collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Woody17
[Today at 12:34:13 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by VillaTim
[Today at 12:20:12 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 148892 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #855 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:28 PM »
A shot on target would be nice. I just can't get my head round why Smith has not given Archer a chance. He is currently sitting at home as he has not been selected to train with the first team as the clueless one prefers Vassilev who still does not get a look-in over Davis or Samatta.

yep, its just baffling. Play Samatta, he's shows nothing at all. ok i'll try Davis, he shows nothing at all. okay i'll play Samatta and so on and so on. If you're 2 forwards have a goal scoring record that would shame a centre half then maybe try someone else ffs.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #856 on: July 09, 2020, 10:37:47 PM »
Smith has lost it. He has Archer (18 years old starring for the U23s) sitting at home who has not even been chosen to train with the first team. He would offer far more than what we currently have. It beggars belief. I don't care if people think I am banging on about it. I know I am right. If he had been given a chance earlier on I am convinced we would not be where we are now. Just look at the videos of him in action on the H&V FB Page to see what he is capable of.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #857 on: July 09, 2020, 10:39:59 PM »
My post from another thread is probably best suited here. I’d like to get an owners perspective at the end of the season and see if their plan has changed and how ?......

I think DS will be ok to get us out of the championship again but it’s gonna take a couple of years. Even with the likes of our best half a dozen players sold I don’t feel the others are gutsy performers for 2 games a week ..... if DS has some choice of championship players to buy or get on loan without Suso he may be ok.. I don’t know why but Richard o Kelly pisses me off more than Deano.
Other than Luiz I can’t seem AelG , Trez stopping on top of the better players going, and the squad for championship doesn’t seem the same without fighters such as Snoddy, Albert, Chessie, Hutton, Tammy

Can see us down but think it’s gonna take longer to get back up this time
I really wonder what our owners are thinking ?

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #858 on: July 09, 2020, 10:41:42 PM »
Do the full parachute payments kick in again if we go down?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #859 on: July 09, 2020, 10:42:21 PM »
I accepted relegation ages ago. Just yesterday I said I want to see us win 1 game before the season ends. Realistically I'd like to see us score a goal before the end of the season.
The club did too AFAIC. We've struggled since the start of d member and here we are 7 months later and thos in charge have done nothing. It's fucking negligence the bunch of charlatans.

P.s. I don't want Smith at this club now let alone next season. He has been a disaster and is miles out if his depth.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #860 on: July 09, 2020, 10:42:25 PM »
My post from another thread is probably best suited here. I’d like to get an owners perspective at the end of the season and see if their plan has changed and how ?......

I think DS will be ok to get us out of the championship again but it’s gonna take a couple of years. Even with the likes of our best half a dozen players sold I don’t feel the others are gutsy performers for 2 games a week ..... if DS has some choice of championship players to buy or get on loan without Suso he may be ok.. I don’t know why but Richard o Kelly pisses me off more than Deano.
Other than Luiz I can’t seem AelG , Trez stopping on top of the better players going, and the squad for championship doesn’t seem the same without fighters such as Snoddy, Albert, Chessie, Hutton, Tammy

Can see us down but think it’s gonna take longer to get back up this time
I really wonder what our owners are thinking ?

DS cannot remains under any circumstances whatsoever. Amazed anyone is thinking otherwise

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #861 on: July 09, 2020, 10:44:46 PM »
Smith has lost it. He has Archer (18 years old starring for the U23s) sitting at home who has not even been chosen to train with the first team. He would offer far more than what we currently have. It beggars belief. I don't care if people think I am banging on about it. I know I am right. If he had been given a chance earlier on I am convinced we would not be where we are now. Just look at the videos of him in action on the H&V FB Page to see what he is capable of.

well it doesn't matter if you're right about him. its an alternative to something that we can plainly see isn't working so what have you lost? But if you don't even bother trying.............

Offline colin69

« Reply #862 on: July 09, 2020, 10:45:26 PM »
We are still in it but after tonight I can’t see us winning another game this season. No fight from management or players. Disgraceful!!

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #863 on: July 09, 2020, 10:47:32 PM »
Assuming there are no injuries or anything he cannot possibly be worse than the two duds we currently use.

Online Legion

« Reply #864 on: July 09, 2020, 10:48:28 PM »
It's not over. Yet.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #865 on: July 09, 2020, 11:55:06 PM »
Do the full parachute payments kick in again if we go down?

Yep.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #866 on: July 09, 2020, 11:55:50 PM »
It's not over. Yet.

You'll get very good odds on us staying up if you're confident.

Online Legion

« Reply #867 on: July 09, 2020, 11:58:14 PM »
Not in the slightest.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #868 on: July 10, 2020, 02:03:38 AM »
That's now 2 points from 51 against the top 9 teams. Feck me!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #869 on: July 10, 2020, 08:32:43 AM »
Assuming there are no injuries or anything he cannot possibly be worse than the two duds we currently use.
How many times has there been young players chomping at the bit who would be bound to save us if only given a chance, but then have turned out to be pretty shit? 

Cameon Archer may well turn out to be a superstar, but the reason we are being relegated is not just because we didn't place all our chips on an untested 18 year old to save us.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal