collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Relegation Watch  (Read 148938 times)

Offline Sleeuwenhoek

Re: Relegation Watch
« Reply #195 on: February 29, 2020, 08:06:38 PM »
Just means we've got to show some belief and start doing it for ourselves, we can't rely on everyone else losing all the time. We have shown at various times this season that we are capable, still lots to play for.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #196 on: February 29, 2020, 08:19:35 PM »
We still need 12-14 points, nothing has changed.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #197 on: February 29, 2020, 08:24:04 PM »
I find it a little annoying that we demand a never say die attitude and spirit and anything less is not good enough or called having no heart and then as soon as results turn against us some of the same people wave the white flag and say with a quarter of the season left that it's already done and dusted.

Every single fixture we are capable of getting a result from. We've been firmly reminded that non are no chance, write off games, other teams are their to fight, for every point. We have to be in the same mindset too. Non of this bullshit about it's going to be the game against those around us spouted by even the manager. Every single game will decide if we are back playing QPR on a Tuesday night.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 08:37:18 PM by aj2k77 »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #198 on: February 29, 2020, 08:27:38 PM »
Agreed. There's a very brittle mentality.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #199 on: February 29, 2020, 08:30:26 PM »
Aston Villa need to be in the premier league. It is where we belong and it is where the money is. It is where we have to be if we are to have any chance of keeping Jack.

In the grand scheme of things that's why I made the comment about the cup being a distraction and being something more suited to a season when we are an established top flight club again.

If we go down, that will have been 4 out of 5 seasons we will have been out of the top flight and that is grim for a club our size.
Getting to cup finals is also very important to a club like Aston Villa.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #200 on: February 29, 2020, 08:32:06 PM »
I thought all Tuesday night Championship games were traditionally played oop north?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #201 on: February 29, 2020, 08:40:45 PM »
I think the mentality of the management team and players is a little more important than those on an internet site.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #202 on: February 29, 2020, 08:43:09 PM »
Agreed. There's a very brittle mentality.

Players or fans? And who gets paid not to be?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #203 on: February 29, 2020, 09:03:39 PM »
Awful set of results but it’s that time of the year where strange results start to happen. We’ve just got to make sure we are amongst them. Chelsea, Arsenal, Palace, Sheffield Utd and Man Utd all at home. All perfectly winnable. Leicester and Newcastle have both hit the wall. Everton have nothing to play for and Wolves have Europa league.  Maybe even West Ham will have nothing to play for if them morphing into Brazil 70 comes to pass.

It’s still all on our own hands.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #204 on: February 29, 2020, 09:10:38 PM »
I think the mentality of the management team and players is a little more important than those on an internet site.

Exactly.  Whatever gets said on here isn't quite the same as El Ghazi deciding he's had enough after a slight graze to the cheek in a must win game.  That's where we need people rolling their sleeves up, on the field.  If the team wasn't so utterly feeble we'd probably have more confidence that they're capable of getting out of the shit.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #205 on: February 29, 2020, 09:18:45 PM »
We are a huge bunch of pussies. We don't have the guts for the fight.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #206 on: February 29, 2020, 09:21:16 PM »

Exactly.  Whatever gets said on here isn't quite the same as El Ghazi deciding he's had enough after a slight graze to the cheek in a must win game.  That's where we need people rolling their sleeves up, on the field.  If the team wasn't so utterly feeble we'd probably have more confidence that they're capable of getting out of the shit.

How you doing Steve, Newcastle treating you well?

Just to be clear, we really need to get over the idea that we'd be fine if we just tried a bit harder. It's the 2nd myth that Villa fans turn to in a bad run (after accusing the team of not being fit enough). Neither of those things are the problem. Our issue is about personal responsibility and self-confidence, not lack of effort or fitness (aside from 1-2 players).

Offline Dave P

« Reply #207 on: February 29, 2020, 09:26:58 PM »
My biggest hope is that if we do go down, we still have 30k season ticket holders and a waiting list.

Offline wince

« Reply #208 on: February 29, 2020, 09:32:24 PM »
Gentlemen we are rather fucked....

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #209 on: February 29, 2020, 09:32:37 PM »
Think Bournemouth not beating Chelsea will actually deflate them a fair bit.

Well it's more than we'd manage. Oh what I would fucking give for a point from a strong position against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs to name just three games we got zero from.

Chelsea are very beatable currently. We need to show some bottle v them in two weeks and I reckon we'll get at least a draw. I said that pre Spurs so hopefully no Captain errors from one of the CBs would help aswell.

I believe the error Engels made is a symptom of everything wrong this season. The first instinct should have been to stick his boot through that ball and boot it into the stand. They aren't being drilled to think like that. They are being drilled, it appears, to control it and play nice football.

Control it and play nice football? What an absolute fucking scandal!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal