collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156749 times)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #990 on: February 26, 2020, 01:11:01 PM »
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]

Interesting that both those goals (PO final and Semi) were crosses from Elmo

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #991 on: February 26, 2020, 01:14:10 PM »
Yep, he can be a decent crosser of the ball.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #992 on: February 26, 2020, 01:51:31 PM »
Best crosser at the club.

Offline supertom

« Reply #993 on: February 26, 2020, 01:52:00 PM »
It surprises me just how little excitement I can muster for a game where in all likihood, City will waltz to a comfortable victory. I've never gone into a Wembley game for Villa not fancying it, even a little. I thought we'd give Arsenal game in 2015 (sadly, the opposite was true). I thought we'd beat Chelsea, Utd, Chelsea (in the 2010 semi) or at least make a game of it (we only did against Utd of those games). I always fancied winning the playoff games we had. I always felt, no matter if we weren't fantastic, that we'd raise our game.
Trouble is...we're going into a Wembley final, having never looked shitter as a side, going into a cup final. We're not as bad as when we got relegated (which came after the FA Cup final). I've got virtually zero optimism. The sad part is, we play these big sides this season, and there's not a side out there bar Liverpool in the Premier League that any fucker should fear. That includes City. You can get at them. On their day, absolutely unstoppable yes, but they've been fallable this season. I fucking hate that we played a mediocre Spurs side and didn't see out a result on our patch. See also Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal. It bugs me other clubs are pulling off results against sides that historically we've often been comfortably beaten by when they've looked at their best but have been poor this season. We just seem to have a disappointing small time mentality. Even when we raise our game the nerves and mistakes kick in because we panic and we lose. Unfortunately, City this season haven't even seen our plucky side. They've had it easy as anything.

And I hate UEFA for announcing City's ban pre-final, because with the prospect of one less trophy to compete for next season, and potentially beyond, and looking like the pickings this season are getting slimmer, they'll not be taking this lightly. It might be the Milk Cup, but they'll want in the cabinet, probably more than our players do.

Prove me wrong Villa, but my guts telling me we'll roll over with a wimper. I hate caring about a cup final, I really do. There's 5-6 players I'm sick of seeing at the moment too and I'm dreading the starting lineup.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #994 on: February 26, 2020, 02:16:03 PM »
deleted...posting rubbish (again)

Online Drummond

« Reply #995 on: February 26, 2020, 02:16:51 PM »
Best crosser at the club.
no, that's Elmo I reckon.

That's who we were talking about.  :D

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #996 on: February 26, 2020, 05:00:42 PM »
i'm also trying to dampen expectations with my two lads

its just about having a good day out i tell them,
i don't think i've ever been to a match with as much foreboding before

i think adds's 99 out of a hundred is spot on we are just hoping we get the 1% game on Sunday

the thing that will piss me off the most is we will probably lose and we will leave the stadium with all the city fans as they wont be that arsed about winning it to stay and see them raise the cup

if it is the 1% day we will celebrate long into the night/week

i'm going for a 4 nill defeat in a game similar to the FA cup final but hoping for a miracle

( my daughter is a lucky charm for Villa she has only seen us lose once, Liverpool, but cant go as i was only allowed 3 tickets so if someone has a spare on the top section and want to see the Villa win through magic and voodoo that her presence brings pm me, you know it makes sense)

don’t worry chaps
we are going to win, just picked up a return on the official site for my lucky charm daughter

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #997 on: February 26, 2020, 05:13:16 PM »
Probably already been posted, but in case it hasn't

Referee: Lee Mason
Assistant Referees: Ian Hussin and Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: David Coote
VAR: Mike Dean
AVAR: Neil Davies

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #998 on: February 26, 2020, 05:14:03 PM »

i think adds's 99 out of a hundred is spot on we are just hoping we get the 1% game on Sunday

the thing that will piss me off the most is we will probably lose and we will leave the stadium with all the city fans as they wont be that arsed about winning it to stay and see them raise the cup

i'm going for a 4 nill defeat in a game similar to the FA cup final but hoping for a miracle

( my daughter is a lucky charm for Villa she has only seen us lose once, Liverpool, but cant go as i was only allowed 3 tickets so if someone has a spare on the top section and want to see the Villa win through magic and voodoo that her presence brings pm me, you know it makes sense)

don’t worry chaps
we are going to win, just picked up a return on the official site for my lucky charm daughter

Hi john, how'd you go about that mate? Buy Tickets button is showing as 'Coming Soon' for me, was still showing Sold Out two days ago......

Offline KRS

« Reply #999 on: February 26, 2020, 05:34:10 PM »
Just on The Chase...apparently Man City won the League Cup for the 6th time last year going ahead of our 5 wins (we’re still level with Man Utd and Chelsea). If they win on Sunday they’ll be one behind Liverpool...or we could go level with Man City. Annoyingly, 4 of their 6 LC wins have come in the last 6 seasons.

Online Drummond

« Reply #1000 on: February 26, 2020, 05:46:12 PM »
Probably already been posted, but in case it hasn't

Referee: Lee Mason
Assistant Referees: Ian Hussin and Harry Lennard
Fourth Official: David Coote
VAR: Mike Dean
AVAR: Neil Davies

Yep, Lee Mason from Greater Manchester (Bolton) and Mike fucking Dean...

Offline john e

« Reply #1001 on: February 26, 2020, 06:24:24 PM »

don’t worry chaps

Hi john, how'd you go about that mate? Buy Tickets button is showing as 'Coming Soon' for me, was still showing Sold Out two days ago......

Right this is what you do

go on to away tickets and it will come up as Sold Out

stay on that page and keep refreshing
I refreshed on a mobile, and just kept pressing

then when there is a return it changes to Buy
that’s when you need to act fast
Press Buy, that will then take you to the seat press on that straight away and then complete the purchase as normal

I spent 20-30 minutes refreshing and missed the first time but got lucky second time
It might take longer I don’t know
depends on how desperate you are and how much time and patience you have

Good luck

Offline john e

« Reply #1002 on: February 26, 2020, 06:27:52 PM »
Just to be clear when I say keep refreshing I don’t mean every couple of minutes I mean all the time like 100 times a minute until it turns to Buy

it does do it even if you start to lose hope

Online Taylor

« Reply #1003 on: February 26, 2020, 06:40:04 PM »
Just been watching one of those road to Wembley videos on you tube. Lansbury seemed to play a vital part in many of our goals. After his comments about players "playing themselves out of a place", I wonder if Smith may start with our Henri?

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1004 on: February 26, 2020, 06:43:21 PM »
Just been watching one of those road to Wembley videos on you tube. Lansbury seemed to play a vital part in many of our goals. After his comments about players "playing themselves out of a place", I wonder if Smith may start with our Henri?

Lansbury has not been used effectively in my opinion. He was excellent in the hole for forest and we have never player him there

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal