collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread  (Read 156733 times)

Offline john2710

Re: Aston Villa v Man City League Cup Final Pre Match Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2020, 12:40:10 PM »
Man City have got Real Madrid in the Champions league a few days before the final. Hopefully they'll be knackered & rest a few for the final (assuming they get past Utd).

Offline kieron

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2020, 12:42:31 PM »
Allocations are usually around 33,000 so that'll sort out season ticket holders.

Doesn't leave a lot for the post season ticket holder criteria brackets though.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2020, 12:46:01 PM »
Got 5 games on my history for this season (been to more but they were freebies). Just got a ticket for the Spurs game incase its the same criteria as playoff final.
In previous years it's gone to claret members before ticket history.  People have cottoned on that for £25 quid they can skip the queue so we've now got loads of Claret Members, so if they adopt the same policy I can't see it going beyond that.  They should probably consider putting in a layer of Claret members with ticket history I guess, but that would go against the key benefit on which Claret Membership was sold.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2020, 12:50:18 PM »
Future quiz question in the making, "Which 2020 cup-winning side knocked out all of that season's top three en route to lifting the trophy?"

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »
Got 5 games on my history for this season (been to more but they were freebies). Just got a ticket for the Spurs game incase its the same criteria as playoff final.
In previous years it's gone to claret members before ticket history.  People have cottoned on that for £25 quid they can skip the queue so we've now got loads of Claret Members, so if they adopt the same policy I can't see it going beyond that.  They should probably consider putting in a layer of Claret members with ticket history I guess, but that would go against the key benefit on which Claret Membership was sold.

There are a lot of claret members so I think there will be booking history stages, otherwise the demand for 3000 tickets will simpler crash the internet!

The claret members in my family haven’t joined to skip the queue, they’ve done it because otherwise there’s no virtually chance of getting a ticket for any game, let alone Wembley.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2020, 02:37:18 PM »
It's a sign of how things have changed that we regard Man U as easier opponents than Citeh.

I don't. I'd rather play Man City.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2020, 02:44:04 PM »

There are a lot of claret members so I think there will be booking history stages, otherwise the demand for 3000 tickets will simpler crash the internet!

The claret members in my family haven’t joined to skip the queue, they’ve done it because otherwise there’s no virtually chance of getting a ticket for any game, let alone Wembley.

I joined to ensure a ticket for home games. After all, it was unlikely we would get to Wembley this season. Apparently there are about 8000 Claret members.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2020, 02:49:14 PM »
I doubt every season ticket holder will go anyway

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 02:55:08 PM »
It is possible that Man City might return some of their allocation as some of their fans have become blasé about such things.

Online maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 03:23:57 PM »
It is possible that Man City might return some of their allocation as some of their fans have become blasé about such things.

Tonight's semi-final was not sold out. Manchester Derby as well.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 03:50:30 PM »
True.  It was rumoured that they were going to change the name of their stadium to the Emptyhad

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 04:01:47 PM »
Not one of the 4 semi finals legs sold out.

Offline Andy1874

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 04:16:53 PM »
That may be the case, but I guarantee references will be passed around

Online luke95

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »
That may be the case, but I guarantee references will be passed around
It wont go anywhere near to general sale , I'd guess there will be a fair few C&B member that will miss out
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:48:39 PM by luke95 »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2020, 05:49:51 PM »
On the day touts will be charging in the region of £150 for tickets for whichever Manc club it is and £250+ for any of ours.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal