collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread  (Read 44326 times)

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread
« Reply #345 on: January 29, 2020, 09:58:11 PM »
It’s not that common that a team beats anyone three times in a season, normally at least one of the games ends in a draw or goes the other way, and a tonking in one game doesn’t mean the same outcome is inevitable again. Palace beat Liverpool in an FA Cup semi after losing 9-0 in the League, Southampton beat Leicester the other week. We’ll have a striker on the pitch this time and we’ll learn from our tactical mistakes. You’ve just got to believe.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #346 on: January 29, 2020, 10:06:21 PM »
It’s not that common that a team beats anyone three times in a season, normally at least one of the games ends in a draw or goes the other way, and a tonking in one game doesn’t mean the same outcome is inevitable again. Palace beat Liverpool in an FA Cup semi after losing 9-0 in the League, Southampton beat Leicester the other week. We’ll have a striker on the pitch this time and we’ll learn from our tactical mistakes. You’ve just got to believe.

Amen.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #347 on: January 29, 2020, 10:07:09 PM »

We did with Derby last season...

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #348 on: January 29, 2020, 10:07:19 PM »
I had to break my self imposed (suggested) exile to share on the glory ! Come on the villa boys ! I mean how good was that !
Oh my ! Still feeling so good! What a match !
Firstly ! Nyland you are a hero and show what hard work is !
Deserve the plaudits.
B) I love Dean Smith !and to a player everyone did it yesterday!

3) speaking if love I have to say the name  Trezeguet  translate in loose french for very homer sexual ! And despite loving my gf dearly I felt love Trezeguet even more than I do after that winner!
Still buzzing !

And let us all sing to the Chorus of  the tune of Irish songstress  Enya  ! And Orinco flow ! "sail away"
But my Chant goes :

Trezeguet !Trezeguet! Trezeguet!

So now it it's time for my Winter break and a re appearance on March 1!
I shall bore off as someone once kindly said to much joy and hoping for all the best for our fantastic club and each and everyone of you in football matters and in life ! And  February love to u all here !!! Please villa just keep winning!
We should be getting 1 or 2 signings on Friday and
Up the fucking villa (sorry ! Just so excited!)

Glad to read this, Skillz. Keep posting!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #349 on: January 29, 2020, 10:07:44 PM »
That's true and was my hope when we played Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final but it ended badly.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #350 on: January 29, 2020, 10:10:20 PM »

The exception that proves the rule.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #351 on: January 29, 2020, 10:11:09 PM »

But Derby did scare us slightly by managing to score a goal in the third defeat.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #352 on: January 29, 2020, 10:13:37 PM »
The first professional club in the world to play in a major domestic cup final in fourteen different decades.

Good stats!

We're not actually in the 20s yet thought are we. This is the final year of the 2010s.

How is 2020 not in the 20s?! I wasn’t a teenager when I was 20!

Because a decade is completed at the end of the tenth year in it, not at the start of it.  It's like when we all celebrated the new millennium a year too early. 

A decade starts with a year with a 0 and ends with a year with a 9.
So the first decade was only of 9 years duration, then?

As mentioned earlier, a decade is 10 years and can be any 10 consecutive years. Common usage has come to define it as starting with a year ending in 0 e.g. 80's, 90's etc.

Offline olaftab

« Reply #353 on: January 29, 2020, 10:14:57 PM »
While we are reviewing decisions, can we get Maddison a three game ban for that disgraceful dive at the end?
I am surprised that Maddison wasn't totally baffled by the fact that Dean bought his dive.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:38:29 PM by olaftab »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #354 on: January 29, 2020, 10:24:52 PM »
I must admit that I thought they were giving pens whether deliberate or not where the hand is outside the natural silhouette of the body.  I think we’ve got away with one here.  But fuck em, we’ve had some shockers ourselves this season, so suck it up like we’ve had to.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #355 on: January 29, 2020, 10:29:29 PM »
At full speed, I think he was protecting his face. I hope that's still allowed.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #356 on: January 29, 2020, 10:31:09 PM »
Didn't Man City lose at Norwich this year, whereas we shafted them 5-1?

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #357 on: January 29, 2020, 10:33:37 PM »
Didn't Man City lose at Norwich this year, whereas we shafted them 5-1?

Well no one's mentioned it if they did.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #358 on: January 29, 2020, 10:38:26 PM »
At full speed, I think he was protecting his face. I hope that's still allowed.
VAR isn’t limited to full speed.  It’s clear it hits his hand above and to the side of his head.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #359 on: January 29, 2020, 11:10:10 PM »
That's true and was my hope when we played Chelsea in the FA Cup semi final but it ended badly.
Don’t forget we won the home game 2-0 that season

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal