collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread  (Read 44280 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2020, 02:28:19 PM »
For anyone wondering about Konsa, he has got a 1 match ban in the League Cup for 2 bookings, he was actually booked 3 times in total but they are wiped for the QF, but you cannot be banned from the final for yellow cards. So his ban will be the first LC game he can play next season.

What a bizarre way to formulate a rule, but hey ho, it works in our favour on this occasion so I'll take it!

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2020, 02:31:22 PM »
For anyone wondering about Konsa, he has got a 1 match ban in the League Cup for 2 bookings, he was actually booked 3 times in total but they are wiped for the QF, but you cannot be banned from the final for yellow cards. So his ban will be the first LC game he can play next season.

Cheers, was waiting for someone to explain (too lazy).

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #287 on: January 29, 2020, 03:18:10 PM »
Anyone got a decent pic/video of the big Holte flag from last night?

You must have been near me Jon. I was in front row of the Trinity in A3

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #288 on: January 29, 2020, 03:19:19 PM »
The hangover from last night is starting to ease. The trials and tribulations of being a villa fan eh. I fuckin love it. Last night like many days through the last 50 years I hugged complete strangers and chatted with strangers like I had known them for years.The brothers and sisters of the most fantastic dysfunctional family on this earth.The team,the ground and the brothers and sisters keep me turning up week in week out,season in season out. The Adton Villa family is the best family on gods earth. That's why we are all VTID.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #289 on: January 29, 2020, 03:20:05 PM »
Any footage available of the supposed Nakamba handball?

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #290 on: January 29, 2020, 03:35:22 PM »
Took a look at a Leicester forum. If you think the vitriol on here after defeat is bad then trust me, we have nothing on them.

Schmeichel is embarrassing trying to command a defence.
Maddison is a twat.
The midfield is shite.
They're all show ponies.

Remind ourselves, if we are ever in the top 3 a couple of years after winning the league and find ourselves in a cup semi final not to be as spoilt and derogatory as those clowns.

Fuck Leicester.

Indeed, but still think we beat a good side last night.  As unlikeable as he is, a fit and firing Jamie Vardy makes them a very good side.

Think Dean Smith and the coaching team deserve a lot of credit for getting the tactics spot on.  From my position in the Holte, it looked they matched us with a 3-4-3 formation, but Maddison had a free role and was dropping in to the hole between our midfield and defence.  To counter it, we pinched Grealish and El Ghazi in a bit to pick up one of their midfielders which allowed Nakamba to drop a bit deeper and pick Maddison up. 

Didn't always work as he did find quite a bit of space on occasions, but it was pretty effective in preventing them from dominating the central midfield area.

I also thought it was interesting how they pressed Schmeichel at various points, and his kicking was poorer than I had realised.

It was also noticeable that  we were happy to press some defenders but not Evans as he has no creativity. Letting him have the ball was one of our best plays last night.

On the other hand, I shit myself every time Hause has the ball at his feet.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #291 on: January 29, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »
Anyone got a decent pic/video of the big Holte flag from last night?

You must have been near me Jon. I was in front row of the Trinity in A3

From that view, there's no way Jon was near the front row!

As an aside, some people in front of us had a right wounder. Couple turn up not long after kick off, people are in their seats on the front row.
"Excuse me, those are our seats"
"But we've got tickets. See, look"
>examine errant tickets<
"You want row AA, not A".
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 03:47:21 PM by Lastfootstamper »

Offline exigo

« Reply #292 on: January 29, 2020, 03:49:05 PM »

It's in the extended highlights here.
Lot of fuss about nothing.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #293 on: January 29, 2020, 04:15:53 PM »

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #294 on: January 29, 2020, 04:26:45 PM »

It's in the extended highlights here.
Lot of fuss about nothing.
Talksport are banging on about it at the moment...

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015

Offline nigel

« Reply #296 on: January 29, 2020, 04:33:45 PM »

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #297 on: January 29, 2020, 04:34:38 PM »
Its about time we had some "fortune"...last minute winners, instead of last minute losers, VAR edging in favour of us instead of against and ref decisions (Mings handball second yellow last week) going in our favour. We were well overdue the swings and roundabouts effect....

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #298 on: January 29, 2020, 04:55:47 PM »
The story of our win has virtually disappeared from the BBC Sport site. Arseholes.

Yep, not on the BBC Sport homepage, yet there is a whole section about people who style american sports stars with multiple videos.

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #299 on: January 29, 2020, 04:59:31 PM »
Having lived in Leicestershire for almost 30 years I'm delighted to have got one over the Foxes and I have to say the Leicester fans I know have been magnanimous. This defeat will hit them hard. The fans were longing to go to Wembley and Rogers was determined to get a trophy to demonstrate the progress they have made under him. When the draw was made I was far from positive as Leicester have quality all over the pitch and they outplayed us in December. However, teamwork, organisation and determination got us over the line in the most dramatic and satisfying manner.

Big shot out for our manager. He has improved the concentration and determination so that instead of conceding late goals we are always striving to get a winner. He has managed the transition to a back three well and Konsa and Hause are growing in confidence and assurance. He has fostered a real togetherness in the squad (look for example at Nyland's magnificent performance despite being a fringe player. All of his substitutions last night were well timed and profoundly effective. His joy (and that of those around him) was palpable.

I wonder how many of the "Smith out" brigade will be clamouring for tickets when Deano proudly leads out the team he has assembled (in a short time and difficult conditions) for the second time in ten months?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal