collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread  (Read 44360 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Wemberlee bound Villa post match thread
« Reply #255 on: January 29, 2020, 10:14:44 AM »
Took a look at a Leicester forum. If you think the vitriol on here after defeat is bad then trust me, we have nothing on them.

Schmeichel is embarrassing trying to command a defence.
Maddison is a twat.
The midfield is shite.
They're all show ponies.

Remind ourselves, if we are ever in the top 3 a couple of years after winning the league and find ourselves in a cup semi final not to be as spoilt and derogatory as those clowns.

Fuck Leicester.

They're right though.

Maddison is a twat.

Offline Ugo

« Reply #256 on: January 29, 2020, 10:16:07 AM »
Was my son (5) and daughters (9) first evening game. My daughter was already sold 100% after Wembley. I couldn’t get tickets for Wembley for my son so he still needed a bit of coaxing and “likes” Vardy and Kane.

Fair to say he is now sold on the Villa (if a little tired this morning).

Marvellous.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #257 on: January 29, 2020, 10:17:45 AM »
I did say in the match thread that Elmo was our secret weapon...

Now the question... do I fly to London....
Well it is a long way to swim...

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2020, 10:19:44 AM »
From the Leicester Forum on their fans.

Gruesome end. Completely gave up on our team at 1-0 down. Villa, on the other hand, were great. Got behind their lads when they were under the cosh and helped them over the line. They were everything we weren't three weeks ago.

Offline Ugo

« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »

Gruesome end. Completely gave up on our team at 1-0 down. Villa, on the other hand, were great. Got behind their lads when they were under the cosh and helped them over the line. They were everything we weren't three weeks ago.

We sat Trinity Upper, A7, so very close to the Leicester fans, they were terribly, terribly quite from our goal to until their goal. I know sometimes an atmosphere just doesn’t happen for whatever reason but even so it was a very poor show.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:23:55 AM by Ugo »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #260 on: January 29, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »
Took a look at a Leicester forum. If you think the vitriol on here after defeat is bad then trust me, we have nothing on them.

Maddison is a twat.
The midfield is shite.
They're all show ponies.

Remind ourselves, if we are ever in the top 3 a couple of years after winning the league and find ourselves in a cup semi final not to be as spoilt and derogatory as those clowns.

Fuck Leicester.

Yes I saw that, they were all frothing at Rogers and saying he wasn't the man for big time.

I know we like a moan on here, but we're a genuinely big club who have been on the bones of our arse for 10 years.  They're a shit, nothing club, from a shithole of a city, and have won the Premier League and will be in the Champions League agin next season.  Get a fucking grip or at least some sense of perspective.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2020, 10:24:28 AM »

We sat Trinity Upper, A2, so very close to the Leicester fans, they were terribly, terribly quite from our goal to until their goal. I know sometimes an atmosphere just doesn’t happen for whatever reason but even so it was a very poor show.

With the exception of those very annoying "You're shit ahhhhh!" chants every time there was a goal kick for us. Which of course they do for the entire duration of every away game, like they did in December. They're so 'ard, them lot.

Nice to read the above from an opposition fan with his head screwed on, all the same.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #262 on: January 29, 2020, 10:26:32 AM »
Brilliant result last night (I had mentally prepared myself for disappointment especially when I thought it was going to penalties with few recognised penalty takers) so all the more sweeter!!! Well done to all of them.

I just checked out the BBC transfer gossip https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip only to see the rag at the bottom with the headline Pitch invasion mars Villa joy! It would be unbelievable if it wasn't so predictable. The only good word I can say about that toilet paper is that they're at least consistent(ly disgraceful).

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2020, 10:27:33 AM »
Brilliant result last night (I had mentally prepared myself for disappointment especially when I thought it was going to penalties with few recognised penalty takers) so all the more sweeter!!! Well done to all of them.

I just checked out the BBC transfer gossip https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip only to see the rag at the bottom with the headline Pitch invasion mars Villa joy! It would be unbelievable if it wasn't so predictable. The only good word I can say about that toilet paper is that they're at least consistent(ly disgraceful).

FTFs

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2020, 10:30:02 AM »
Good grief there are some bitter twats from that shit hole city out there today.

Talkshite last night, Brian the Leicester fan typified their tin pot football club. Anyone else hear this dimwit?

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2020, 11:01:37 AM »
Good grief there are some bitter twats from that shit hole city out there today.

Talkshite last night, Brian the Leicester fan typified their tin pot football club. Anyone else hear this dimwit?

Was he the one who wanted Nigel Pearson back?

Online Lastfootstamper

« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2020, 11:16:36 AM »

We sat Trinity Upper, A7, so very close to the Leicester fans, they were terribly, terribly quite from our goal to until their goal. I know sometimes an atmosphere just doesn’t happen for whatever reason but even so it was a very poor show.

The netting did its job superbly.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #267 on: January 29, 2020, 11:24:04 AM »
Anyone got spare ticket stubs?

Wemberlee!!!!
No but you can have my Programme tokens.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #268 on: January 29, 2020, 11:36:32 AM »
The story of our win has virtually disappeared from the BBC Sport site. Arseholes.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #269 on: January 29, 2020, 11:43:42 AM »

Maddison is a twat.
The midfield is shite.
They're all show ponies.

Fuck Leicester.

Indeed, but still think we beat a good side last night.  As unlikeable as he is, a fit and firing Jamie Vardy makes them a very good side.

Think Dean Smith and the coaching team deserve a lot of credit for getting the tactics spot on.  From my position in the Holte, it looked they matched us with a 3-4-3 formation, but Maddison had a free role and was dropping in to the hole between our midfield and defence.  To counter it, we pinched Grealish and El Ghazi in a bit to pick up one of their midfielders which allowed Nakamba to drop a bit deeper and pick Maddison up. 

Didn't always work as he did find quite a bit of space on occasions, but it was pretty effective in preventing them from dominating the central midfield area.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal