collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Leicester City pre-match thread  (Read 20284 times)

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: Aston Villa vs Leicester City pre-match thread
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2020, 12:32:31 PM »
A win and a good performance tonight is also good for Saturday's game.

Confidence is everything.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2020, 12:41:57 PM »
They might be a better team. They'll never be a bigger club.

Yes, well, technically Sunderland are a bigger club than Leicester. For all the good it does them, sitting 6th in League One.

And your point is?

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2020, 12:46:39 PM »
What's also conveniently forgotten in the rush to praise Leicester is that they went into administration and came out thanks to a deal that was so outrageously unfair it led to the rules on such situations being changed.

DMail. But a good read.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3582034/Leicester-City-s-Premier-League-success-restored-faith-football-darker-fairytale.html

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2020, 01:14:52 PM »
I know they put out a weakened side last night but Bournemouth were pretty awful for most of the game against a rank average Arsenal as well.

Good win tonight and we can take them Saturday as well - players should bust a gut in next 2 games as they have a decent break coming up

Offline exigo

« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2020, 01:19:24 PM »
Fewer than 100 seats left now for tonight.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2020, 01:21:09 PM »
What's also conveniently forgotten in the rush to praise Leicester is that they went into administration and came out thanks to a deal that was so outrageously unfair it led to the rules on such situations being changed.

Not a million miles away from us being bailed out of administration by Billionaires and selling the rights to VP to keep the club ticking. I could see the rules changing around that in the near future.

In 10 years time, a run of silverware for them and a string of bad results for us, and there's an argument to be had about who the bigger club is.

Let's take one step towards keeping the balance firmly in our favour tonight ;) 

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2020, 01:24:55 PM »

Not a million miles away from us being bailed out of administration by Billionaires and selling the rights to VP to keep the club ticking. I could see the rules changing around that in the near future.

In 10 years time, a run of silverware for them and a string of bad results for us, and there's an argument to be had about who the bigger club is.

It is a billion miles apart. How many innocent suppliers got screwed by us?

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »

Sorry, I meant the concept of 'to a deal that was so outrageously unfair it led to the rules on such situations being changed', rather than the actual details of the incident.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2020, 01:30:32 PM »
I have a reverse Han Solo about this one: “I got a good feeling about this...”

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2020, 01:43:40 PM »
Leicester will never be a big club.

They're my hometown team, but I've never liked them. They always had decent support, but never anything spectacular. Forest have always had better support, and Derby are very equal to Leicester in almost every respect. It's all about opinions, however.

My dad took me as a kid, but I thought Filbert Street was shit, the team was always Division 1 when I was growing up, and my Grandad was Villa. One glimpse of Villa Park and it was love at first sight.

If we beat them tonight we'll have done really well, because they play very decent football. I don't like Vardy, Rodgers, Maddison and co, but they'd improve us no end if they were ours. My dad will sit in the Holte tonight and cheer us on. In many ways he loves us more than Leicester. But if Leicester triumph, I'll bear no grudges. Not towards my dad, anyway.

I hate Leicester, though. Not as much as other teams, but they're certainly up there with West Brom, Spurs, Chelsea and Newcastle.

Fuck them. Up the Villa.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 08:11:25 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2020, 01:48:18 PM »
I would take a win over Bournemouth over a win tonight.
If it wasn’t citeh in the final and if the impact of relegation was not so potentially devastating I might think differently.
I just hope we come through without any serious injuries to key players.
You're right about the Bournemouth game being much, much more important. I was extremely apprehensive this time last week before the Watford game. 

As far as I'm concerned, getting to the League Cup semi-final has been a bonus, a little winter warmer, considering it's our first season back in the Prem, and it would be great to win tonight!

As I said before, if we do get through, Manure could pull off a result against £iteh tomorrow...

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2020, 01:56:34 PM »
I know they put out a weakened side last night but Bournemouth were pretty awful for most of the game against a rank average Arsenal as well.

Good win tonight and we can take them Saturday as well - players should bust a gut in next 2 games as they have a decent break coming up

Absolutely this, as with 15 days to our next game after Saturday I want to see our strongest possible side tonight and v Bournemouth

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2020, 02:03:47 PM »

There's absolutely no argument to be had, ever.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2020, 02:19:46 PM »
19 seats left according to the website.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2020, 02:26:19 PM »

Sorry, I meant the concept of 'to a deal that was so outrageously unfair it led to the rules on such situations being changed', rather than the actual details of the incident.

Nothing we've done has given us a ridiculously unfair adantage over every other club we're competing with and been almost totally dependent on future success.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal