collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Women - Eni Aluko  (Read 35441 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Aston Villa Women - Eni Aluko
« Reply #240 on: June 09, 2021, 09:01:44 AM »
Her and Jonny Gould have done more damage to our reputation than Paul Lambert.

I'd imagine very few non-Villa fans knew or cared that she was employed by us, and the vast majority of those that did will have been unaware of any of her controversial comments since taking up the post. Even fewer will have ever heard of this rent-a-quote dickhead from the Trust.

They're absolute arseholes and I'm glad they're no longer associated with the club in an official capacity. However, I doubt they've made a blind bit of difference to our reputation. They probably don't even have a topic each on SHA or Molineux Mix.

I hope you're right, but as I said last week about Jonny Gould, it seems that every time racism in football is mentioned we get included in the problem clubs.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #241 on: June 09, 2021, 09:05:41 AM »
Well it doesn't help when we have 12yo fans racially abusing black opposition players on Twitter before a game. But we are probably not alone in that but it bigger news then a Hartlepool fan doing it.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #242 on: June 09, 2021, 09:23:45 AM »

I'd imagine very few non-Villa fans knew or cared that she was employed by us, and the vast majority of those that did will have been unaware of any of her controversial comments since taking up the post. Even fewer will have ever heard of this rent-a-quote dickhead from the Trust.

They're absolute arseholes and I'm glad they're no longer associated with the club in an official capacity. However, I doubt they've made a blind bit of difference to our reputation. They probably don't even have a topic each on SHA or Molineux Mix.

I hope you're right, but as I said last week about Jonny Gould, it seems that every time racism in football is mentioned we get included in the problem clubs.

I'd imagine some of the abuse subjected to Zaha last season and the booing by some idiots has brought unwanted spotlight on us. Villa v Chelsea was one of few games since fans were allowed back that actually had something riding on it so would have had more focus on it, perhaps?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #243 on: June 09, 2021, 09:28:41 AM »

I'd imagine some of the abuse subjected to Zaha last season and the booing by some idiots has brought unwanted spotlight on us. Villa v Chelsea was one of few games since fans were allowed back that actually had something riding on it so would have had more focus on it, perhaps?

It's been going on for years. There was some shock, horror story before the 1998 World Cup that mentioned our right-wing hooligans.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #244 on: June 09, 2021, 10:23:08 AM »
What good does it do to ignore issues with (however small) a section of our support that create problems? Yes, Gould and Aluko are idiots, but it's undeniable that there are issues that need to be addressed.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #245 on: June 09, 2021, 10:46:21 AM »
Yeah, agreed. We are hardly Millwall/Leeds/Chelsea/"Rangers" levels but no point pretending that we don't have any twats following us when we obviously do.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #246 on: June 09, 2021, 10:48:58 AM »
You only need to look at Twitter and Facebook to see we have a small contingent of total knuckle dragging morons.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #247 on: June 09, 2021, 10:57:11 AM »
The problem is across all of society, I'm not comfortable at all calling this or that set of supporters 'racist', every club is in a glass house when you start throwing those stones.

All Leeds fans are bellends though.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #248 on: June 09, 2021, 11:00:32 AM »
I doubt whatever this woman has said will have had any effect on Villas reputation. I had never heard of her before she arrived, and wouldn't have known she had left had this thread not been here. Have no idea what she has said that is controversial either.

I doubt that many people that don't follow Villa will be aware of it, or even many that do.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #249 on: June 09, 2021, 11:02:40 AM »
The problem is across all of society, I'm not comfortable at all calling this or that set of supporters 'racist', every club is in a glass house when you start throwing those stones.

Yep on both counts.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #250 on: June 09, 2021, 11:06:12 AM »
What good does it do to ignore issues with (however small) a section of our support that create problems? Yes, Gould and Aluko are idiots, but it's undeniable that there are issues that need to be addressed.

Of course there are, but they're not restricted to the Villa, yet someone who was up until very recently a senior director at the Villa singled us out as "developing a bit of a track record".

She's an absolute gobshite.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #251 on: June 09, 2021, 11:06:34 AM »

They are, but I can say that as one of my friends is a Leeds fan.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #252 on: June 09, 2021, 11:29:02 AM »
Yeah, agreed. We are hardly Millwall/Leeds/Chelsea/"Rangers" levels but no point pretending that we don't have any twats following us when we obviously do.

All clubs do. All.

As I have said before we have our fair share - compared to the Noses % wise we have far fewer but still far too many.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #253 on: June 09, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »

All clubs do. All.

As I have said before we have our fair share - compared to the Noses % wise we have far fewer but still far too many.

The problem in this regard is that lots of the people you describe as twats (and I largely agree regarding their behaviour at football matches) on their side are black, while on our side are white and heavily invested in the politics of it all as well.

The white ones at the Blues are a bit less vocal due to the company they keep.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 01:26:30 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #254 on: March 08, 2022, 04:22:05 PM »
Seems to have landed on her feet again. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/60593513

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal