collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Exeter 77
[Today at 06:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stop Press  (Read 3263 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Stop Press
« on: January 22, 2020, 02:07:38 AM »

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
Re: Stop Press
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 02:25:58 AM »
Happy days might not be here again just yet, but we’re in much better shape than we could be.

On 90 minutes I was looking at the league table and we were in 19th place on 23 points, a few minutes later I looked again and we're 16th on 25. Just as important as the points was the battling 2nd half performance. We're going to need that mentality until the end of the season.

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2020, 03:44:29 AM »
As always a good summary Dave.
Sometimes you get what you deserve in football, Watford certainly did tonight.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 05:51:45 AM »
Good read Dave, always to the point. Nothing like  the joy of a 95th minute winner! 10 points from the next 6 games and we'll be nearly safe!

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2024
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 06:38:45 AM »
Good to read and to see you Dave, definitely one of those ‘you were there’ nights.

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2020, 08:49:02 AM »
Good to read and to see you Dave, definitely one of those ‘you were there’ nights.

- and stayed until the end!
Mention also that Deeney's foul gave us the ball on 94 minutes.
Another good read Dave.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2020, 09:44:40 AM »
Magic! Thanks Dave the world is such a better place the morning after a last minute winner. Just spotted that there's a couple of typos in the 2nd paragraph, 2nd sentence Marvelous line.

I wonder now how much bearing our current league position (outside the bottom three) will help our recruitment?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 09:49:07 AM by Diablo »

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2020, 11:36:43 AM »
The time-wasting by Watford was as bad as any I've ever seen. Are Watford a horrible, negative team or is it just that they've got a horrible, negative manager? Foster was even worse than serial time-wasters like Robinson or Howard. I can't understand why he wasn't yellow- carded (though this never stops keepers from time-wasting because they know they're never going to get a second yellow). As you say, what would Graham Taylor have made of Watford's negativity?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2020, 11:37:43 AM »
Another great read Dave.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2020, 12:31:43 PM »
The time-wasting by Watford was as bad as any I've ever seen. Are Watford a horrible, negative team or is it just that they've got a horrible, negative manager? Foster was even worse than serial time-wasters like Robinson or Howard. I can't understand why he wasn't yellow- carded (though this never stops keepers from time-wasting because they know they're never going to get a second yellow). As you say, what would Graham Taylor have made of Watford's negativity?

It seemed to me that the ref just couldn’t be bothered with the additional hassle of dealing with their time wasting. It was as blatant as anything I have ever witnessed but it made a late injury time winner all the sweeter.

Online Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2020, 01:16:29 PM »

It seemed to me that the ref just couldn’t be bothered with the additional hassle of dealing with their time wasting. It was as blatant as anything I have ever witnessed but it made a late injury time winner all the sweeter.

Agreed, but credit to Atkinson for adding on another minute in stoppage time.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2020, 11:14:18 PM »
Atkinson is the sh*thouse who did nothing to stop Bournemouth from time-wasting from ten minutes in last August!

How do repeat offenders like him keep their jobs?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2020, 10:53:36 PM »
I can see time-wasting being targeted in the next tech change after VAR. A clock counting the decimals in real time shows up on the big screen and once it gets to 10 seconds a klaxon sounds with a frowning Usain Bolt and a speech bubble saying something like "That's an unacceptable time. FREE KICK TO OPPOSITION!"

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2020, 11:49:29 PM »
Good idea!

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 10:01:50 AM »
I can see time-wasting being targeted in the next tech change after VAR. A clock counting the decimals in real time shows up on the big screen and once it gets to 10 seconds a klaxon sounds with a frowning Usain Bolt and a speech bubble saying something like "That's an unacceptable time. FREE KICK TO OPPOSITION!"

VAR could also introduce a big red coloured hook which descends onto the pitch and picks up and removes persistent offenders.
Also, how about some sort of machine that comes down and grabs players and puts tape round their mouth if they are answering back the ref ?
All done while play continues. No unnecessary hold ups in the flow of the game and fantastic theatre for the fans.
I'm staring to warm to VAR, the possibilities are endless.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 10:04:22 AM by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal