collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39713 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #360 on: January 23, 2020, 07:29:56 PM »

Offline Damo70

« Reply #361 on: January 23, 2020, 07:50:18 PM »
A week or so ago we get humiliated by Man City, that could have crushed us and sent us on a spiral. There’s a long way to go, but the fact that we can come back from that, get a credible point at one of our relegation rivals and beat another without a bloody centre forward, says everything about the team spirit amongst this group. The quality may not always be there, the confidence will not always be there, it’s still a long way to go to stay up, but I believe this lot are well up the scrap, let’s get behind them for the rest of the season.

Yes, I have found the Villa players in the last two or three years to be very likeable and decent.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #362 on: January 23, 2020, 08:08:59 PM »
A week or so ago we get humiliated by Man City, that could have crushed us and sent us on a spiral. There’s a long way to go, but the fact that we can come back from that, get a credible point at one of our relegation rivals and beat another without a bloody centre forward, says everything about the team spirit amongst this group. The quality may not always be there, the confidence will not always be there, it’s still a long way to go to stay up, but I believe this lot are well up the scrap, let’s get behind them for the rest of the season.
That's a far too reasonable suggestion ......it will never catch on :) certainly not amongst old gits like me who come on here for a moan and to get away from day time TV ;)
Good idea though ...UTV

That post actually used up all my daily goodwill, back to normal Middle Aged grumpiness now 😂 UTV

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #363 on: January 24, 2020, 02:44:47 AM »
in fairness, it’s been there for a lot of the time I’ve watched us this season. We just seem to lose our way at times. City at home and Watford away being prime examples. It did look for a time that Deano had lost the dressing room, but the players seemingly have answered that question now. I love Villa, you can’t expect the players to really get it the same way as we do, though some of them do seem to- Jack, Chester, McGinn and Mings, of note. Most of us can take a beating or two now and then, we just want to feel that the players have given everything.

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #364 on: January 29, 2020, 07:42:27 PM »
Fantastic end to the game and fitting that the only sie wanting to play football won it.

So many improved performances from so many players, though we weren't in top form.

Didn't even know it was Tyrone's goal until I got home.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal