collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread  (Read 39701 times)

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Watford Post Match Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2020, 10:44:48 PM »
Can't stand Deeney. He loves playing us, seems almost nailed on to score, so to get the win and rub it in the fuckers face feels especially pleasing and I really hope Watford go down, just because it'll mean Deeney goes down. They can come back up when he's retired and Pearson's pissed off too.

Quite honestly I’d like it even better if they went down, and we made Deeney offer he couldn’t refuse.
That would be a great combination of getting a great player, and being really funny.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #121 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:05 PM »
Fucking YAS.

It was hardly a scintillating performance, but we showed great character and fight, and deserved to win.

And Watford are a nasty, horrible, cheating bunch of bastards all versed in the dark arts from goalkeeper to centre-forward. The referee was hopelessly out of his depth and should be struck off for not booking anyone for time-wasting.

But in the end their time-wasting allowed just enough time for us to score and watch them kick off sadly with sadness in their stupid sad eyes.

Fucking YAS.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #122 on: January 21, 2020, 10:46:02 PM »
I was at a meeting tonight so I'm watching now. I am sorry I couldn't be on the match thread to wet my pants with you all. Just starting the second half now. Knowing the final score makes it easier to watch. UTV!

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #123 on: January 21, 2020, 10:46:15 PM »
The bench went mad!!  Good to see.
Definitely. It shows great team spirit which we are going to need in the coming games.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #124 on: January 21, 2020, 10:46:38 PM »
Only saw the first half and the last five mins as had to go out, but then had the stream on my phone on the way back.  Nearly made my mate crash the car I shouted that loud when we scored. 

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #125 on: January 21, 2020, 10:47:55 PM »
Only saw the first half and the last five mins as had to go out, but then had the stream on my phone on the way back.  Nearly made my mate crash the car I shouted that loud when we scored. 

I turned off with a couple of minutes left and set about downloading Curb Your Enthusiasm to watch with the Mrs.

Casually looked at the match thread 'knowing' it was over, only to see SCORCHIOOOO going on.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2020, 10:48:00 PM »
We were poor for 60 mins, better but not great for 34 and brilliant for 1. We’ll take it. UTFV.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2020, 10:49:58 PM »
Just fucking WOW! Fantastic night with Villa Park rocking under the lights. The noise when that winner went in was just phenomenal. Brilliant at the end as 38,000 people chanted 'Deeney, Deeny, what's the score?' Serves him right for doing the same as that scrote Vardy giving it the Billy Big Bollocks in front of the Holte after scoring. Great as well that we scored with the last kick of the game with all the time added on for their incessant time wasting. Still buzzing!

Offline phantom limb

• GM : 05.02.2021
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2020, 10:50:28 PM »
Holy shit, the end of that game was crazy! We bloody deserved it as well.

As others have mentioned, Watford must have been watching Pulis-era Stoke DVDs all week, what a bunch of shithouses. If I’d have been a neutral watching this I’d have been glad they lost as well. Their time wasting was absolutely excruciating, and Atkinson just kept letting them do it.

Anyway, fuck em, that’s a great result and badly needed. Let’s kick on!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #129 on: January 21, 2020, 10:51:08 PM »
Gritty win but that will be huge end of the season.

We struggled for most of that simply not to having anyone to play off in the final third, you really miss proper strikers in games like this.

Watford did nothing for the first 40 minutes but time waste. They then scored a decent goal, missed another good chance and then after that double Reina save did nothing but time waste for the last 40 minutes aswell.

We do have a good knack of winning the home games we need to.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2020, 10:51:54 PM »
Nathan Redmond when Watford were awarded a goal kick

Natan Redmond when they actually took the goal kick

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2020, 10:54:23 PM »
haha that's so accurate. I just assumed Foster was going to get booked right at the end like all keepers do. Thought they'd be more than four minutes added on as he took that long on all the goal kicks alone.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2020, 10:55:20 PM »
That's some good work, PWS. 😁

Offline Taylor

« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2020, 10:55:24 PM »
Let’s not forget. Watford were the in form team, they were unbeaten in six I think.

Online wince

« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2020, 10:56:54 PM »
Oh and to all you negative H&V match thread posters, I am so glad your doom and gloom didn’t drag the team down 🤔

Indeed I wish some of the posters on there have a read through and have a long hard look at themselves. Bed wetters. Embarrassing.

Oh what a wonderful better fan you are. Where do you live so I can camp on your front garden just to be near to you. Can I have a lock of your hair?

Come on lads. It’s been a shit season and this win isn’t a fix for the problems but a massive win nonetheless. Can’t we all have a word with ourselves and unite in the victory as we are all villa fans at the end of the day and want the best for our team. So up the villa vtid and keep climbing that table away from relegation. Fighting amongst ourselves is the symptom of our desire for the club to be doing better. But let’s just revel in the victory and enjoy it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal