collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Watford pre-match thread  (Read 15301 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs Watford pre-match thread
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2020, 09:57:35 PM »
It's not on telly.

This could be the new "why didn't Barry take the penalty"?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2020, 10:06:38 PM »
Just watched the shit show of this fixture from March ‘87 with 12,000 odd there, Falco for them, Steve Hunt for us. Think that’s about the best we’re gonna get. Similarities - it was a night game, they had an horrible No 9 who always seemed to score against us, we had no strikers - well Stainrod and Andy Gray a second time around.

Come on Villa. 2-0 please.

I was at that game too. Ironically it was the middle of 3 home games in a row and we really need to win all of them to have a chance of staying up. Beat Cov in the first game (Birchie), drew with Watford, a few days later drew 0-0 with Man City in a dour rain soaked game at VP, relegated a month later. Hopefully it’ll different tomorrow. We actually had some good players then but no one imo as inspiring as Grealish.

As has been said they’ll be up for the scrap and we have to match their desire and physicality first and foremost.

I largely agree with Ads side, though 3 games in 10 days might be too much for Drinkwater, so think Nakamba may start with Luiz. Would give the kid a go as well. Really like Hause, but struggled a bit with possession, wonder if it’s worth giving Chester a go as the centre of a three with Konsa and Mings?? No Elmo or Taylor please !

Think villa park has been a bit muted for a couple of months, Liverpool in the league was maybe the last time it was rocking..let’s get it going down there tomorrow

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2020, 10:07:12 PM »
Reina

Hause
Mings
Konsa

Targett
Douglas
Drinkwater
Guilbert

Grealish
El Ghazi

Indiana

I know that's the likely team but would that be three games in 10 days for Drinky? After his long stint of inactivity I think he would be at huge risk of a muscle injury. We might be best off trying Grealish up front and maybe bring Hourihane in for his set piece threat. The game is far too early for Indiana, think he would be eaten alive by the Watford defence if he started.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2020, 11:19:00 PM »
I know that's the likely team but would that be three games in 10 days for Drinky? After his long stint of inactivity I think he would be at huge risk of a muscle injury.

Yep, agree, especially having witnessed the 90 minutes of inactivity from 3pm on Saturday.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #64 on: January 21, 2020, 06:55:30 AM »
We need to have battlers on the pitch tonight, because these are a big, strong team and will be dangerous from free kicks and corners.

Hoping we win - but think it will be another draw 1-1

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #65 on: January 21, 2020, 08:17:12 AM »
Come on Villa 3 points tonight please! As a team and as fans we need to treat this game like it's a derby because of who's playing for them up front. Their fans sing a song about his hatred for us. He behaved like a pr-ck at vicarage road recently with his goading of Jack. If we take the lead tonight he'll still behave like a pr-ck but maybe like one who could talk himself into a red card with our help. Our support could make a huge difference tonight. Let's get the result and move on! UTV!

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2020, 08:27:23 AM »
Big day. Big game. Very nervous.

Not sure if I would take a point, we desperately need 3, but Watford are very dangerous under Pearson.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2020, 09:06:45 AM »
2-1 after getting into a comfortable 2-0 lead and then a nervous as fuck last 20 minutes.

Onwards and upwards.

Offline postal

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2020, 09:37:42 AM »
A nice 30yard screamer from Douglas early on would be nice, as would something positive happening from our corners.

Offline levico

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »
Can’t help but think that Watford’s aggression both on the pitch and in their coach will be too much for us tonight. I think we are there to be bullied.

If Indiana plays I wish him well but to me that’s failure by management that he has to be there in the first place.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2020, 10:17:04 AM »
Get our fittest attacking mid to run around like a twat until exhaustion, pressuring their defence into making mistakes and creating space for Grealish.  Then swap at half time for Vassilev to do the same for 45 minutes to exhaustion.

Management is easy.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2020, 11:12:01 AM »
Bookies have this closer than the Brighton match and they fkd up last time thankfully. For this one it’s Watford $2.40, Villa $2.80 and a draw $3.30. I’m hoping for a Villa win, whether it happens, we’ll see. Probably watch it on the train to work. Sucks cos if we win, I’ll be buzzing, if we lose just puts a downer on the day. And we lose more than we win these days. 3 pts would be most welcome. Come on Villa!

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2020, 11:20:26 AM »
Bookies have this closer than the Brighton match and they fkd up last time thankfully. For this one it’s Watford $2.40, Villa $2.80 and a draw $3.30. I’m hoping for a Villa win, whether it happens, we’ll see. Probably watch it on the train to work. Sucks cos if we win, I’ll be buzzing, if we lose just puts a downer on the day. And we lose more than we win these days. 3 pts would be most welcome. Come on Villa!

I have no idea what this means.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2020, 11:36:29 AM »
Think Watford will come expecting to win tonight, with their recent form and Pearson motivating them. Stating the obvious but a fast aggressive start essential for us tonight, we need to dent their confidence fairly enough. Tough, nervy night coming up, developing an irrational dislike of Pearson and Watford, a win will sort out my rationality.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2020, 12:19:20 PM »
492 tickets left for this, so it should still be 40,000 plus which I think is some going.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal