collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

Recent Topics

October 20, 2020, 12:29:57 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 909 | Comments: 14

[url=https://ibb.co/Wxcn...
October 14, 2020, 03:30:23 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 539 | Comments: 3

In December 1950 the directors...
October 05, 2020, 12:24:02 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 1382 | Comments: 7

[url=https://ibb.c...
October 04, 2020, 12:05:19 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 567 | Comments: 4

All the machinations at the fo...
October 02, 2020, 04:50:53 PM by dave.woodhall | Views: 544 | Comments: 0

Thereís an old saying, O...

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 68408 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 06.07.2021
Re: Mbwana Samatta. Signed. Puns still banned.
« Reply #825 on: September 24, 2020, 09:29:50 AM »
Patently not good enough.

WTF was Suso thinking?

Prior to lockdown I thought he seemed to be doing ok but after the restart he just did not seem up to it.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #826 on: September 24, 2020, 09:31:52 AM »
I have no problem with him being sold, there doesn't look much there but I am fearful of going into the season short of goals again.
Totally agree I thought we needed a great signing to compete with our current crop and we got that but if he goes surely we need another dynamic 9 and not rely on wingers scoring !?!? Curious if weíre left shirt again

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2021
« Reply #827 on: September 24, 2020, 10:02:22 AM »
I know we need to trim the squad, but unless there's another striker up our sleeve then I'd prefer to keep him until at least Wes' return.

To be fair he looked bight when he first joined and judgng a player new to the country on 10 games after a 3 month lockdown is pretty harsh.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #828 on: September 24, 2020, 11:00:32 AM »
There are truly insane Samatta fans out there on Facebook, the same ones (presumably from his native country) who flooded our pages when we signed him and absolutely gushing over him - and now they are to a man offended and full of insults because we look like off loading him. One nonsense remark I read is how he saved our season. Yeah. Right. Ok.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #829 on: September 24, 2020, 11:04:29 AM »
Well to be fair he's saved this season. Smith wouldn't have bought a striker if he hadn't have stunk the place out.

Offline in exile

• GM : 10.07.2021
« Reply #830 on: September 24, 2020, 11:45:56 AM »
If he goes out on loan or we sell him, can we start posting puns?

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #831 on: September 24, 2020, 11:53:12 AM »
There are truly insane Samatta fans out there on Facebook, the same ones (presumably from his native country) who flooded our pages when we signed him and absolutely gushing over him - and now they are to a man offended and full of insults because we look like off loading him. One nonsense remark I read is how he saved our season. Yeah. Right. Ok.

I don't know where we'd be without those two goals he scored in games we lost.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #832 on: September 24, 2020, 11:56:39 AM »
He started well and tailed off very quickly. He canít be shit given his history and the goal in the cup final shows he has ability. But sometimes it doesnít work. I hope he is a resounding success in Turkey and we are watching his be a success again in European competition. Good luck to him but it is best if we move on.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #833 on: September 24, 2020, 12:45:20 PM »
I know we need to trim the squad, but unless there's another striker up our sleeve then I'd prefer to keep him until at least Wes' return.

Traore played as a central striker for Lyon for a bit didnít he? Maybe he would be the back up option.

The problem we have with moving players on is that most of the ones we would be happiest to see leave (Lansbury, Jota etc) probably donít have anywhere near the interest as players like Samatta and Guilbert, who, while they would be more useful squad players, would enable us to generate some money by selling/loaning them.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
« Reply #834 on: September 24, 2020, 12:48:15 PM »

I don't know where we'd be without those two goals he scored in games we lost.

Haha. His fans are beyond irritating. For a short period there were a number of them attacking Grealish on every twitter post for not passing. Bizarre.

He didn't pass to your precious Samagoal because he was pretty shit.

But good luck to him. If it's a loan, I hope he fires them in, comes back, and actually does something constructive.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 26.01.2021
« Reply #835 on: September 24, 2020, 01:02:00 PM »

Online algy

« Reply #836 on: September 24, 2020, 01:05:02 PM »

Traore played as a central striker for Lyon for a bit didnít he? Maybe he would be the back up option.

The problem we have with moving players on is that most of the ones we would be happiest to see leave (Lansbury, Jota etc) probably donít have anywhere near the interest as players like Samatta and Guilbert, who, while they would be more useful squad players, would enable us to generate some money by selling/loaning them.
This.  Absolutely this.

Personally, I'm quite comfortable with going in to this season with Watkins, Davies, Traore, and Wesley as our central striker options, then Grealish, Traore (again), Watkins (again), AEG, and Trez playing out wide.  That's 7 forward players, which is about the right proportion for a squad of 25.  If we bring in another then it'll be a case of shifting one of those (probably AEG or Trez) out too, before they get to a point when we can't sell them for love nor money.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
« Reply #837 on: September 24, 2020, 01:08:10 PM »
Nice guy, works hard and started well before fading fast.He is definitely on the list of players we can easily live without. I would hope that this allows us to bring in another forward soon as we will be very short on numbers up front again. Don't want to end up like last season with no striker if we pick up injuries.

Should score goals in that league, which is on par with Belgium league football.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #838 on: September 24, 2020, 02:00:39 PM »

If we bring in another then it'll be a case of shifting one of those (probably AEG or Trez) out too, before they get to a point when we can't sell them for love nor money.

We'd get money for Trez but we'd probably have to raffle AEG.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #839 on: September 24, 2020, 02:11:48 PM »

If we bring in another then it'll be a case of shifting one of those (probably AEG or Trez) out too, before they get to a point when we can't sell them for love nor money.

We'd get money for Trez but we'd probably have to raffle AEG.

I'd rather stick a fiver in for our local's meat raffle!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal