collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: The League Cup Final Thread by BC54 VFC
[Today at 12:36:35 AM]

Re: Guess The Crowd 13; Villa v Tottenham Sunday 16th February! by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 12:36:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Spurs Post Match Thread by Drummond
[Today at 12:29:36 AM]

Re: VAR by ChicagoLion
[Today at 12:03:23 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Spurs Post Match Thread by robbo1874
[Today at 12:01:07 AM]

Lower Holte row z by Madferret62
[February 16, 2020, 11:54:54 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Spurs Post Match Thread by pooligan
[February 16, 2020, 11:51:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by Toronto Villa
[February 16, 2020, 11:38:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Signed. Puns still banned.  (Read 37136 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : 02.01.2021
Re: Mbwana Samatta. Signed. Puns still banned.
« Reply #450 on: January 24, 2020, 11:47:19 AM »
Unattached players train with professional clubs all the time, in just the last couple of years we have had, that has been public knowledge, Collins and Samba doing that. That this is during a transfer makes it slightly different but I doubt there are any insurance related issues.

Neither of them required a work permit, though.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #451 on: January 24, 2020, 12:40:08 PM »
Unattached players train with professional clubs all the time, in just the last couple of years we have had, that has been public knowledge, Collins and Samba doing that. That this is during a transfer makes it slightly different but I doubt there are any insurance related issues.

Neither of them required a work permit, though.

Which would be a bigger issue than insurance, that's the thing I was dismissing.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #452 on: January 24, 2020, 12:59:19 PM »
Now I'm more confused. So just before the paperwork is completed for your new 15million pound striker, he brakes a leg in one of your training sessions. Are you still going to pay 15m or send him back to his contracted club ? I know this is an extreme example, but this is why a player will not be training with his new club until all the paperwork is completed.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #453 on: January 24, 2020, 01:05:44 PM »
I think Emiliano Sala is most extreme example of 'meeting up' with a new club before the paperwork is completed.   

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #454 on: January 24, 2020, 01:14:31 PM »
I somehow can't imagine us - having finally signed a striker in the middle of striking crisis and a busy period of crucial games - saying "no sorry you can't go for a jog around Bodymoor with your new teammates, your work permit hasn't come through. Best head back to the hotel and sit there for a few days, we'll be in touch."

Offline markeeeebeeee2005

« Reply #455 on: January 24, 2020, 01:20:37 PM »
I somehow can't imagine us - having finally signed a striker in the middle of striking crisis and a busy period of crucial games - saying "no sorry you can't go for a jog around Bodymoor with your new teammates, your work permit hasn't come through. Best head back to the hotel and sit there for a few days, we'll be in touch."

Why canít you imagine that?

These are multi million pound businesses, not the kind of Sunday league kick abouts you or I might get involved in. I would think they are doing it all exactly as they should be and wouldnít risk even an ankle twist on a Ďjogí before all the iís are dotted and tís crossed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #456 on: January 24, 2020, 01:54:51 PM »

Youíre just plain wrong on this. Best let it go.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #457 on: January 24, 2020, 02:15:56 PM »

Here's an image of Douglas Luiz - who could never get a work permit for Manchester City - playing football for Manchester City:

But a lad can't have a run around Bodymoor unless he's got a work permit.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #458 on: January 24, 2020, 02:31:52 PM »

Here's an image of Douglas Luiz - who could never get a work permit for Manchester City - playing football for Manchester City:

That game took place in the U.S.A.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #459 on: January 24, 2020, 02:37:38 PM »
Dougy looks like he's trying to use Ribery's arm as a guitar.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #460 on: January 24, 2020, 03:00:23 PM »
In recent times we have had the transfer of a goalkeeper blocked by a woman abusing her power to advantage her own club, we have been denied the services of a player because his front gates jammed and we lost a legally signed player because his tea was on the table.  Nothing about player movements surprises me any more.

Offline Risso

• GM : 13.02.2020
« Reply #461 on: January 24, 2020, 10:48:46 PM »

That game took place in the U.S.A.

Beat me to it.

"Sources say that Luiz was hugely impressive in training and friendlies against Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich on the preseason tour to the United States.
Guardiola had earmarked him to be part of his squad as he was short of options in the holding midfield role after top summer target Jorginho opted to join Chelsea.
But rules on work permits were changed in 2015 to ensure that only the most talented non-European Union players met strict criteria and he was not a full international, which did not help his case.
Guardiola and Brazil coach Tite even sent detailed videos to the UK Home Office explaining why Luiz would be important to his side but the application was turned down.
The City boss feels it was particularly tough for Luiz to not have the opportunity to train with his team-mates in Manchester and to have the chance to show whether he was good enough."

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #462 on: January 25, 2020, 01:12:33 PM »

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #463 on: January 25, 2020, 01:27:25 PM »
The character Coriander in Coe's Brexit novel is a spoilt little bitch so I don't blame Terry nor O'Kelly for disliking her.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #464 on: January 25, 2020, 01:41:21 PM »
The character Coriander in Coe's Brexit novel is a spoilt little bitch so I don't blame Terry nor O'Kelly for disliking her.

I've just finished that. Is Samatta anti-coriander? It can overpower other ingredients. He has a point.