collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 03:18:52 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:16:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 03:07:56 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by LeeB
[Today at 03:00:41 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Risso
[Today at 02:58:06 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Monty
[Today at 02:54:11 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by LeeB
[Today at 02:51:15 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Astnor
[Today at 02:46:26 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mbwana Samatta. Sold. Puns still banned.  (Read 121646 times)

Offline mike

Re: Mbwana Samatta. Puns banned.
« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2020, 10:18:19 PM »
How things have changed, DS now being mocked for mentioning modern coaching methods that he was praised to the rafters for understanding only 12 months ago.

I don’t think he’s being mocked for mentioning modern methods. I think the suggestion is that the traps seem not to be working too well. 

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2020, 10:25:19 PM »
How things have changed, DS now being mocked for mentioning modern coaching methods that he was praised to the rafters for understanding only 12 months ago.

I don’t think he’s being mocked for mentioning modern methods. I think the suggestion is that the traps seem not to be working too well. 

I think he was being mocked.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2020, 10:27:02 PM »
Smith isn’t sure he will be available for Tuesday.

Suso/Purslow don’t come out of this lack of striker episode very well at all.
Does Smith know his arse from his elbow?? Communication within the club seems poor at the minute .....why on earth wasn't a work permit sorted at the start of the window?
Purslow appears to have gone shy all of a sudden leaving Smith as his stool pigeon

Smith sorts the work permits out?! No wonder the team looks so out of joint. Between recruitment, admin and the stitching on the badge I doubt he gets more than half an hour a week with them.
Where have I suggested Smith is responsible for work permits? I am Sure he is more than busy enough setting traps and picking up the cones and bibs ;)
Smith isn’t sure he will be available for Tuesday.

Suso/Purslow don’t come out of this lack of striker episode very well at all.
Does Smith know his arse from his elbow?? Communication within the club seems poor at the minute .....why on earth wasn't a work permit sorted at the start of the window?
Purslow appears to have gone shy all of a sudden leaving Smith as his stool pigeon

Smith sorts the work permits out?! No wonder the team looks so out of joint. Between recruitment, admin and the stitching on the badge I doubt he gets more than half an hour a week with them.

Where have I suggested Smith is responsible for work permits?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #153 on: January 18, 2020, 10:29:16 PM »
Why would you be sorting a work permit for a player two weeks before you're even being linked with him?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2020, 10:38:59 PM »
It's an absolute disgrace we didn't sort this work permit years ago. Smith out. Suso out. Owners out. All out.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2020, 10:53:35 PM »
Why would you be sorting a work permit for a player two weeks before you're even being linked with him?
I think it's called forward planning ......unless Suso or Smith have only just pulled Samattas` name out of a hat this last two weeks

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »
I think it's called forward planning ......unless Suso or Smith have only just pulled Samattas` name out of a hat this last two weeks

Or unless you can't apply for a work permit for a player, or any other employee, until you've made a firm job offer? Which happened, I understand, on Friday.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2020, 10:57:42 PM »
Can you get a work permit application in for a player you are thinking of maybe signing?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2020, 10:59:22 PM »
Maybe he wasn't our first choice, or second. Maybe his club were messing us around. Maybe he was. There's a number of things that could have led to us only signing him now.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2020, 11:19:56 PM »
Maybe he wasn't our first choice, or second. Maybe his club were messing us around. Maybe he was. There's a number of things that could have led to us only signing him now.
Fair comment PWS .... I accept that the January Transfer window Is notoriously a difficult time to bring in the calibre of players wanted but we have known since August/September That we were light in the strikers department and I would of thought that Suso would have been earning his salary in identifying targets ready for the opening of the window ....all very frustrating for the club and fans

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2020, 11:32:08 PM »
I suspect if "we" get him a work permit, then suddenly he could sign for anyone , precedent having been set?

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #161 on: January 18, 2020, 11:48:11 PM »
January is a miserable time to get players. I don’t have an issue with how this has been handled as I’m sure no club wants to sell their best players. And this lad appears to be one of their best players.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #162 on: January 18, 2020, 11:52:53 PM »
Fair comment PWS .... I accept that the January Transfer window Is notoriously a difficult time to bring in the calibre of players wanted but we have known since August/September That we were light in the strikers department and I would of thought that Suso would have been earning his salary in identifying targets ready for the opening of the window ....all very frustrating for the club and fans

Until the 1st of January we had a striker who, whilst not playing as well as we might have hoped, was doing ok which meant a backup/competition for him was important but not desperate.

Online Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #163 on: January 19, 2020, 12:21:08 AM »

Until the 1st of January we had a striker who, whilst not playing as well as we might have hoped, was doing ok which meant a backup/competition for him was important but not desperate.

Was important but not desperate, really? I think what with Kodjia not been fancied all season and Davis’ innocuous injury keeping him out for the last how many months the lack of an alternative has been to the detriment of Wesley and the team as a whole.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #164 on: January 19, 2020, 12:23:42 AM »

Was important but not desperate, really? I think what with Kodjia not been fancied all season and Davis’ innocuous injury keeping him out for the last how many months the lack of an alternative has been to the detriment of Wesley and the team as a whole.
It’s been apparent for months that Wes was struggling,, so there was every reason to treat the matter with some urgency.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal