collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brighton vs Aston Villa pre match thread - Jan 18th - 3pm  (Read 12212 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Brighton vs Aston Villa pre match thread - Jan 18th - 3pm
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2020, 11:11:06 AM »
I'm hoping for a win and a good performance. That's my best hope.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2020, 11:33:54 AM »
Targett and Guilbert as wingbacks will make the formation work a hell of alot better than Elmo and Taylor.

still dont get why freddie was dropped last sunday

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2020, 11:45:33 AM »
Targetts in the training photos so hopefully that means he's fit. I appreciate people think hes been dissapointing but having Targett and Guilbert as wingbacks will make the formation work a hell of alot better than Elmo and Taylor.

This 100% re the full backs.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2020, 11:54:56 AM »
Targett and Guilbert as wingbacks will make the formation work a hell of alot better than Elmo and Taylor.

still dont get why freddie was dropped last sunday

I would definitely start Freddie against Brighton.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2020, 01:04:54 PM »
Really not confident about tomorrow. Can’t see us winning without a striker and have to admit to being massively disappointed that we appear to be going into two huge games without one.

It wouldn’t be so bad if we ever looked like nicking a goal from a set piece but that’s just not the case (still no headed goals this season? ridiculous).

And Maupay scoring feels as inevitable as Deeney at Watford.

Would snatch your hand off for a draw.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »
Brighton fans reckon it's their biggest game of the season. I hope our players think likewise.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »
We have got to win, we have got to win. So I have gone for a draw which doesn’t really help us

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2020, 05:56:14 PM »
Really not confident about tomorrow. Can’t see us winning without a striker and have to admit to being massively disappointed that we appear to be going into two huge games without one.

It wouldn’t be so bad if we ever looked like nicking a goal from a set piece but that’s just not the case (still no headed goals this season? ridiculous).

And Maupay scoring feels as inevitable as Deeney at Watford.

Would snatch your hand off for a draw.

Agree completely. To be going into these crucial games, against teams around us, with no striker is unforgivable. It will cost us crucial points and by the time it's sorted, it's going to be too late. 

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2020, 06:00:23 PM »
Targetts in the training photos so hopefully that means he's fit. I appreciate people think hes been dissapointing but having Targett and Guilbert as wingbacks will make the formation work a hell of alot better than Elmo and Taylor.

Agree with this. Targett offers more going forward, though he's the best of a bad job !

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2020, 06:24:10 PM »

Agree with this. Targett offers more going forward, though he's the best of a bad job !

He is very vulnerable defensively as part of a four. However hopefully the addition of an extra central defender will offer him more protection.

A 5 with Guilbert and  Targett as wingbacks and with Konsa, Mings and Hause looks pretty decent to me.

It absolutely has to be Targett and Guilbert though. No pissing about with Taylor and Elmo.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2020, 06:37:59 PM »
Like every game it's a tough one at this level, but I reckon 1-1.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2020, 08:07:08 PM »
I'm going for a Villa win, we just can't keep losing games and expect to survive in this league, it simply doesn't work like that, difficult to predict a score because its equally difficult to see where the goals are coming from.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2020, 08:11:24 PM »
Absolutely no chance we will win a game against a defensively sound side with no Striker on the pitch. Ludicrous gamble that is going to cost us big time and heads should roll over it at the end of the season when the dust has settled. These next 3 games are pivotal and we are going in to them short.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2020, 08:17:02 PM »
Absolutely no chance we will win a game against a defensively sound side with no Striker on the pitch. Ludicrous gamble that is going to cost us big time and heads should roll over it at the end of the season when the dust has settled. These next 3 games are pivotal and we are going in to them short.

Next 3 games could see us going down looking at these games as a pivotal point in the season, almost, almost beyond sacking the manager as irrelevant. 

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2020, 08:19:36 PM »
Fear we're in trouble tomorrow. Dearly hope Jack can help dig us out... yet again. Fingers crossed, UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal