collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Smith out  (Read 55593 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
Re: Smith out
« Reply #990 on: January 18, 2020, 05:04:58 PM »
More bed wetting on here I see. Knee jerk as usual.

Twitter’s over there ——-> go and play with the other morons.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 17.02.2021
« Reply #991 on: January 18, 2020, 05:06:00 PM »
I don't get the perseverance from some fans to keep him. Have they not seen what utter shite his teams have spewed up?

Fair enough, you go with the flow if a manager shows promise, but do any of you TRUTHFULLY think that Dean Smith is going to turn us into a top six side? He didn't even get us promoted from the Championship, Jack Grealish did that.

Wow - Jack Grealish decided to bring back Steer, play Tuanzebe in his proper position and sign Mings? Who knew?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
« Reply #992 on: January 18, 2020, 05:06:24 PM »
He’s not doing very well. Tactically we’re a mess. Jack is keeping us from completely collapsing at the moment.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #993 on: January 18, 2020, 05:06:33 PM »
I don't get the perseverance from some fans to keep him. Have they not seen what utter shite his teams have spewed up?

Fair enough, you go with the flow if a manager shows promise, but do any of you TRUTHFULLY think that Dean Smith is going to turn us into a top six side? He didn't even get us promoted from the Championship, Jack Grealish did that.

Wow - Jack Grealish decided to bring back Steer, play Tuanzebe in his proper position and sign Mings? Who knew?

Ha!

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #994 on: January 18, 2020, 05:07:41 PM »
How about supporting instead of being negative. Beat Watford on tuesday and bournemouth in a couple of games time and things will look a whole lot better. When the going gets tough you need some faith.
Have you seen our performances this season? Why on earth do you think we're capable of beating them?!

Bournemouth maybe (as they're as shite as us at the mo), but no way we'll get anything out of the Watford game.  I'd have Pearson at Villa Park tomorrow!

Offline themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #995 on: January 18, 2020, 05:07:41 PM »
I think smith is very lucky to have managed us at the same time grealish became the player we knew he was. How many games has he now dragged us through, regardless of tactics and whatever shite is going on around him?

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #996 on: January 18, 2020, 05:15:18 PM »

None of those decisions were rocket science though were they? Our keepers were abysmal, and we were all shouting for Steer to come back into the fold, same with Tuanzebe moving to CB, and Mings, I'll give you that one, but with his injury history, could have been another Drinkwater.

We were shocking before Jack came back, and NONE of us thought we had a hope in hell of the playoffs - Smith just couldn't get us to function without him in the team. The Championship couldn't get near him, and I'd bet my life on us not getting half of those results without his performances in the tail half of last season.

Smith's just not very good. He's been shown up on tactics, training and signings this season when up against the big boys, and has shown a stubborness that he's not willing to learn from his mistakes.

We all have our own opinions and I respect that, and I do honestly hope he can turn it around, but based off what he's dished up this season (and last season without Grealish, because that's what he's going to have to contend with next season), I don't think he's got the answer.

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #997 on: January 18, 2020, 05:19:14 PM »

None of those decisions were rocket science though were they? Our keepers were abysmal, and we were all shouting for Steer to come back into the fold, same with Tuanzebe moving to CB, and Mings, I'll give you that one, but with his injury history, could have been another Drinkwater.

We were shocking before Jack came back, and NONE of us thought we had a hope in hell of the playoffs - Smith just couldn't get us to function without him in the team. The Championship couldn't get near him, and I'd bet my life on us not getting half of those results without his performances in the tail half of last season.

Smith's just not very good. He's been shown up on tactics, training and signings this season when up against the big boys, and has shown a stubborness that he's not willing to learn from his mistakes.

We all have our own opinions and I respect that, and I do honestly hope he can turn it around, but based off what he's dished up this season (and last season without Grealish, because that's what he's going to have to contend with next season), I don't think he's got the answer.

Well, if you're going to write off every positive decision he's made as 'not rocket science', credit everything else to Jack and hold your negative viewpoint of what the future holds as fact, then I can understand why you're left with a purely negative opinion, yes.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #998 on: January 18, 2020, 05:21:29 PM »
Confidence is rock bottom at the moment. Confidence is a massive factor in any sport.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #999 on: January 18, 2020, 05:23:02 PM »
Seriously don’t get it , july 18 we were bankrupt , jan 19 we were mid table in the championship.

Smith made mistakes but we still fighting and 3 points off 14th and in cup semi final and if we get 2 strikers as he trying to get we probably stay up .

Which is what we all hoped for , having lost 2 of his best 3 players .

Online Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #1000 on: January 18, 2020, 05:23:33 PM »
Smith made a great signing in Mings.  But playing Tuanzebe in his natural position isn't rocket science is it?  A bit like asking Alan Shearer to go and play centre forward.  Steer was a better keeper than the others last season and a new Manager is always going to make different decisions to freshen things up a little.  Jack absolutely DID pull our season round, no doubts about that whatsoever.  All that said, it's all about the here and now, not what happened lasts season, that's gone.

Online hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1001 on: January 18, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »
Well, if you're going to write off every positive decision he's made as 'not rocket science', credit everything else to Jack and hold your negative viewpoint of what the future holds as fact, then I can understand why you're left with a purely negative opinion, yes.
Smith's job last season was to get us up, which he did and it was fantastic.  But that's not his job anymore.  This season his job is to keep us up, and he's not doing it very well at all.

Offline SheffieldVillain

« Reply #1002 on: January 18, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »
Smith's job last season was to get us up, which he did and it was fantastic.  But that's not his job anymore.  This season his job is to keep us up, and he's not doing it very well at all.

Now do you want to put my quote in context?

The point I was arguing with was that he had no input into our promotion.

Online hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1003 on: January 18, 2020, 05:26:42 PM »

Now do you want to put my quote in context?
Not sure I follow you.  I'm just contributing, like everyone else.

Offline four fornicholl

« Reply #1004 on: January 18, 2020, 05:26:57 PM »
You can only piss with the cock you've got, so it's a keep this season. Two more decent signings and I hope we'll have enough. Prayer mat out.