collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Smith out  (Read 55589 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Smith out
« Reply #975 on: January 18, 2020, 04:07:13 PM »
Lose today and he can go for me. He's completely lost the plot and all his mistakes/poor decisions are coming to a head (whether or not he's responsible for all of them is open to debate to be fair). We're nailed on going down with Dean so we have to roll the dice to at least try to stay up.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #976 on: January 18, 2020, 04:09:36 PM »
He should've gone after the Watford no show. It would've at least given the new Manager the whole of January to bring his own players in. What have we done? An ageing keeper and Danny Drinkwater ffs. A disgrace!

Offline TonyD

« Reply #977 on: January 18, 2020, 04:09:38 PM »
Getting relegated again I can take.  Quite enjoyed the Championship.

The crime will be losing Jack.  That will be hard.

Online Villan82

« Reply #978 on: January 18, 2020, 04:11:48 PM »
The Championship was an utter humiliation. Getting turned over by the Brentfords of the footballing world and having part of our stand closed.

No thanks.

Offline Vill I An

« Reply #979 on: January 18, 2020, 04:12:16 PM »
Still backing him
If turnaround then others would support him too

Offline levico

« Reply #980 on: January 18, 2020, 04:12:32 PM »
I donít accept the argument that thereís no point in sacking him because of the apparent lack of viable alternatives. There are always options if you are ambitious enough.

Love what the owners have done but if they sit back and watch us go down without decisive action then theyíre not the excellent businessmen I thought they were.

Online Villan82

« Reply #981 on: January 18, 2020, 04:16:20 PM »
Maybe Purslow is too close to Smith? Is that the issue? He is too invested in the 'Smith project'?

Online wince

« Reply #982 on: January 18, 2020, 04:17:15 PM »
Still backing him
If turnaround then others would support him too

Still support him but his style is exactly this. We win or lose. A couple of draws would see us safer but it isnít working as he has no plan to grind the results we need

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #983 on: January 18, 2020, 04:27:19 PM »
If we lose today, and Dean gets the tap on the shoulder, I donít think he can moan.

Offline ez

« Reply #984 on: January 18, 2020, 04:59:15 PM »
Would getting rid of him actually make any difference? We look doomed at the moment.

Not now. Too late.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #985 on: January 18, 2020, 05:01:49 PM »
I'd like to say he's hanging in there by a thread, but with Jack saving his bacon and the fact that Purslow (mistakenly) backs him, he is staying.  Big week coming up with Watford on Tuesday and the continued transfer window.

Offline The_ads

« Reply #986 on: January 18, 2020, 05:02:58 PM »
More bed wetting on here I see. Knee jerk as usual.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #987 on: January 18, 2020, 05:03:43 PM »
I literally cannot believe all the talk on here of sacking smith mid match, especially when it was only 1-0 at the time. Even if Iím not at a game, like today, Iím totally fecking embroiled in it whether Iím listening to the radio or watching tv. That is a really decent point today, Weíre not cut adrift and that is a very decent point today, I think the anti smith brigade should just reign it in and support the bloody team till the end of the season.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #988 on: January 18, 2020, 05:03:53 PM »
I don't get the perseverance from some fans to keep him. Have they not seen what utter shite his teams have spewed up?

Fair enough, you go with the flow if a manager shows promise, but do any of you TRUTHFULLY think that Dean Smith is going to turn us into a top six side? He didn't even get us promoted from the Championship, Jack Grealish did that.

We should have said thankyou very much in December, and got a manager in with a bit of top level nouse. We're going down, and thanks to FFP, it doesn't matter one iota how much money our owners have.... cos they're not going to be able to spend a dime of it! We'll lose the handful of decent players we have, and we'll be down there for the long haul.   :(

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #989 on: January 18, 2020, 05:04:03 PM »
How about supporting instead of being negative. Beat Watford on tuesday and bournemouth in a couple of games time and things will look a whole lot better. When the going gets tough you need some faith.