collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Small Heath: The gift that keeps on giving by Damo70
[Today at 04:49:08 AM]

Re: Classic Villa games on Youtube. by Damo70
[Today at 04:44:54 AM]

Re: Boxing 2020 by dave.woodhall
[Today at 02:35:45 AM]

Re: How much will Coronavirus (COVID-19) impact Aston Villa's season? by ROBBO
[Today at 12:54:45 AM]

Re: MOTD by Vill I An
[March 28, 2020, 10:54:36 PM]

Re: The birth of English Football by Louzie0
[March 28, 2020, 10:50:02 PM]

Re: MOTD by Vill I An
[March 28, 2020, 10:49:31 PM]

Re: The birth of English Football by ChicagoLion
[March 28, 2020, 10:44:13 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Smith out  (Read 55240 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
Re: Smith out
« Reply #1020 on: January 18, 2020, 05:57:48 PM »
More bed wetting on here I see. Knee jerk as usual.

Oh do fuck off. Just what I imagined Villa to be. Second best to Brighton and a bit of magic away from another humiliating defeat. Thank you Dean. Thank you.

Offline exiled on the wirral!

« Reply #1021 on: January 18, 2020, 05:59:02 PM »
If we had the same points at the same stage as in last season's table we would be sitting 14th, 3 points clear of the bottom 3, Fulham were already 5 points from safety having only won 3 games. We are in a dog fight but we are still in there fighting and picking up points from teams around us. I wouldn't give up on Smith yet.

It's been a while since I wet the bed.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #1022 on: January 18, 2020, 06:01:16 PM »
Seriously donít get it , july 18 we were bankrupt , jan 19 we were mid table in the championship.

Smith made mistakes but we still fighting and 3 points off 14th and in cup semi final and if we get 2 strikers as he trying to get we probably stay up .

Which is what we all hoped for , having lost 2 of his best 3 players .

Spot on and same goes for SheffieldVillian. There are people on here who want smith to fail, who are delusional and believe we could draw someone like Poch here for a relegation battle, or would take a corrupt chancer like Allardyce and refuse to remember the shambles of sacking managers mid season last time we were up.

The same people were bemoaning smith for sticking stubbornly to 433 and then when heís changed to 352 or whatever itís still not good enough.

For these people smith had nothing to do with us getting promoted and everything to do with our struggles this season. It really is a load of old bollocks and I struggle to understand the tunnel vision on here.

Two things.  You are equally as intransigent with your own view that Dean Smith is Mr Wonderful as those on here who feel he needs to go, which I do as this is about the here and now and NOT last season.  Secondly, if you really don't like the tunnel vision, post elsewhere?  It is all about opinions, be more accepting of others opinions eh?

If it is all about opinions, surely he should be allowed to post that he really doesn't like the 'tunnel vision' without being told to post elsewhere?

For what it's worth, of course there are things that Smith could have done much better this season. Not believing that is as crazy as saying that he has made no positive contribution (which is the post I was disagreeing with earlier). I'm not yet at the Smith Out stage myself but can understand those that are.

I have no argument with you Sheffield as I respect the fact that our opinions differ.  But for me, it would be really helpful if people didn't come on here and use the word 'delusional'.  Pisses me off enormously as it is completely dismissive of other posters opinions.  Telling him to post elsewhere, gives him an option, rather than referring to other posters as delusional.  I appreciate that I am not a mod and call also post elsewhere, but I prefer to post here but don't wish to be described as a delusional poster, because I think Dean has been fairly awful this season.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1023 on: January 18, 2020, 06:01:52 PM »
Be nice. Please.

Offline ez

« Reply #1024 on: January 18, 2020, 06:02:01 PM »
Seriously donít get it , july 18 we were bankrupt , jan 19 we were mid table in the championship.

Smith made mistakes but we still fighting and 3 points off 14th and in cup semi final and if we get 2 strikers as he trying to get we probably stay up .

I think the owners are going with this opinion and Smith was always going to be unsackable this season.  We've just got to go with it and see what happens.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 17.02.2021
« Reply #1025 on: January 18, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »

Spot on and same goes for SheffieldVillian. There are people on here who want smith to fail, who are delusional and believe we could draw someone like Poch here for a relegation battle, or would take a corrupt chancer like Allardyce and refuse to remember the shambles of sacking managers mid season last time we were up.

The same people were bemoaning smith for sticking stubbornly to 433 and then when heís changed to 352 or whatever itís still not good enough.

For these people smith had nothing to do with us getting promoted and everything to do with our struggles this season. It really is a load of old bollocks and I struggle to understand the tunnel vision on here.

Two things.  You are equally as intransigent with your own view that Dean Smith is Mr Wonderful as those on here who feel he needs to go, which I do as this is about the here and now and NOT last season.  Secondly, if you really don't like the tunnel vision, post elsewhere?  It is all about opinions, be more accepting of others opinions eh?

If it is all about opinions, surely he should be allowed to post that he really doesn't like the 'tunnel vision' without being told to post elsewhere?

For what it's worth, of course there are things that Smith could have done much better this season. Not believing that is as crazy as saying that he has made no positive contribution (which is the post I was disagreeing with earlier). I'm not yet at the Smith Out stage myself but can understand those that are.

I have no argument with you Sheffield as I respect the fact that our opinions differ.  But for me, it would be really helpful if people didn't come on here and use the word 'delusional'.  Pisses me off enormously as it is completely dismissive of other posters opinions.  Telling him to post elsewhere, gives him an option, rather than referring to other posters as delusional.  I appreciate that I am not a mod and call also post elsewhere, but I prefer to post here but don't wish to be described as a delusional poster, because I think Dean has been fairly awful this season.

He didn't. He said posters who thought we could attract someone like Poch here for a relegtion battle were delusional. Which isn't an unfair point of view.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #1026 on: January 18, 2020, 06:04:24 PM »
Depends how you read it.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1027 on: January 18, 2020, 06:05:02 PM »

Oh do fuck off. Just what I imagined Villa to be. Second best to Brighton and a bit of magic away from another humiliating defeat. Thank you Dean. Thank you.

Thank you Dean? You do know we are playing with two wingers up front. We maybe got an undeserved draw but it's a point and it may be a much needed one come the end of the season.

Offline Ads

• GM : 26.03.2020
« Reply #1028 on: January 18, 2020, 06:05:52 PM »

We were the better side second half.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #1029 on: January 18, 2020, 06:07:39 PM »

*Less shite side   ;)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1030 on: January 18, 2020, 06:08:14 PM »

You won't be told again.

Offline frank black

« Reply #1031 on: January 18, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »

Totally with you on this, I just donít get this in/out thread at all. He has earned total respect and we are pretty much where a lot of us expected us to be. Yes mistakes have been made both on and off the pitch, but no one would expect it was going to be easy considering the amount of recruiting and injuries. Iím 100% behind Deano and hope others can rustle up some faith in him.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1032 on: January 18, 2020, 06:09:37 PM »

I thought that.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.01.2021
« Reply #1033 on: January 18, 2020, 06:10:05 PM »

Thank you Dean? You do know we are playing with two wingers up front. We maybe got an undeserved draw but it's a point and it may be a much needed one come the end of the season.

We were absolutely shocking in the first half. That had nothing to do with not having any forwards. We didnít win the ball, we didnít keep possession, we didnít close them down fast enough, we didnít even get any shots on goal to force a save. Thatís not good enough.

Yes of course this is a massive point, and thank fuck we have one of the very best players in the league playing for us. But we got lucky and maybe this provides a catapult to our game vs Watford. What I absolutely take exception to is some sycophant tell us we are bed wetting having just got a draw in a game we were mostly second best against the mighty Brighton.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #1034 on: January 18, 2020, 06:10:17 PM »
We can't afford to lose on Tues, Smith has to get this one right. Otherwise Watford will be 4 points ahead of us.