collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Smith out  (Read 56300 times)

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 15.03.2020
Re: Smith out
« Reply #1005 on: January 18, 2020, 05:33:47 PM »
I like Smith for what he did last season, and the hope he gave us once more, but he's been pretty shit this season. Today was painful to watch, devoid of any tactical knowhow...it was as bad as anything served up by cretins like Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Black, Bruce, Di Matteo, Houllier and McLeish.

An important week for him now. If he persists with such shit tactics, he's fucked.

I've wet my pants, and have even soaked through three nappies.  What else is there to do when we play so abysmally? 2/10 is how I'd score our team and manager this season.

Crap, Dean.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:35:55 PM by Axl Rose »

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1006 on: January 18, 2020, 05:34:28 PM »
Seriously don’t get it , july 18 we were bankrupt , jan 19 we were mid table in the championship.

Smith made mistakes but we still fighting and 3 points off 14th and in cup semi final and if we get 2 strikers as he trying to get we probably stay up .

Which is what we all hoped for , having lost 2 of his best 3 players .

Spot on and same goes for SheffieldVillian. There are people on here who want smith to fail, who are delusional and believe we could draw someone like Poch here for a relegation battle, or would take a corrupt chancer like Allardyce and refuse to remember the shambles of sacking managers mid season last time we were up.

The same people were bemoaning smith for sticking stubbornly to 433 and then when he’s changed to 352 or whatever it’s still not good enough.

For these people smith had nothing to do with us getting promoted and everything to do with our struggles this season. It really is a load of old bollocks and I struggle to understand the tunnel vision on here.

Offline Ads

• GM : 02.04.2021
« Reply #1007 on: January 18, 2020, 05:35:30 PM »
Hello?

Nobody here?

I’ll come back later.

Dont bother.

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #1008 on: January 18, 2020, 05:38:32 PM »
Seriously don’t get it , july 18 we were bankrupt , jan 19 we were mid table in the championship.

Smith made mistakes but we still fighting and 3 points off 14th and in cup semi final and if we get 2 strikers as he trying to get we probably stay up .

Spot on and same goes for SheffieldVillian. There are people on here who want smith to fail, who are delusional and believe we could draw someone like Poch here for a relegation battle, or would take a corrupt chancer like Allardyce and refuse to remember the shambles of sacking managers mid season last time we were up.

The same people were bemoaning smith for sticking stubbornly to 433 and then when he’s changed to 352 or whatever it’s still not good enough.

For these people smith had nothing to do with us getting promoted and everything to do with our struggles this season. It really is a load of old bollocks and I struggle to understand the tunnel vision on here.

Two things.  You are equally as intransigent with your own view that Dean Smith is Mr Wonderful as those on here who feel he needs to go, which I do as this is about the here and now and NOT last season.  Secondly, if you really don't like the tunnel vision, post elsewhere?  It is all about opinions, be more accepting of others opinions eh?

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
« Reply #1009 on: January 18, 2020, 05:40:03 PM »

Sorry that’s exactly the same as anyone who is blinkered to Smith doing anything right. The truth lies in the middle, but I think it’s clear he’s been making mistakes that need correcting. Not everything that goes wrong is his fault, but the manager is always going to be accountable either way.

Online themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #1010 on: January 18, 2020, 05:40:07 PM »
And people wanting smith to fail? What a load of shite.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 11.03.2021
« Reply #1011 on: January 18, 2020, 05:42:01 PM »
Yep. I think everyone wants Villa to be good, which too frequently in the last month or so we haven’t been. There are some mitigations, but equally there’s stuff we could have done much much better.

Offline passport1

• Underneath their clothes people are sheep
« Reply #1012 on: January 18, 2020, 05:44:25 PM »
I think some people ( me included) just don't think he is very good at this level.

Online SheffieldVillain

• GM : 17.02.2021
« Reply #1013 on: January 18, 2020, 05:46:12 PM »

Two things.  You are equally as intransigent with your own view that Dean Smith is Mr Wonderful as those on here who feel he needs to go, which I do as this is about the here and now and NOT last season.  Secondly, if you really don't like the tunnel vision, post elsewhere?  It is all about opinions, be more accepting of others opinions eh?

If it is all about opinions, surely he should be allowed to post that he really doesn't like the 'tunnel vision' without being told to post elsewhere?

For what it's worth, of course there are things that Smith could have done much better this season. Not believing that is as crazy as saying that he has made no positive contribution (which is the post I was disagreeing with earlier). I'm not yet at the Smith Out stage myself but can understand those that are.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 05:47:56 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #1014 on: January 18, 2020, 05:48:36 PM »
More bed wetting on here I see. Knee jerk as usual.

Twitter’s over there ——-> go and play with the other morons.

The Mods seemingly aren’t going to say it , so I will. Knock it off, both of you. No more ‘bed wetting’ comments and no more calling people morons because they disagree with you please.  We are all Villa fans, and it’s a discussion forum about our football team -we’re better than that. Sermon over.

Offline wince

« Reply #1015 on: January 18, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »
I can’t stand the nastiness between fans to be honest. We all want villa to do well. I would never want a manager to fail but it is clear that Smith is struggling to find the formula in keeping us stable. Yes 17th would be great. But is that all we can hope for? Brentford had the same tune out of Smith as we do. Today is the exception as we managed a draw but it is win or lose with little impact on the bench to make a difference but it is the entire coaching team. Something isn’t quite right at the moment. However do we risk going down again? Would we even come back up with ffp looming if we return? It isn’t bed wetting but serious concern that we cannot cope losing players. We should have back ups competent to play in those positions as injuries are inevitable no matter who you are. The second half today shows fight and some hope we will fight to get up the table but what if it doesn’t happen? I will back whatever manager we have to the hilt but it doesn’t mean if I don’t think they are suited that I’m a lesser fan. It’s more disappointment that the hope of the summer has fizzled into poor performances and daft decisions to not get a strike force. I hope Dean pulls us out of the mix as I genuinely like him and he has the makings of a cracking manager. But is it a gamble keeping him?
But can we at least play nice with each other on here? Just because I disagree with you doesn’t mean I dislike you.

Online themossman

• GM : 22.02.2021
« Reply #1016 on: January 18, 2020, 05:53:42 PM »
I don’t mind people disagreeing with me about smith, it’s all about views. People inferring other posters on here want villa to fail is patently ridiculous.

There are several scenarios from here. For me personally, the best is that smith turns it around and keeps us up. But I happen to think, based on recent performances, including today, that we’d have a better chance with a change of personnel. What about that suggests I want smith to fail?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1017 on: January 18, 2020, 05:54:56 PM »

The Mods seemingly aren’t going to say it , so I will. Knock it off, both of you. No more ‘bed wetting’ comments and no more calling people morons because they disagree with you please.  We are all Villa fans, and it’s a discussion forum about our football team -we’re better than that. Sermon over.

This mod would have said it if he'd seen it. Pack in the arseyness and namecalling.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1018 on: January 18, 2020, 05:56:28 PM »

A Mod will comment if need be when they actually see the post made. Be nice. Everyone.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Our FB Page
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1019 on: January 18, 2020, 05:57:40 PM »
Slight amendment made to poll on request. The option to change your vote is now there.