collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 1-0 Norwich City Post Match Thread  (Read 19650 times)

Online LukeJames

Re: Aston Villa 1-0 Norwich City Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2019, 05:06:39 PM »
The more I see of this team, the more I think what a load of shit we've bought in the summer with 1 exception.

Its looking that way. Trezeguet reminds me of Bjarnason, not in position or the way they play but in that hes looked monumentally shite from the moment we signed him. A few will relectuntantly try and see the good in him more so in hope than expectation but ive seen fuck all in him to suggest he's good enough for this level.

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2019, 05:07:20 PM »
Massive game again Saturday, Wet Spam playing Leicester & Bournemouth playing Brighton, a chance to at least climb out of the bottom 3 by the end of the year.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2019, 05:07:33 PM »
Massive relief to win, but not sure it is too much of a comfort at this point.  We are very close to a number of the teams above us, but looking at the table tonight I can't see us getting more points than any of them as it stands.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2019, 05:07:48 PM »
Watford look no mugs under Pearson. Unfortunately.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2019, 05:07:49 PM »
Kodjia must have pissed in smiths tea or something. There has to be a reason behind why he is given little or no opportunity to get on the pitch.

It's driving me fucking insane. And he got his chance the other day, albeit against Liverpool's kids, and did pretty much everything asked of him. He actually got fucked over at the end when Wes came on and scored. But I just do not for the life of me understand what he has to do to get a start over one of the worst and/or out of form forwards in the PL.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2019, 05:08:05 PM »
Wonderful goal line clearance from Douglas, who I thought played ok.  Hause, Heaton and Grealish were excellent.  Wesley ran hard with very little service particularly from the two completely anonymous wingers in El Ghazi and Trezeguet, really poor players indeed.  Our full backs are guff, Elmo was very wasteful.  Nakamba tried to control the ball in his own box again! 

One shot on target for us in the whole game.  Really poor performance and without incoming players we will be down.  Still in the bottom three but at least we stay in touch with the teams above us.  Papers over the cracks indeed.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2019, 05:09:29 PM »
Begs the question why was Hause overlooked for the last months, Heaton fantastic as was Grealish but we have some very poor players that are just not Prem standard and will get us relegated if not replaced.

Online Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2019, 05:09:42 PM »
Thank fuck for that.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2019, 05:10:37 PM »
Trezeguet and El Ghazi... Christ. You can afford one of those (player who has their moments but regularly does absolutely nothing) but not two.

We have by some distance the worst front three in the division

I wonder how far you could go down the Championship to find a worse front three.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2019, 05:10:43 PM »
Begs the question why was Hause overlooked for the last months, Heaton fantastic as was Grealish but we have some very poor players that are just not Prem standard and will get us relegated if not replaced.

As soon as Mings is back I'd be picking Hause over Targett every single time. He's so much better in every conceivable way. But you just know Hause will be on the bench and Targett kept as LB.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2019, 05:12:28 PM »
fuck me we aint good but we have Jack

thought Hause was great , Jack was king , Luis gets credit to keep us in the game with the clearance , Heaton is class.   

Targett 14 million ?  waste of money ..Trez fecking useless and I thought he was in that nations cup , El Ghazi championship player, Wesley worked hard , dont mean he is good.. Elmo another championship player .

conor will always get you a goal when you are shit.

3 pts , clean sheet ( god knows how)   and merry christmas :)

Summed up perfectly.

Online Toronto Villa

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
Trezeguet and El Ghazi... Christ. You can afford one of those (player who has their moments but regularly does absolutely nothing) but not two.

We have by some distance the worst front three in the division

I wonder how far you could go down the Championship to find a worse front three.

What I don't know entirely is if it's just the players and their ability or this reliance on two wingers versus a more compact 4-3-3 a bit like Liverpool. We are so spread out and Wesley is so isolated. I don't get why Dean Smith is so reluctant to change it.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #42 on: December 26, 2019, 05:13:19 PM »
Where was Guilbert?  Is he injured?

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #43 on: December 26, 2019, 05:13:26 PM »
Every attack was down Targetts wing the opposition know he's shit.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »
Christ that was a tough watch. Trez and El Ghazi woeful, least Wes run around a bit. Hourihane was good when he came on, Hause was very assured.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal