collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reaching for the star  (Read 5501 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Reaching for the star
« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2022, 06:42:11 AM »

I don’t disagree that we could do with more trophies but that perception is odd as Everton last won the league only 5 years after us in the 80s & last won a trophy a year before our last one.
I think Everton only have a more prestigious image in some people’s minds because they are seen alongside Liverpool, whereas we…..

I'd argue the opposite, I think Everton are firmly in the shadow of their neighbours and the other North West clubs, whereas we're by far the biggest club outside of the North West and London.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. I am saying Everton receive reflected glory from a neighbouring club who have been much more successful in our lifetime. We have only our own success to rely on for our reputation as there is no one in the region to drag us into the headlines alongside them. Neither us nor Everton have enough recent success to have a big reputation under our own steam.
How does that work for Small Heath.?

That is exactly my point. No reflected glory for us.
I am really struggling with your logic.
UTV

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2022, 09:47:32 AM »
Everton receive more attention because of the status of their neighbours, we receive less because of ours.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #62 on: December 23, 2022, 01:39:54 PM »
Everton receive more attention because of the status of their neighbours, we receive less because of ours.

And long may that continue, unless of course we want SH to become the new version of Liverpool of the last 60 years.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #63 on: December 23, 2022, 01:53:17 PM »
I think we receive less because we have been almost an irrelevance for over 10 years whilst Everton maintained their PL status.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal