collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Official facebook page  (Read 4844 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Official facebook page
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »
I'm not on Farcebook; never have been.
Looking at the crest makes me pine for references to 1874 and Prepared, to make it stand out from all the other crests with lions. Also, claret and blue would be nice.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2019, 04:50:14 PM »
I'm sure the majority of Facebook users have very rightwing, homophobic, racial and just generally hateful views. I have left so many groups and blocked so many people on there and try not to go on it al all.

looks mostly to be rightwing homophobia of the religious variety.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 05:07:22 PM »
Social media is a fucking cesspit.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 05:34:40 PM »
The reactions from so many to that badge is fucking depressing.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2019, 05:39:53 PM »
Social media is a fucking cesspit.
Social media is a superb delivery system for getting contemptible human beings into your home. 

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2019, 05:41:40 PM »
I've seen the club have updated the club crest to the pride colours which if you look has had somewhat of a negative reaction.... Quite worrying to see the club has some rather homophobic followers :-[

If it's OK for the PM......
oh FFS, just leave politics out of it.  Seriously its a fucking football forum.

This couldn't be more political, and I'm proud of the club doing what I believe is the right thing. For generations football clubs and indeed many other organisations have been unwelcoming and hostile to minorities, thankfully that is changing due to the bravery and hard work of so many people. Witness Punjabi Villans and their efforts re the racist chanting earlier this season. So when people of power and influence try and drag us back decades with their bigoted language it can only act as encouragement and validation for those who oppose the direction both society and our football club are travelling in.
Oh it's political alright, and as I have said before, our little internet community has higher standards in this respect than the country itself.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 05:44:11 PM »
I see it more as religious than political. Well judging by the comments I read before I had to stop as I was getting so fucking angry.

Offline p_ad

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2019, 05:45:02 PM »
Well said  part of the PRIDE

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2019, 05:53:39 PM »
It's on our Page aswell as a normal post.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2019, 06:04:56 PM »
I've seen the club have updated the club crest to the pride colours which if you look has had somewhat of a negative reaction.... Quite worrying to see the club has some rather homophobic followers :-[

This couldn't be more political, and I'm proud of the club doing what I believe is the right thing. For generations football clubs and indeed many other organisations have been unwelcoming and hostile to minorities, thankfully that is changing due to the bravery and hard work of so many people. Witness Punjabi Villans and their efforts re the racist chanting earlier this season. So when people of power and influence try and drag us back decades with their bigoted language it can only act as encouragement and validation for those who oppose the direction both society and our football club are travelling in.
Oh it's political alright, and as I have said before, our little internet community has higher standards in this respect than the country itself.
I'm not on about the crest, which I think is great. 
I'm on about your reference the the PM, which is unnecessarily bringing party politics into it.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »

I'm not on about the crest, which I think is great. 
I'm on about your reference the the PM, which is unnecessarily bringing party politics into it.

I bought the leader of the Conservative Party into because he holds the highest office in the land, not because he's the leader of the party. That argument, of course, is for the off topic thread. But my point remains that if it's seemingly acceptable for the PM to use this sort of language, whoever they may be, then others will believe that it is acceptable for them to do so.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2019, 07:08:40 PM »
That Karim Solaiman (top fan) sounds like nice lad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal