collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464242 times)

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #3060 on: January 23, 2020, 11:04:46 PM »
This seems odd. Monaco demanding monies for Slimani, who's only there on loan? So say Sportwitness. Our 'bid' is insufficient, apparently.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #3061 on: January 23, 2020, 11:43:01 PM »
Might be fees attached to ending the loan early. 

They might also have paid a fairly hefty loan fee to take him in the first place.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3062 on: January 24, 2020, 12:03:48 AM »
Brendan Rodgers did say it was a complicated situation regarding Slimani. My guess would be that if Monaco have paid a loan fee up front they will want some money back if they are to agree to the loan being cut short.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3063 on: January 24, 2020, 12:46:58 AM »
Inter Milan, in contention for the league or Villa trying to stay in the league. As a neutral you'd choose the former.

Chelsea as. A it part player maybe finishing 4th,or Villa as a potential hero staying in the Premier League? different proposition.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3064 on: January 24, 2020, 07:00:40 AM »
Hull appear to be almost openly touting Bowen now. We should be in there before he gets snapped up elsewhere. If I had the choice between Bowen and 6 months of Murray for example, or Giroud on his own, I'd take the Bowen and Murray route. We need 2 more forward options to see us through.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #3065 on: January 24, 2020, 08:12:02 AM »
Re. Slimani, surely his ultimate destination has to be up to Leicester, he's their player after all, and therefore levels of any loan fees etc. would be set by them? I get that there are probably distinct clauses within a lot of loan deals, but I do find it hard to believe that you can sub-loan a player out.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3066 on: January 24, 2020, 08:26:07 AM »
Hull appear to be almost openly touting Bowen now. We should be in there before he gets snapped up elsewhere. If I had the choice between Bowen and 6 months of Murray for example, or Giroud on his own, I'd take the Bowen and Murray route. We need 2 more forward options to see us through.

Am I right in thinking Bowen's contract is up at the end of the season? So they may want to cash in on him now. It is a bit of a dilemma for them however because although Hull are in mid table they are only seven points off the play offs.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #3067 on: January 24, 2020, 08:34:56 AM »
Re. Slimani, surely his ultimate destination has to be up to Leicester, he's their player after all, and therefore levels of any loan fees etc. would be set by them? I get that there are probably distinct clauses within a lot of loan deals, but I do find it hard to believe that you can sub-loan a player out.

Monaco will have paid a loan fee, and will want that back in full with a sweetener I would think. Opportunity to make a quick profit.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3068 on: January 24, 2020, 08:41:04 AM »

Am I right in thinking Bowen's contract is up at the end of the season? So they may want to cash in on him now. It is a bit of a dilemma for them however because although Hull are in mid table they are only seven points off the play offs.
[/quot

Apparently Hull have an option to extend it by a year which they almost certainly will do even if just to preserve his transfer value.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #3069 on: January 24, 2020, 08:42:59 AM »
Do we really want Slimani?

39 Premier League appearances to date with a return of 8 goals, 1:5 goal to game ratio basically.

I appreciate we need bodies but would rather give youth a chance if that's the best he can offer us.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #3070 on: January 24, 2020, 09:41:38 AM »
Whoever we get I'd like to see them make the difference between us drawing with top teams and beating them - in the early part of the season that was mostly game management and sloppy midfield / defending. Drinkwater might help, but I think Bowen would offer more than Giroud at this stage. Now I've typed that I realise it's contentious.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3071 on: January 24, 2020, 11:39:12 AM »

39 Premier League appearances to date with a return of 8 goals, 1:5 goal to game ratio basically.

I appreciate we need bodies but would rather give youth a chance if that's the best he can offer us.

That can be misleading though. Look at Mousset's record at Bournemouth; Sheffield United sign him and then he starts scoring.

Offline Jon Crofts

« Reply #3072 on: January 24, 2020, 02:19:01 PM »

That can be misleading though. Look at Mousset's record at Bournemouth; Sheffield United sign him and then he starts scoring.

Works the other way too, they bang 'em in and come to Villa and they stop scoring. Scott Hogan, Ross McCormack to name 2.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3073 on: January 24, 2020, 02:24:31 PM »
McCormack was given a contract that made him set for life and didn't have the hunger to want more.

Hogan was signed because Bruce just looked at the goalscorers list in the division and had no idea of why he scored goals at Brentford or what he needed to repeat the same here.

I hope more thought is given to our signings now.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #3074 on: January 24, 2020, 02:43:41 PM »
Looks like a hell of a lot of brain work went into the induction of Danny Drinkwater.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal