collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464523 times)

Offline frank black

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #2760 on: January 17, 2020, 06:49:03 PM »
Hull have signed some chap called Malik Wilks who can play as a winger or a striker. A replacement for Bowen?

No idea if there is any truth in it but I've just read that Leeds are to offer gbp3m to take Bowen on loan for the rest of the season with a further gbp15m to make it permanent if they get promoted.

If so, why can't we do similar with the balance paid if we stay up?

It’s BS apparently and when you look at this offer it makes no sense from a Hull perspective whatsoever. Best bet for them is to give him an extra 12 months contract (which they apparently have an option to do). See how the season pans out and then flog him if required in the summer.

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #2761 on: January 17, 2020, 07:24:28 PM »
If Bowen is settled in the area it probably makes more sense to go to Leeds and almost certainly be in the Premier League next season than uproot to Brum and possibly be back where he started in August. Much as I would love him to come to us, I just don’t think it will happen.

Leeds will implode again, it started last week. Not guaranteed they will come up.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #2762 on: January 17, 2020, 07:39:46 PM »
We can but hope ! But I doubt it , they seem much stronger this year.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2763 on: January 17, 2020, 07:54:53 PM »
17 days and no Striker on the pitch. Extremely poor work.

Offline BoVillan esq

« Reply #2764 on: January 17, 2020, 08:03:45 PM »

This.......and utterly astonishing.

Offline Hockley Lion

• GM : 24.05.2022
« Reply #2765 on: January 17, 2020, 08:04:18 PM »
Why not a Bid for Billy Sharp,  who apparently wants first team football?

Billy, don't be a hero (be a villan).

Paper Lace, lol.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #2766 on: January 17, 2020, 08:12:42 PM »

This.......and utterly astonishing.
Wasting time and resources selling Kodjia on top of it.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2767 on: January 17, 2020, 08:14:21 PM »
I don't think we're any worse off so far and selling Kodjia is a good idea. He's not good enough for this level, even remotely and he's out of contract.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2768 on: January 17, 2020, 08:35:05 PM »
If Bowen is settled in the area it probably makes more sense to go to Leeds and almost certainly be in the Premier League next season than uproot to Brum and possibly be back where he started in August. Much as I would love him to come to us, I just don’t think it will happen.

He's 23, I doubt he's that settled, plus he's from down the road, Leominster and his Dad could be watching his lad and favourite team every week. We desperately need a winger and the thought of him linking up with Freddie down the right for the next few years makes footballing and financial sense.

I'll be gutted if he ends up at Leeds. They haven't a pot to piss in. Newcastle are the more likely contenders.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #2769 on: January 17, 2020, 08:38:31 PM »
Middlesbrough hoping to sign James Chester, i wouldn't let him go until the end of the season.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-middlesbrough-set-sights-on-signing-aston-villa-player-amid-contract-opening/

Unless they'd like a straight swap with Asombalonga..

For me Asombalonga is another one of those players who shines in the championship but wouldn't necessarily shine in the Premier League.

This was the majority opinion on Abraham at the end of last season, too.  He has turned out alright.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #2770 on: January 17, 2020, 08:42:27 PM »
The injury to Wesley was unfortunate but surely the predicament the club finds itself in was foreseeable in the summer - Wesley was a big gamble at the price and had no experience of this league, Davis appears injury prone and again lacks experience - kodjia has never fully recovered from his serious injury and Smith doesn't have faith in him for whatever reasons - leaving us with a few untested youngsters who don't deserve to be thrown in at the deep end - which leaves us totally unprepared at a crucial part of the season - if this scenario had unfolded at The Sty or the Yawthorns we would have been pissing ourselves at their ineptitude ......maybe Smith's hands are tied and the recruitment handled by others within the club but the position we find ourselves in is frankly amateurish ......granted we still have two weeks before the window closes and maybe we will impressed and happy with the business conducted - however going into games against Brighton and possibly Watford and Bournemouth without a recognised striker is bordering on gross incompetence
I will be delighted to be proven totally wrong
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 08:45:38 PM by villa `cross the mersey »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #2771 on: January 17, 2020, 08:47:46 PM »
I don't think we're any worse off so far and selling Kodjia is a good idea. He's not good enough for this level, even remotely and he's out of contract.

No, you get players in first before you sell anyone. Villa have a habit of selling or loaning players first and weaken the squad. Selling Kodjia is madness when he's your only fit striker!

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2772 on: January 17, 2020, 09:01:11 PM »
I don't think we're any weaker with El Ghazi up top than Kodjia. I'd rather have the 3 million and lump it away from home again. I dont see why a battling draw is beyond us, it wasnt at Leicester and Brighton are grossly inferior.

Edit: I'd have much preferred us to have had a pacy forward, who occupies defenders for 90 minutes in addition to Wesley, in August. We've made it harder for ourselves since then because of that and of course this time of year is dire for recruitment.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 09:05:05 PM by Ads »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2773 on: January 17, 2020, 10:26:58 PM »
I assume Samatta isn't going to be available for Watford. Work permits rarely get awarded in a day or two. That's the problem game really. In form opposition but on paper probably the most winnable home game we have left of the season.

Wonder if we'll approach Brighton after the game and Glenn Murray will be signing on Monday morning, just to give us some sort of option for Watford e.g the ball actually sticking upfront.

Problem with just leaving everything to the Bournemouth game is the pressure will just be ramped up even more. I can see Watford going the same way as Southampton with the form they're in.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2774 on: January 17, 2020, 10:36:31 PM »
The mismanagement of the striker situation is truly pathetic, a thing of the type I thought we might finally have left behind.

I know nobody can predict injuries, but a blind man on a galloping horse could have spotted the risk in our pathetic striker line up at the start of the season.

Meanwhile yet another match with no fucking striker, and one signed, but he needs a work permit and hasn't kicked a ball in this country before.

Abject squad management.

Our problem is we keep pushing back the point at which we think circumstances will allow us to expect to win a game, further and further, and eventually it is going to become irretrievable.

Even if we scrape survival this season there are a number of people at the club who want sacking for getting us in this pathetic mess.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 10:38:05 PM by pauliewalnuts »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal