collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread  (Read 464399 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Winter transfer, gossip, speculation and usual butter ollocks thread
« Reply #570 on: December 23, 2019, 08:28:55 AM »
He's a maniac but I'd have Bielsa in a heartbeat. He wouldn't have us though. I'd say he's entirely confident about getting Leeds up, and since it's his team he'll fancy he can keep them up. He'd probably look at our XI and see a lot less hope, and I don't see him being the type to join a club midway through a season when he has a chance of winning a league where he is.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 08:30:41 AM by AsTallAsLions »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #571 on: December 23, 2019, 08:59:21 AM »
Bloody hell.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #572 on: December 23, 2019, 09:00:01 AM »
Wut?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #573 on: December 23, 2019, 10:14:59 AM »
Why would Leeds, in the position that they’re in currently, and Kelvin Phillips for that matter join us right now. If we were going to sign him it was last summer not now. You may as well say sign Harry Kane.

We need a proven striker, a proven PL performer or someone from overseas that plays in a top league. That’s just for starters. Wishlist striker would be Timo Werner from RB Leipzig, he knows were the back of the net is but could we get him and go 2 up top with Wes?  He’d cost the thick end of 60 million but he’d get goals and keep us up.

Sadly, I don’t think we’re going to sign Germany’s first choice striker and probably the best young striker on the planet

I did say wishlist. He’ll come to England eventually though as the difference between PL club income and Bundesliga income is sizeable. So should we stay up this is the type of player that takes us to the promised next level.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #574 on: December 23, 2019, 11:27:34 AM »
Werner is superb, a young German Vardy type. I suspect he'll be at Bayern before too long.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #575 on: December 23, 2019, 11:36:22 AM »
There's a Swedish striker called Robert Quaison who's come late ish onto the radar. 26 and only made his debut for Sweden last March but already scored 5 goals in 9 games for them.

I say him as he plays for Mainz and we were apparently tracking another striker for them in the summer but he got injured. Quaison scored a hat trick for Mainz in their 5-0 win at Werder Bremen just last week, 7 goals in 15 Bundesliga games so far this season.

Could be up and coming player worth a gamble on alongside more experienced striker coming in.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #576 on: December 23, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »
Why would Leeds, in the position that they’re in currently, and Kelvin Phillips for that matter join us right now. If we were going to sign him it was last summer not now. You may as well say sign Harry Kane.

We need a proven striker, a proven PL performer or someone from overseas that plays in a top league. That’s just for starters. Wishlist striker would be Timo Werner from RB Leipzig, he knows were the back of the net is but could we get him and go 2 up top with Wes?  He’d cost the thick end of 60 million but he’d get goals and keep us up.

Sadly, I don’t think we’re going to sign Germany’s first choice striker and probably the best young striker on the planet

I did say wishlist. He’ll come to England eventually though as the difference between PL club income and Bundesliga income is sizeable. So should we stay up this is the type of player that takes us to the promised next level.

There are plenty of examples of players who did not do that, and opted to stay in Germany.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #577 on: December 23, 2019, 12:20:22 PM »
Timo Wener is currently top scorer at club top of Bundesliga and playing a winnable round of 16 match in european cup in Feb.

He is not going to swop that for a relegation battle and club he probably knows little about (he was born two weeks before we won our last major trophy).

We need to find a good experienced striker out of favour at his present club and convince them. Any of the Chelsea lot, Pedro, batsuyahi or Giroud I'd be very happy with but again other good teams would be in for them.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #578 on: December 23, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »
I have not been impressed with Batman any time I have seen him, an upgrade on Wes yes.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #579 on: December 23, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »
I have not been impressed with Batman any time I have seen him, an upgrade on Wes yes.

He has flaws as a forward but he's in similar mould to Tammy.

Palace took him on loan last January. Scored 6 goals in 11 games. Palace won 5 of those games.

We get a decisive player like that in January, we'll stay up. It's as simple as that.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #580 on: December 23, 2019, 12:37:58 PM »

Palace took him on loan last January. Scored 6 goals in 11 games. Palace won 5 of those games.

We get a decisive player like that in January, we'll stay up. It's as simple as that.
Just going on what I have seen, not convinced.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #581 on: December 23, 2019, 12:42:45 PM »

Ideally we'd get in two new forwards this window. Another project/long term option and more of a Bent short fix option.

We'll probably let Kodjia go for a million or two and Davis will probably pick up more injuries so will remain very short upfront.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #582 on: December 23, 2019, 12:46:37 PM »

Ideally we'd get in two new forwards this window. Another project/long term option and more of a Bent short fix option.

We'll probably let Kodjia go for a million or two and Davis will probably pick up more injuries so will remain very short upfront.
Yes, in a word, desperate..

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #583 on: December 23, 2019, 05:52:29 PM »
The bigger problem is getting the ball moving quickly in midfield I know a lot of people have decided Wesley is the worst striker the club has ever had (or similar) but for me the bigger problem is that he either gets the ball pumped up at his head or he gets a couple of seconds too late. I don't know what we do in training but I haven't seen much sign of us forming into a confident team who know each other and are playing to their strengths.

Getting in a striker who can work with the broken build up we have and hold up the ball as a focal point would be a good idea (it's what Davis does and it's why he's looked like a good option in his little cameos). For me it's more about game management more than goals, which is also why we're conceding loads despite having decent defenders.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #584 on: December 23, 2019, 08:32:40 PM »
The bigger problem is getting the ball moving quickly in midfield I know a lot of people have decided Wesley is the worst striker the club has ever had (or similar) but for me the bigger problem is that he either gets the ball pumped up at his head or he gets a couple of seconds too late. I don't know what we do in training but I haven't seen much sign of us forming into a confident team who know each other and are playing to their strengths.

Getting in a striker who can work with the broken build up we have and hold up the ball as a focal point would be a good idea (it's what Davis does and it's why he's looked like a good option in his little cameos). For me it's more about game management more than goals, which is also why we're conceding loads despite having decent defenders.

Not convinced that's true to be honest. It's pretty much the same midfield Tammy was playing infront of. We're not as effective as we were at Championship level but we still get territory, we just have a forward who doesn't make life difficult for defenders.

I'm not writing him off and hope he turns it round, but he is our biggest single problem at the moment.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal