collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa v Liverpool pre-match thread  (Read 13904 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Villa v Liverpool pre-match thread
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2019, 09:44:51 PM »
Pretty much what I said about the Citeh game last week...it’s a free hit and another good test for the players. Any kind of positive result would be a bonus, but if we do lose then hope it’s not painful.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2019, 11:19:41 PM »
Most of us expect to lose but its a great chance to see how our players perform against quality and will give a good insight to management as to strengthening in January.

Offline mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2019, 11:26:37 PM »
Proper free hit this one - disappointing to get them so early. Full first team squad line up and see what happens and for a deity’s sake attack! Think they might field an under strength team if the dates fall well due to other games.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2019, 04:36:04 AM »
I hear that Jon Moss is the referee on Saturday. Another absolutely clueless official who has fucked us over twice this season (once on the pitch and once as VAR) as well as fucking us over in the FA Cup final.

He's also a shit drummer in a shit band. Karma Chameleon really sets my teeth on edge.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2019, 05:22:34 AM »
Is there going to be any pre-match singing from some bloke in a pink suit again?

Offline chrisf

« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2019, 08:41:32 AM »

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2019, 09:37:23 AM »
I hear that Jon Moss is the referee on Saturday. Another absolutely clueless official who has fucked us over twice this season (once on the pitch and once as VAR) as well as fucking us over in the FA Cup final.

He's also a shit drummer in a shit band. Karma Chameleon really sets my teeth on edge.

There’s always one.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2019, 09:40:21 AM »
I'm going for a 1-1 draw.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2019, 10:19:23 AM »

There’s always one.

Did you really want to hurt me?

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2019, 10:32:12 AM »
Heaton
Gilbert Konsa Mings Targett
Nakamba
Mcginn Luiz
Trez Wes Jack

Impressed with Konsa midweek and think we need the extra mobility against their front 3.

What did Trezeguet do against a bunch of children on Wednesday that makes you think he's ideal for this game?  I would much rather AEG who, though often anonymous, actually has the ability to change a game.

Offline Luffbralion

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2019, 10:49:28 AM »
5-1 Villa.

remember it well

That was my first game.

Stood in the Holte End with a Liverpool mate who thought they might get something when they put in their consolation goal.  5-1 at half time. The most thrilling, dynamic and exciting 45 minutes of football I have ever seen from the Villa. We were simply irresistible. Andy Gray, Dixie Deehan and he who walked on water all on the score sheet.

Can't see that score line being repeated tomorrow ...so I'll settle for a replica of our 2015 2-1 Wembley semi-final with a masterclass from our Jack.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2019, 11:18:43 AM »
Heaton
Gilbert Konsa Mings Targett
Nakamba
Mcginn Luiz
Trez Wes Jack

Impressed with Konsa midweek and think we need the extra mobility against their front 3.

What did Trezeguet do against a bunch of children on Wednesday that makes you think he's ideal for this game?  I would much rather AEG who, though often anonymous, actually has the ability to change a game.
Agree, Trezeguet had a poor game. He over-hit at least 4 passes in the first half that drifted out of play.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2019, 11:42:17 AM »
Like the City game

We need to be on top form and they need to be below par, other way round and it could be a nightmare

I think we will get a few chances but equally our defence looks leaky at times so so will they

I would take a score draw right now

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2019, 11:43:53 AM »
Proper free hit this one - disappointing to get them so early. Full first team squad line up and see what happens and for a deity’s sake attack! Think they might field an under strength team if the dates fall well due to other games.

They will also probably be at full strength as this is the League fixture.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
Most of us expect to lose but its a great chance to see how our players perform against quality and will give a good insight to management as to strengthening in January.

In the seasons building up to our relegation, we were beaten in these type of games before we even got to the ground.  It was just so easy for the opposition and we barely got near them.

I want to see us have a real go at them tomorrow and make things as uncomfortable for them as we can. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal