collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Libraries or the Championship what do you prefer  (Read 4157 times)

Offline Clark W Griswold

Re: Libraries or the Championship what do you prefer
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2019, 01:59:46 PM »
I loved going to Maine Road and sitting on the bench seating in the Platt Lane stand. I reckon I watched Villa play there about half a dozen times. I also saw David Bowie play there in 1987 and 1990 and I saw Pink Floyd there in 1988.

That bench seating was undoubtedly the most dangerous experience I’ve had inside a football stadium ever, around 1992 when we lost to a couple of Niall Quinn goals and everyone was pissed up and standing on the bench seats. How no one got stretchered out with broken limbs and worse I’ll never know.
Probably still better than going to the Etihad though.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2019, 02:20:12 PM »
We belong in the Premier League and we have had good times in the Championship but I never want to go back there we are a massive club and we all want the same thing success and being in the Premier League and hopefully if we stay up and build on this season we can challenge at least the top six that's were a club like us deserves to be not having a good day out at Rotherham or Barnsley no disrespect to those clubs we are better than that.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2019, 03:49:50 PM »
We belong in the Premier League and we have had good times in the Championship but I never want to go back there we are a massive club and we all want the same thing success and being in the Premier League and hopefully if we stay up and build on this season we can challenge at least the top six that's were a club like us deserves to be not having a good day out at Rotherham or Barnsley no disrespect to those clubs we are better than that.
Great read Daz.

Online Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 12:17:55 PM »
I prefer the championship but I cannot put my finger on why. 

A combination of the PL feeling like a closed shop whereas the championship every team has a go whether home or away.  The frequency of games in the championship is also fun.  The variety of away games and availability of ticket.  There’s a snobbiness in the PL where 75% of the people are there to be seen, post insta photos, whereas there’s a degree of lunacy in watching lower level football, you’re there because you love it.

Plus we win more.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2020, 12:37:34 PM »
Irrelevant which division we're in if it's BCD for half next season imo.

Does seem talk fans might slowly be allowed to come back in from September-October which is something I wouldn't have thought possible a month ago.

Seems they're waiting for 1 metre to come into play and it could be possible to perhaps get a 15-20k crowd into VP although what you do with fans getting to games and into the ground with social distancing measures looks much more tricky to implement.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2020, 09:40:57 PM »
BCD ?
 What ?

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2020, 09:53:20 PM »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal