collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man Citeh 3 ‘Plucky’ Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.  (Read 21065 times)

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Man Citeh 3 ‘Plucky’ Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #135 on: October 26, 2019, 11:08:57 PM »
Not a lucky kit, then.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #136 on: October 26, 2019, 11:11:19 PM »
Not a lucky kit, then.

I was looking for the brand name Muller on the front and the name 'Whittingham' on the back.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #137 on: October 26, 2019, 11:13:03 PM »
Good, because I like the green and black.  ;)

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2019, 12:38:49 AM »
Don't understand the criticism of Heaton I think he has been solid none of the goals yesterday were down to him. While I was watching the game all I could hear were Villa chants and singing how spoilt have they become? I wonder whether total expected success in every game is what we want not having any nerves about the opposition just seems the opposite of why we watch the game.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2019, 02:08:46 AM »
I thought we did ok. And that's about it. I'd still like to see a quick, niggly striker playing off Wesley. I think it'd do him the world of good.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2019, 03:37:54 AM »
I had free tickets/seats in the City end today with a friend who isn't a City fan. We obviously stood out when we didn't stand up or clap at the appropriate times. The seats were padded and exceptionally comfy and their fans were exceptionally quiet. It's probably been mentioned but Mings was fouled/ elbowed as he went for his header that led to their first goal I saw it as clear as day (it was a clever foul by the City player - who ever it was who -  challenged him?). I would go to far as say I hate their ground and the whole match day experience it's so sanitised it stinks. It pretty much sums up everything that is wrong with modern/Sky football. Maine road was no exaggeration  at least 100 times better.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2019, 06:02:41 AM »
Didn't enjoy yesterday one bit

City might be Champions and winning trophies but you'd think they were on the verge of going out of existence. Dull, miserable, sterile atmosphere. One of the most boring stadiums in the country.

We tried hard first half but City didn't really have to work up a sweat.

Second half was to be expected, for all his praise Mings has some fuck ups in him. We were sloppy and looked tired as usual, Brighton was a lucky result and we carried on that poor performance in the 2nd half yesterday.

Some of our 'stars' proved why they're playing for us and not the opposition. Wesley will get all the stick but all round it wasn't great. 3-0 is no embarrassment against the Champions but we shown them far too much respect before and in the game.

Smith needs to react quicker with his changes. Tough run of fixtures coming up now with only Newcastle looking like a winnable game. Sort it out or we'll be back in the Zone for Christmas

Sheff United have come up and are getting on with it instead of being overwhelmed and showing far too much respect to these big clubs. We're acting like it's our first time in the premier league and getting over excited by playing teams like City.

Away from the Football the sooner we fuck Kappa off the better, we had an official club interview released in the week with McGinns badge half missing and yesterday some poor sod was wearing the official tracksuit with the same problem, his mates singing "Where's your badge gone, Where's your badge gone" whilst pointing to his chest. Shocker!

« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 06:37:18 AM by Flin5tone »

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2019, 07:14:03 AM »
Disappointed obviously with losing, even though my expectations of achieving a result were low. We seem to be struggling in the second halves of matches against the likes of spuds, arses and monopoly city after decent 1st halves. This is something we need to address as losing 3 goals as we have done on each occasion, leaves us with very little chance.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2019, 07:15:54 AM »
As Villa fans we’ve got to be careful that we don’t get into a cycle of perpetual dissatisfaction. So we were lucky against Brighton rather than persistent. All the best teams (I’m not saying we’re one of them) play to the final whistle and that’s exactly what we did. On the flip side we werent unlucky against Burnley (battered them for 70 mins imo) or Arsenal (blatant pen for a draw...VAR grr), we threw it away. Yesterday we played well first half, defended pretty well and attacked with a threat a few times, we also played well for last 10. In between we were out passed and manoeuvred by some of the best players in world football at the moment, in particular De Bruyne and Sterling....and they brought Aguero on as sub ffs!  I just think we need a bit of perspective. A quarter of the way through this season I’m confident we have more than enough to stay up, which after all is the only objective that matters this season. Nothing scares me in this division outside the top two or three.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2019, 08:46:47 AM »
I'm in total agreement Rambo. There's an irony in the posters very valid point about Man City losing all perspective of what they are and where they're from, so that they're now in this "success? so what" state of apathy. To then negatively spin a good win against a decent Brighton side and bemoan us losing to their riches is a bit odd.

We are competing and we are giving it a go in our own way, as Sheffield United are. The fact they struggle for goals will catch up with them, as it will for Palace in the long run this season. But for VAR and Friend we would be above both. Such is fate.

But Man City scored their 30th, 31st and 32nd goals of the season yesterday. We wont be the first to be overcome by the world class talent they have or the last.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 08:48:33 AM by Ads »

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2019, 09:19:55 AM »
Disappointed obviously with losing, even though my expectations of achieving a result were low. We seem to be struggling in the second halves of matches against the likes of spuds, arses and monopoly city after decent 1st halves. This is something we need to address as losing 3 goals as we have done on each occasion, leaves us with very little chance.
This second half issue may be real as I have not checked the stats but is being perceived as a weakness and that's not good.  Listening to a report on radio last night the opening comment from reporter was "once again Aston Villa capitulate in the second half" He totally ignored the facts that first goal was hardly second half and second was illegal.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2019, 09:25:50 AM »
I thought we did ok. And that's about it. I'd still like to see a quick, niggly striker playing off Wesley. I think it'd do him the world of good.

Agreed. I think Maupay was that man. Hoping Deano has something up his sleeve for Jan, because the big guy needs some help.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2019, 09:34:06 AM »
IMG-20191027-092920" border="0

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2019, 09:47:57 AM »
He's standing almost in front of the keeper. It's fucking offside all day long. SHITE decision again. When it happens for us I guarentee that we will be flagged for it.

The Conor goal against Brighton was more legit than this one

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2019, 09:53:40 AM »
A standard Villa day.

Defensive error gifts a goal - check
VAR decision goes inexplicably/outrageously against us - check
Dean too late with his subs - check
Set-pieces absolutely wasted when Conor isn't on the pitch - check
Lack of belief when attacking a top team - check
Losing the plot, shape and energy second half - check

Trezeguet - what is he for exactly? Waste of a shirt.  3

spot on

1 0   down you could see after ten minutes It needed changing . id have brought on Conor as our set pieces was shit for useless Trez and Kienan for Wes as I thought Stones still looked poor and needed bullied .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal