collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Man Citeh 3 ‘Plucky’ Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.  (Read 20862 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Man Citeh 3 ‘Plucky’ Aston Villa 0 Post Match Thread.
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2019, 10:00:24 AM »
I've had enough of Wesley. Hopefully we can bring in some proper quality up front in January.

Id get Bowen in from Hull. .

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2019, 10:08:18 AM »
Axl and KtVillian said the two things I was going to say. We did ok but we had a lack of belief, especially in the final third. I thought he should have brought a winger on at 1-0 to try and stretch them a bit but despite the optimism before the game, it went pretty much like I thought it would but we'll be ok.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2019, 10:11:34 AM »
You need your striker to be one of your best players, a constant menace who defenders know they have to be 100% concentrated against. Ours isn't one of our best players, he's a passenger most of the time and it isn't just because of the way we play.

I find it strange we bought him to be honest as it was stated that he was a link up style forward and not a line leader and he looks lost up front on his own, he doesn't have the skill set to do the role that would best suit the team. A mistake in the window only buying him up front. He's not a bad player, but he's not the player we need at number 9.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #153 on: October 27, 2019, 10:28:01 AM »
Just listened to Guardiola saying Wesley was good. Is he being nice or taking the piss or am i stupid? I guess a bit of the three options.

swap for Aguero then?

Offline Behind Bluenose Lines

• Location: Hanging on in Quiet Desperation During a Global Pandemic
  • GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #154 on: October 27, 2019, 11:13:44 AM »
Good, because I like the green and black.  ;)
I like Green and Black chocolate too!  :D

3rd kits have never done us any good. Remember that yellow one from years ago? Didn't we lose to Liverpool in a Cup semi or something wearing it for the first time?

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2019, 11:48:47 AM »
You’ve a better memory for matches than I have, BBL.

Somebody, I think Legion, has posted all the Villa kits since 1874= on here.
There were some amazing ones from the 1890’s in brown (chocolate again?) and I do remember a yellow version featuring somewhere  ???

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2019, 11:52:30 AM »
I've got a mug with all the shirts on up until 2017-18.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #157 on: October 27, 2019, 11:55:16 AM »
I've got a mug with all the shirts on up until 2017-18.

There's many a mug who will have bought all those shirts, too.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2019, 12:12:31 PM »
Good, because I like the green and black.  ;)
I like Green and Black chocolate too!  :D

3rd kits have never done us any good. Remember that yellow one from years ago? Didn't we lose to Liverpool in a Cup semi or something wearing it for the first time?

First and I think only time, though others may know different. FA Cup R6 at Anfield.
This match I think
 https://www.11v11.com/matches/liverpool-v-aston-villa-08-march-1992-216580/

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2019, 12:54:56 PM »
I considered Trez best villa player yesterday especially because of his attacking forrays.
He was most likely to score , was the quickest of those attackers  and he settled we'll and offer something going forwards.
He was one who most shots with 4 shots one on target felt he played his part well going forward.
Also there was one outrageous piece of skill where he beat his man with control flicking all over him !
Fair play to him
Should have been subbed.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #160 on: October 27, 2019, 01:29:27 PM »
As Villa fans we’ve got to be careful that we don’t get into a cycle of perpetual dissatisfaction. So we were lucky against Brighton rather than persistent. All the best teams (I’m not saying we’re one of them) play to the final whistle and that’s exactly what we did. On the flip side we werent unlucky against Burnley (battered them for 70 mins imo) or Arsenal (blatant pen for a draw...VAR grr), we threw it away. Yesterday we played well first half, defended pretty well and attacked with a threat a few times, we also played well for last 10. In between we were out passed and manoeuvred by some of the best players in world football at the moment, in particular De Bruyne and Sterling....and they brought Aguero on as sub ffs!  I just think we need a bit of perspective. A quarter of the way through this season I’m confident we have more than enough to stay up, which after all is the only objective that matters this season. Nothing scares me in this division outside the top two or three.

Have agreed with every one of your posts on this thread, including this one. Nice to have another with perspective!! Welcome.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #161 on: October 27, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
What I find it hard to take from yesterday is that we sent an attacking eleven out there but were more concerned  from kick off about containment.  Ps Gilbert was pants

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #162 on: October 27, 2019, 02:27:03 PM »
Thanks Keeno  :D :D

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #163 on: October 27, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »
Don't understand the criticism of Heaton I think he has been solid none of the goals yesterday were down to him. While I was watching the game all I could hear were Villa chants and singing how spoilt have they become? I wonder whether total expected success in every game is what we want not having any nerves about the opposition just seems the opposite of why we watch the game.

I don’t get the criticism of anyone that played yesterday or anyone that’s played for us so far this season for that matter. I wish people would get a fucking grip.

Offline murgsy

« Reply #164 on: October 27, 2019, 05:27:38 PM »
First time to see the boys this season and I didn't leave deflated. We try to play progressive football and it will take time to transition and perfect that. If we had a clinical finisher we might have been closer to getting something more out of the game. The highlight was Nakamba - cracking player who didn't just look good defensively but could be an asset driving forward. Yes, Mings and Engels had mistakes in them but also spared us goals - they are good defenders but need to concentrate and be more decisive. Davies was miles better than Wesley and we are needing for a pacey striker. Our fans were in great voice again - goosebumps every time. UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal