collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manchester City v Villa pre-match thread  (Read 21147 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Manchester City v Villa pre-match thread
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2019, 11:37:20 AM »
Franchise FC is usually a term reserved for MK Dons, in what way are Man City a franchise?

They're owned by City Football Group as part of a wider franchise including New York City, Melbourne City, Girona and others. Assuming that's what the OP was alluding to

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2019, 11:42:05 AM »
I'm still alright with them. They're trailblazers illuminating the path that lies before us which ends at our own galactic domination. Their players and manager seem an affable, hard working and stylish bunch, and any new found sense of entitlement their supporters may have developed shall be dwarfed by mine in ten years' time.
And I doubt bilsim's loathing comes even anywhere near my wishing of doom, destruction and oblivion upon all things tottingham.

Include me with the 5-5s. Same again from Smith. I think if we try to deploy any kind of damage limitation strategy it'll massively backfire and end up as little more than a hard training session for our opponents. Front foot, let's have at them. Mings, Grealish(2), Wes, Luiz for us.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2019, 11:43:49 AM »
In the incredibly unlikely scenario that we ever see a Man City vs Small Heath cup final, catch me singing Keep Right On. I absolutely hate the club.

You are dead to me

Aye, he lost me there too.

Absolutely hating the opposition would be more of a reason to go as far as I'm concerned.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2019, 12:29:52 PM »
Franchise FC is usually a term reserved for MK Dons, in what way are Man City a franchise?

They're owned by City Football Group as part of a wider franchise including New York City, Melbourne City, Girona and others. Assuming that's what the OP was alluding to

We are owned by the same ownership group as Milwaukee Bucks. Are we a franchise? I get that some aren't keen on them (though they wouldn't be in the top twenty of clubs I dislike), but there's no way they're a "Franchise Club".
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 12:32:37 PM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2019, 12:32:29 PM »
6-1 defeat

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2019, 12:35:24 PM »

We are owned by the same ownership group as Milwaukee Bucks. Are we a franchise? I get that some aren't keen on them (though they wouldn't be in the top twenty of clubs I dislike), but there's no way they're a "Franchise Club".

I'm not saying we are. That's just what I took the original poster to mean.

I will say, they would definitely be in the 'top 20' of clubs I dislike though. Probably top 10.

They're nowhere as high as Blose, Leeds or Spurs in that respect, mind.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2019, 12:40:45 PM »
I understand anything other than a defeat is seen as a bonus but I don't go with this free hit talk as such.
They are good, very very good and have brushed us aside with ease plenty of times. But that was when we were on the way down, now we are on the way up.
We are in the same division as them by right. The team should be brave, savour the challenge, be willing to take a chance and who knows ?

Up the Villa.
I like this. There is too much loser talk on here. We are a different animal to the last time we played them. Plus we endured one of the barmiest goalkeeping displays i've ever seen now we have an England keeper. Of course we may lose but it's not a foregone conclusion. Our midfield excites me more than anything we've had since the days of Mortimer, Cowans, Bremner etc. Be brave Villa not scared. We will give them plenty of problems going forward. They will give us plenty of problems theres no doubt about that. But lets have a go. Lets be loud and proud whatever the outcome. We've come a long way since we last played them and our journey is only just beginning.
I think we have to have a bit of confidence about us.  This isn't a 'free hit' - if Wolves and Norwich can beat them, so can we.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2019, 12:48:39 PM »
I hate these jammy ****** more than I hate ManUre. Thank fuck they've still never won the European Cup.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2019, 12:54:13 PM »
How are they jammy ******? Unless it's because they were a club with a dodgy owner and going nowhere until they were taken over by billionaires, which sounds a lot like us.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2019, 01:08:06 PM »
I could never hate anyone more than Man Utd, even our Neanderthal neighbours and these corporate ******.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »
I just hope man city dont realise it is a 12.30 kick off. That should give us a fair bit of time to get well ahead.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2019, 02:09:21 PM »
Flood warnings predicted for the Cotton Village today and tomorrow, must be a chance the game could get called off

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2019, 02:17:20 PM »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2019, 02:26:55 PM »
6-1 defeat

That's the spirit.

As long as the seats are filled and everyone sings. That's what matters.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2019, 02:40:16 PM »
"Tomorrow's game gives us the opportunity to register three Premier League wins in a row for the first time since April 2010. 👊"

What a bloody grim statistic!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal