collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Astnor
[Today at 02:28:48 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:25:34 PM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Dave
[Today at 02:21:56 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:20:52 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Chris Smith
[Today at 02:15:26 PM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 02:01:05 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 02:00:06 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 01:59:07 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread  (Read 33294 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs VAR Post-Match Thread
« Reply #165 on: October 20, 2019, 10:54:56 AM »
Another very important thing I've noticed that didn't seem to get mentioned yesterday. Luiz has changed his hairstyle. I'm not sure about it. Feel this could be another green kit style controversy and divide supporter opinion.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:01:59 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #166 on: October 20, 2019, 11:10:07 AM »
Marvelous has his worst game for us yesterday.  Not sure he had a touch in the first 20 minutes.

Apart from Jack and Heaton, I don't think that any of the players had a good game yesterday. To play that badly against a team who, when they had 11, were clearly better and yet still get three points is a real bonus.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #167 on: October 20, 2019, 11:25:50 AM »
Mate, you're obsessed. It's getting pretty pathetic.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #168 on: October 20, 2019, 11:32:54 AM »
Here's my take on the game.
First off, Brighton played some great football: simple pass and move; almost every player touched the ball twice or three times before offloading to a colleague. The movement from Maupay, Connolly and Mooy (before his act of stupidity) was excellent and there were great to watch. We should aspire to that kind of play.
For us, I think:
- Marvelous was poor throughout.
- Grealish is approaching his best.
- McGinn was quiet; good when he was involved, but not involved enough.
- AEG was way off it.
- Hourihane: we go down to 10 men without the ball, because his tracking-back and positioning are shite (as is his energy levels)
- Wesley: great set-up for JG's goal, and he would be so much more effective if the back four released the ball earlier to him, on the ground.  There's a very good player in there, but we are not playing to his strengths.
- Heaton: get some kicking practice in, please!!

We have to move the ball more quickly, which means our players need to be on the move. Everything was too static and slow yesterday. Brighton showed us how it should be done.

Great result though!

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #169 on: October 20, 2019, 11:35:46 AM »
David and Trezeguet came on and offered more attacking threat and dynamism in their minutes than the ones they replaced .
El Ghazi big chance that he blazed over was seemingly the indication it wasn't gonna be his day
And the big W was at it with his cramp/injury and wanting to go off.
Tyrone Mings wasn't best pleased for that stoppage from down the other end as he battled and soldiered on with his injury minutes before picking himself up and I think wanted Wes to show a bit more character.

Why don't you give your illiterate childish rantings a miss and go and play somewhere else?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #170 on: October 20, 2019, 11:38:06 AM »
David and Trezeguet came on and offered more attacking threat and dynamism in their minutes than the ones they replaced .
El Ghazi big chance that he blazed over was seemingly the indication it wasn't gonna be his day
And the big W was at it with his cramp/injury and wanting to go off.
Tyrone Mings wasn't best pleased for that stoppage from down the other end as he battled and soldiered on with his injury minutes before picking himself up and I think wanted Wes to show a bit more character.

Why don't you give your illiterate childish rantings a miss and go and play somewhere else?

Politicis thread?!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #171 on: October 20, 2019, 12:13:49 PM »
I thought Brighton were very good for large parts of the game. We just didn’t get tight enough in the middle of the park. They waltzed through us too often. I know Connor is a goal threat but when he’s not he doesn’t do his other job well enough at this level. This is more important when Grealish is quite rightly playing a roaming role. He was excellent throughout today. A last minute winner the like Of which I can’t remember. So sweet.

Think we'll see Luiz starting v Man. City and Liverpool. Not sure who out of Conor or AEG you take out, I'd be tempted to leave Hourihane in as he's good at getting shots away around the box and we won't create too many clear cut chances against those two so set pieces will be important if we're going to score.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #172 on: October 20, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »
I know I'm right about this otherwise I would have shut up!!

What an arrogant gobshite you are. And you're far from right. There is no point in reading any of your views on Wesley as you are so fanatically biased it's like trying to have a rational conversation about the history of Aston Villa with a Blue Nose.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #173 on: October 20, 2019, 12:25:35 PM »
Wesley has 4 in 9. That's decent for a 22 year old lad in his first season in both England and the top flight.

Bit premature to have gone full Stuart442 or whatever the anti-Benteke/Smith guy was called.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #174 on: October 20, 2019, 12:29:05 PM »

What an arrogant gobshite you are. And you're far from right. There is no point in reading any of your views on Wesley as you are so fanatically biased it's like trying to have a rational conversation about the history of Aston Villa with a Blue Nose.

You're receiving massive applause here, mate.

Footy, you'd be banned if I had my way. No 18 months later for you.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #175 on: October 20, 2019, 12:29:43 PM »

To be fair, they'll probably know more about it than most of us do.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #176 on: October 20, 2019, 12:52:39 PM »

To be fair, they'll probably know more about it than most of us do.

They'd just need to consult their pocket diary.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #177 on: October 20, 2019, 01:03:11 PM »
I thought Brighton were very good for large parts of the game. We just didn’t get tight enough in the middle of the park. They waltzed through us too often. I know Connor is a goal threat but when he’s not he doesn’t do his other job well enough at this level. This is more important when Grealish is quite rightly playing a roaming role. He was excellent throughout today. A last minute winner the like Of which I can’t remember. So sweet.

Think we'll see Luiz starting v Man. City and Liverpool. Not sure who out of Conor or AEG you take out, I'd be tempted to leave Hourihane in as he's good at getting shots away around the box and we won't create too many clear cut chances against those two so set pieces will be important if we're going to score.
The problem yesterday andtoo often is that our midfield looks like Swiss cheese, teams as Brighton did yesterday just pass or walk through us with ease.
Conor can not do enough defensively, just not his game, so we need more presence in there and you would hope Luis is the answer.
I keep hoping that Smith would play 4 2 3 1 but he seems stuck on 4 3 3

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #178 on: October 20, 2019, 01:28:19 PM »
What is the status of Dooglaas Louis re our game with Man Citeh ! ? , if he is a loanee then surely he can'nt play ?...........................gGodzvilla!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #179 on: October 20, 2019, 01:31:30 PM »
What is the status of Dooglaas Louis re our game with Man Citeh ! ? , if he is a loanee then surely he can'nt play ?...........................gGodzvilla!

He's not a loanee, we bought him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal