collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread  (Read 169184 times)

Offline KNVillan

• GM : 11,08,2024
Re: Bears/Pears/Domestic Cricket Thread
« Reply #915 on: September 15, 2021, 12:06:27 PM »
Another catch for Bresnan. Patterson 9 c Bresnan b Miles…114/9

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #916 on: September 15, 2021, 12:12:49 PM »
All done, brilliant bowling display.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #917 on: September 15, 2021, 12:13:30 PM »
YOOOOUUUU BEEEEEAAAAARRSSSS

Offline shirley_villan

« Reply #918 on: September 15, 2021, 12:23:21 PM »
COYB!

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #919 on: September 15, 2021, 09:45:43 PM »
Another abject batting display by the Pears….bowlers  yet again set the game up brilliantly this morning but batting is plain dreadful

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #920 on: September 16, 2021, 04:27:46 PM »
All praise to the Bears on that bowling performance  ,having Woakes bowling for us makes a big difference  A wonderful cricketing day made even better by our our neighbours getting thrashed

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #921 on: September 16, 2021, 09:47:49 PM »
Another abject batting display by the Pears….bowlers  yet again set the game up brilliantly this morning but batting is plain dreadful

It's embarrassing Gareth.  The coaches need replacing. 

Offline PGW

• Villan, Bear and now Cancer Warrior
« Reply #922 on: September 17, 2021, 11:32:59 AM »
All praise to the Bears on that bowling performance  ,having Woakes bowling for us makes a big difference  A wonderful cricketing day made even better by our our neighbours getting thrashed

Fingers crossed that he's allowed to play next week. He makes a great difference.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #923 on: September 17, 2021, 12:32:22 PM »

Fingers crossed that he's allowed to play next week. He makes a great difference.

He was superb opening in both innings, the advantage he has is that he gets really late swing so the ball normally looks straight until just before it pitches which gets batsmen nibbling at him. We have lots of good swing bowlers in England but he's the one most perfectly suited to bowling in early and late season conditions in my opinion.

Online UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #924 on: September 17, 2021, 04:45:20 PM »
Woakesy is part of the TMS commentary team for finals day

Offline rjp

• aka Rob
  • GM : 07.05.2024
« Reply #925 on: September 17, 2021, 04:48:33 PM »
I have 1 and possibly 2 spare tickets for the T20 Finals day that I can't shift.  The 2nd is likely to be confirmed tomorrow morning (back to school flu victim).  A small donation to Acorns would cover it if anyone of this parish is interested.  The seats are not together.  We are sat in 2 banks of 3, not far from each other, in the Hollies so will have 2 people occupying each bank.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #926 on: September 19, 2021, 10:27:02 PM »

Absolutely on Gidman, he seems hopeless & the pink and fluffy nonsense he spouts does my head in… Richo is doing ok with the bowlers tho….

Need two batsmen over winter in addition to Wade & they need to be the standard of Libby not the standard of Roderick 

Offline KNVillan

• GM : 11,08,2024
« Reply #927 on: September 20, 2021, 07:17:39 PM »
Joe Leach to step down as the Pears Captain

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/58631137

Joe Leach is to stand down as Worcestershire club captain after five seasons in the role.

Leach, 30, will lead the Pears for the last time in their final County Championship fixture of the season against Leicestershire from Tuesday.

He led the county to promotion from Division Two of the championship in his first season as captain.

"It was a difficult decision," Leach said. "But one I feel is right, not only for myself but the group as well."

Right-arm seamer Leach is set to continue as a player next season.

"I'm immensely proud of what I've managed to achieve in some difficult times for the club over those five years," he added.

"I've had a lot of things to deal with on and off the field, and now I guess the time is right to focus on my cricket and get back to really enjoying it and doing the best I can with bat and ball."

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #928 on: September 20, 2021, 09:04:28 PM »

Absolutely on Gidman, he seems hopeless & the pink and fluffy nonsense he spouts does my head in… Richo is doing ok with the bowlers tho….

Need two batsmen over winter in addition to Wade & they need to be the standard of Libby not the standard of Roderick 

Roderick has been very meagre with his runs.  I see Pollock has signed but he's hit and miss too.  I appreciate that we are seen as being one of the smaller clubs but I wish we'd show some ambition in the coaching stakes and get rid of Gidman.  Could so with Moeen playing a bit more next season.  Looking forward to Wade coming in.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #929 on: September 21, 2021, 11:08:06 AM »
We desperately need bonus points to have a chance of the title so have set off as you'd expect... 12 for 1 off 8 overs. 🙄

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal