collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by aj2k77
[Today at 10:21:35 PM]

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:11:07 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:07:44 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread  (Read 36652 times)

Offline Breezeblock

• GM : 29.11.2024
Re: Arsenal v Aston Villa Post-Surrender Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2019, 06:46:29 PM »
So angry that I could easily shit a live pit-bull terrier! FFS Smith. its not rocket surgery! That was a capitulation of fucking Sherwoodian proportions! >:(

Online aj2k77

« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »
Really over the top reactions.

We spent all the second half against 10 men, the 10 men did us 3-1 in that half, what reaction are you expecting?

and against a shocking and often bottling team such as Arsenal

Arsenal are shocking? Fucking hell, you're in for a long hard season then. They will finish top 6. We won't. There's a gulf to make up from getting promoted. It's the start of the season. We've lost narrowly this season, there is enough ability all round for the team to improve and start turning around a poor start. Panic and we will shoot ourselves in the foot. It will be a tough season and at times we won't look coherent.

Smith isn't shit. We've spent months waxing lyrical about him.
Engels and Mings aren't shit.
Grealish isn't all tippy tappy and nothing to show for it, we've spoken about him being able to play for the national team.
The list goes on, every mistake doesn't need to be poured over and over and reacted upon because we're all pissed off that we've fucked up an opportunity.

If we'd have won or even drawn, with the same performance, the reactions would be 180 degree different. I'm not saying I'm delighted about how we are playing but we are definitely not terrible as is being made out and the manager isn't a fool as is being made out. And please let's not start the ''what do they do in training'', '' we aren't fit enough'' rubbish. It get's rolled out by every team whenever they lose.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #92 on: September 22, 2019, 06:48:07 PM »
Getting knackered and sitting deeper and deeper has nothing to do with PL experience though, none of us have managed in the PL but we could see what was happening and that changes were needed. We didn't make those changes until after their 3rd.

Offline supertom

« Reply #93 on: September 22, 2019, 06:48:43 PM »
I love SJM but he looked knackered after an hour. He either isnt fit enough, which is unlikely, or he needs to conserve his energy much better.

It's not the first time he's had a brilliant first half and then you forget he's playing in the second. He looks completely and utterly knackered which is hardly surprising given the amount of running he does. Unfortunately Dean doesn't see it or if he does, refuses to take him off as he's out main goal threat. That's another subject that seriously needs urgent attention.

The only positive from today is Villa didn't ruin all my weekend. I'd have hated to have seen that game on a Friday night. Small blessings.
In fairness to SJM, if we kept the ball better and there was much more cohesion between midfield and attack, he'd be chasing less. That's another aspect needing major attention, and that's our ball retention. Still, we've only been saying that for 20 bloody years...:(

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #94 on: September 22, 2019, 06:48:43 PM »
Aston Villa keep beating Aston Villa.
One of those fans surveys in pre season tipped Dean as the first manager to lose his job. I cringed at the thought but he looks a bit lost at the moment. He has a good squad but doesn't appear to know what to do during games.

Arsenal are fucking bottle job shit houses but they beat us with one less player. Damning for everyone involved....

richtheholtender

« Reply #95 on: September 22, 2019, 06:49:53 PM »
I think we just need to calm down. As I put in the match thread this isn’t a shock, we’ve lost these sort of games for years. We’re 4 points off 6th having played spurs & arsenal away and Everton & West Ham at home.

Wow.

That's marvellous spin.

Firstly, we're not four points off 6th, we're 4 points off 12th, and two places off the bottom.

4 points off twelve then. Does it matter? We aren’t exactly cut a drift are we?

Online LukeJames

« Reply #96 on: September 22, 2019, 06:49:58 PM »
Both our goals came from our best two midfielders running into their box and causing mayhem. This is were they should be playing, not on the edge of our box

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #97 on: September 22, 2019, 06:50:05 PM »
I just can not understand how he watched them tear through us without doing something about it.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #98 on: September 22, 2019, 06:51:01 PM »
Really over the top reactions.

We spent all the second half against 10 men, the 10 men did us 3-1 in that half, what reaction are you expecting?

and against a shocking and often bottling team such as Arsenal

If we'd have won or even drawn, with the same performance, the reactions would be 180 degree different.

A draw, against a team down to 10 men for an hour, who were also behind would still have been a very poor result.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #99 on: September 22, 2019, 06:51:02 PM »
I think we just need to calm down. As I put in the match thread this isn’t a shock, we’ve lost these sort of games for years. We’re 4 points off 6th having played spurs & arsenal away and Everton & West Ham at home.

Wow.

That's marvellous spin.

Firstly, we're not four points off 6th, we're 4 points off 12th, and two places off the bottom.

4 points off twelve then. Does it matter? We aren’t exactly cut a drift are we?

No we're not, but we're also not hovering around the top six, either.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #100 on: September 22, 2019, 06:51:26 PM »
That felt worryingly like the Leicester 15/16 game. Played well, things appeared to be clicking but pissed it away, mainly through tactical ineptitude.

Absolutely nothing like Sherwood, a manager with no pedigree, who had proven nothing at the club, who was a proven bullshitter, who helped harness division in the dressing room, throwing on an extra attacking player when we were at Leicester and falling apart.

This is the over the top crap that I am talking about.
Comparing Tim Sherwood to Dean Smith?

Here's a clue, one of them will never manage again. Take a guess who it is and for why.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2019, 06:52:06 PM »
Getting knackered and sitting deeper and deeper has nothing to do with PL experience though, none of us have managed in the PL but we could see what was happening and that changes were needed. We didn't make those changes until after their 3rd.

And that is exactly it. It’s really fucking obvious.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #102 on: September 22, 2019, 06:52:12 PM »
We need to stop thinking like Paul Lambert did and take each game on its merits and what actually happened in it.

Lambert would big up the opposition so much, we ended up fearing lower league sides in the cup.

Yes, West Ham are established, yes, Arsenal are a top six side. But the way the two games developed, we should be rightly annoyed at coming away with one point.

Under normal circumstances maybe one point would be expected , but both games gave us a massive opportunity to win and, especially today, we've really messed up.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #103 on: September 22, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »
I take your point but the game management was shocking and that definitely comes through experience.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #104 on: September 22, 2019, 06:53:40 PM »
Well, the lack of experience from the manager and players seems to be showing.

To be honest, I had this game as a defeat - we lost - so in that respect I think probably it's a bit soon to be calling the season a total disaster. We've not played any "must win" games yet. The next 3 (Burnley, Norwich, Brighton) - need an absolute minimum of 5 points, and less than 7 would still be a bit worrying. I'd be worried if we're not still in the league cup too - we can't afford defeats against Brighton etc if we're dropping them in the manner we have today.

Still have full faith in Dean, but it's going to be tested over the next few weeks. He's not left himself much margin for error.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal