collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 95529 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1665 on: February 23, 2020, 06:36:02 PM »
Just imagine, if from strong positions in each of these three games, we had got draws against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs at home. We'd be on 28 points and fairly relaxed about things after this round of games.

We have thrown away so many points.

That said, we are so fortunate that the teams around us have started to struggle too.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #1666 on: February 23, 2020, 07:05:56 PM »
I cannot see us matching either West Ham or Watford as they seem to have a bit more streetfighting ability and physicality than we do, certainly Watford anyway.  I can't see where the next win is coming from.  I hold Smith and Pitarch for leaving us with a completely inept midfield, from a defensive point of view.  We are sleepwalking to relegation.

Agree with you in terms of not knowing where next wins coming from. Iím usually an optimist but the hammer blow of losing to spurs the way we did and the no show yesterday, has brought forward a massive villa cloud thatís hard to shift.

Not sure why anyone would think though,  Watford or West Ham have anymore than us. Last 7 games we have 7 points (2 wins, 1 drawn, 4 losses), Watford have 8 points (2 wins, 2 draws, 3 losses), West Ham have 5 points (1 win, 2 draws, 4 defeats) and West Hamís win came in Moyes first game in charge 7 games ago. There is nothing in recent form to suggest they are playing any better than us. I wonder if their fans are on their forums saying they have more street fighting qualities or whatever that villa, same goes for Bournemouth.

We are in the shite Iím not trying to deny that, IM not one to simply blame the manager, though ability to motivate the team if nothing else lies at his door. I think the players are massively low on confidence and in some cases low on ability. Stating the obvious but we need to dig out a win from somewhere in any fashion

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #1667 on: February 23, 2020, 07:33:02 PM »
Yeah we'd stay up with that. More optimistic than me.

Have a good feeling for Newcastle and also Crystal Palace but many others have feel of Spurs games. Games we could draw but conspire to lose.

Man. United and Arsenal are starting to get some consistancy now and going for top 4/5 after being s*** for most of this season.

Sheff U could easily be a defeat thatís us on 10 then (that wonít be enough) but same time a rocking VP could see us beat Wolves so thatís 12 (37 would keep us up imo)

Difficult to say with Sheffield United. They've been brilliant but feels inevitable they'll ease off once they hit 40 points. They weren't that great v Brighton yesterday.

Still been a poor match up for us in last two years (that game we won with that late Snoddy goal we were completely battered in) and we are nowhere near playing 3-5-2 aswell as they and Wolves do so don't think it's a simple case of just matching them with formations and we'd win.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1668 on: February 24, 2020, 09:25:20 PM »
Start getting worried people west ham are bloody beating liverpool ffs.  This could turn their season around

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1669 on: February 24, 2020, 09:44:12 PM »
Start getting worried people west ham are bloody beating liverpool ffs.  This could turn their season around

Or not.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1670 on: February 24, 2020, 09:46:00 PM »

Or not.

Thank god.even a point for them would be a disaster for us

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 14.06.2019
« Reply #1671 on: February 24, 2020, 09:47:14 PM »

Or not.

Thank god.even a point for them would be a disaster for us

It's not finished yet! Plus, West Ham are fighting like fuck.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #1672 on: February 25, 2020, 12:17:23 AM »
Anything could happen for the rest of the season.

Results start happening that's nobody expects.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 15.08.2020
« Reply #1673 on: February 25, 2020, 05:29:55 AM »
Absolutely, crazy results usually start with about 6/8 games to go.  I recall Leicester being dead and buried, absolute certainties for relegation and behind at the Albion I think.  Turned the game around and went on a mad run to stay up.  The following season we all know the rest.  We'll need at least a couple of those crazy results to go our way or we'll be toast.

Online GarTomas

« Reply #1674 on: February 25, 2020, 06:51:18 AM »
Just imagine, if from strong positions in each of these three games, we had got draws against Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs at home. We'd be on 28 points and fairly relaxed about things after this round of games.

We have thrown away so many points.

That said, we are so fortunate that the teams around us have started to struggle too.

I take the positives that we are competitive in games more often than not. Need to close out a few results.

McGinn returning will be a massive boost as well.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1675 on: February 25, 2020, 06:59:58 AM »
I think one of the main problems has been consistency. We went from the euphoria of a last minute win in a cup semi final to playing garbage at Bournemouth and playing very well against Spuds to playing like a team of strangers against Southampton and it's happened a few times this season. That is what's going to cost us in the end if we don't buck our idea's up.

Offline alanclare

• Went to school in Aston
  • GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #1676 on: February 25, 2020, 07:28:37 AM »
Worried? Me? Nah.

Online Abbeyfealeavfc

« Reply #1677 on: February 25, 2020, 07:53:13 AM »
As bad as the result at soton was, other results have gone our way again. We can't keep relying on other teams to f-ck up. I still think 37 points (4 wins may be enough to keep us up)
It's now an 11 game season and we have a point advantage on the bottom 3. I certainly will be supporting the team/lads to get these 4 wins (until it's mathematically impossible) as the alternative is unattractive to me.UTV!

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1678 on: February 25, 2020, 07:59:23 AM »
Youíd be naive not to be worried now. I wasnít that worried until a few weeks back- timeís running out and points very hard to acquire. The manner of the Southampton loss was very worrying. You canít play like that and expect to stay up. I think because weíre one of the bigger names, other clubs might be trying extra hard to send us down too.

Offline tim

« Reply #1679 on: February 25, 2020, 08:02:21 AM »
"It's not finished yet! Plus, West Ham are fighting like fuck".

I think that this is significant - WHU went into a game that realistically, they had very little chance of getting anything from, but had a real go anyway. Can you see Ville doing the same? This could be the difference in the end - attitude and passion.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 08:04:19 AM by tim »