collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 220045 times)

Offline Villan82

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1620 on: February 22, 2020, 06:30:11 PM »
I am more annoyed than I was in 2016.

The ingredients were there this time but the Board are too loyal to the manager.

Spot on. They’ll rue their misplaced loyalty. How they ever got to be billionaires I’ll never know.

The state of this.

You think we're going to stay up? You think it's OK that we are sleepwalking to losing Jack Grealish?

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1621 on: February 22, 2020, 06:31:03 PM »
I cannot see us matching either West Ham or Watford as they seem to have a bit more streetfighting ability and physicality than we do, certainly Watford anyway.  I can't see where the next win is coming from.  I hold Smith and Pitarch for leaving us with a completely inept midfield, from a defensive point of view.  We are sleepwalking to relegation.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1622 on: February 22, 2020, 06:35:28 PM »
I cannot see us matching either West Ham or Watford as they seem to have a bit more streetfighting ability and physicality than we do, certainly Watford anyway.  I can't see where the next win is coming from.  I hold Smith and Pitarch for leaving us with a completely inept midfield, from a defensive point of view.  We are sleepwalking to relegation.

Agree but not sleepwalking, we are wide awake and going down

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1623 on: February 22, 2020, 06:35:29 PM »
Watford and West Ham play each other on the weekend we're playing Everton away.

Ultimately the teams below will start picking up a win or two.

After the late Watford win it was a great chance to put a 4-5 buffer between us and 18th but we've failed and it will likely cost us in the long run.

Watford showed at xmas they're capable of winning 3 games out of 4 so we're finished if they do that again.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1624 on: February 22, 2020, 06:36:57 PM »
More the utter bollocks conclusion that because the manager hasn't been sacked at the exact point somebody terminally miserable has concluded, that a pair of successful and ridiculously rich blokes can't have the brains to have earned their obscene fortunes.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1625 on: February 22, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »

Agree but not sleepwalking, we are wide awake and going down

Even worse then my friend.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1626 on: February 22, 2020, 06:43:49 PM »
More the utter bollocks conclusion that because the manager hasn't been sacked at the exact point somebody terminally miserable has concluded, that a pair of successful and ridiculously rich blokes can't have the brains to have earned their obscene fortunes.

Wow!! Not many, if any bar one or two are saying anything about the owners. CEO, coming in for some stick for sticking with Dean, if it’s his call. Are you happy? Honestly straightforward question? Not at the end of the season if we stop up, with hindsight? Right now, if it was your call what you do, hope and pray??

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1627 on: February 22, 2020, 06:46:02 PM »
I know not many are saying that, that's why I quoted the person who said it.

Of course I'm not happy. We lost.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1628 on: February 22, 2020, 08:31:18 PM »
I know Suso is an easy target but ultimately the transfer strategy would've come from the owners and DOF and head coach has to implement this and pick the players.

When they were giving over 100m as the budget I'm sure they'd have made it known whether they've have wanted us to spend majority of that on players in 28-31 age bracket or primarly go for players under 25.

We went for the second option and it's not been a great success.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1629 on: February 22, 2020, 10:18:07 PM »
They’ll get their £120 million back on Grealish, McGinn and Mings. We’ll be left with the rest and a massive rebuild job. Depressing isn’t it.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1630 on: February 22, 2020, 10:23:40 PM »
I actually think we'll be o.k back down in the championship compared to the state we were in last time.

Last time only took three seasons despite a very dodgy inital owner and underwhelming managerial appointments.

We have core of players who are very hit and miss in this league but many will be fine in championship. As we've seen all you do is find a striker or two who can score and you'll be up there as we were with Grabban and Tammy. Just make sure the club you're loaning from isn't going to get a transfer ban the next summer!

We'd be very close if not top 2 if we signed Dwight Gayle for example.

Big spanner would be a brutal FFP points deduction so let's hope Purslow is being more truthful than Wyness was when he said things would be fine if we didn't beat Fulham.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1631 on: February 22, 2020, 10:37:01 PM »
No points from the last two games is a very poor return. Really thinking we'll drop now having been quite optimistic previously. Still got a lot of chances to save ourselves, let's bloody take them.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #1632 on: February 22, 2020, 10:43:14 PM »
We simply cannot play as bad this season as we did today...can we?

Offline Luke8

« Reply #1633 on: February 22, 2020, 11:02:53 PM »
We simply cannot play as bad this season as we did today...can we?

The inconsistency in our performances is the most frustrating thing, even if it is somewhat understandable. A similar performance to just last week would have seen us get a result today, I reckon.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1634 on: February 22, 2020, 11:08:50 PM »

Sawiris inherited his.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal