collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 219901 times)

Offline Luke8

Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1215 on: January 16, 2020, 02:40:14 PM »
We certainly do and now McGinn is injured that is such a key area.

I understand that Luke, it's just very frustrating. I was just hoping I suppose with this new backroom set-up of scouts and directors of football and with very rich owners we might have been a bit more aggressive and forceful when the window opened in January. Maybe we have been and are as we talk, who knows, all we have heard is rumours and paper talk.

Oh, I complete understand people being frustrated. I just think it’s easy to underestimate from the outside what a tricky job it can be sometimes. The new set up/staff addition have only been in place for a short time period really and it’s pretty widely agreed that they we working from a point where we have been badly run for pretty much a decade.

The huge rebuilding job in the summer will obviously have had an influence on what we are able to do this month as well.

Offline Luke8

« Reply #1216 on: January 16, 2020, 02:42:07 PM »
Realistically who can we finish above? I’d go Norwich, Bournemouth and Newcastle, who could get dragged back into it.

I don’t think you can categorically rule out anyone from Newcastle down really. Some are less likely obviously, but all have their flaws/reasons for being in the position that they currently are.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1217 on: January 16, 2020, 02:43:15 PM »
West Ham, Watford and Burnley could all get dragged down...

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1218 on: January 16, 2020, 02:45:57 PM »
Realistically who can we finish above? I’d go Norwich, Bournemouth and Newcastle, who could get dragged back into it.

Burnley too.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1219 on: January 16, 2020, 04:27:47 PM »
We certainly do and now McGinn is injured that is such a key area.

I understand that Luke, it's just very frustrating. I was just hoping I suppose with this new backroom set-up of scouts and directors of football and with very rich owners we might have been a bit more aggressive and forceful when the window opened in January. Maybe we have been and are as we talk, who knows, all we have heard is rumours and paper talk.

Oh, I complete understand people being frustrated. I just think it’s easy to underestimate from the outside what a tricky job it can be sometimes. The new set up/staff addition have only been in place for a short time period really and it’s pretty widely agreed that they we working from a point where we have been badly run for pretty much a decade.

The huge rebuilding job in the summer will obviously have had an influence on what we are able to do this month as well.

It is a huge job, it's massive I agree. There has been so much to change and there still is probably. I hope the new owners and staff do know what they are doing. We've been there so many times now which doesn't help everyones nerves and confidence in that department.  I'm sure if Big Wes hit the ground running and the team in general didn't have that dip in form from November we'd all be a lot less nervous and frustrated. I'd include the players in that statement too. If only we hadn't of collapsed against Liverpool, I wonder how we would have gone on from there.

In hindsight signing Maupay, even for the silly money stated would have been money very well spent, but you know what they say about hindsight.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #1220 on: January 16, 2020, 05:27:07 PM »

Burnley too.
I hope so, but let's face it, all those clubs will also be definitely listing us as an obvious target they can finish above. Three teams have to go down, and we are one of the favourites. I spend far too long thinking about other clubs' prospects and results which is a sure sign of how poorly we are doing.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1221 on: January 18, 2020, 03:59:01 PM »
Not worried at all. Simply resigned to what is currently looking like the inevitable.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #1222 on: January 18, 2020, 04:01:13 PM »
Not good enough. The management team are the problem.

If we had sacked him in December I fancy we would be doing better now. The players haven't really been at the level they were at up to December.

Relegation this time is even worse - after all the optimism of having better owners than we had when the arse fell out of the club in 2010.

Online CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #1223 on: January 18, 2020, 04:26:50 PM »
Not worried at all. Simply resigned to what is currently looking like the inevitable.

Same, felt that way for a while.

I think Watford will finish us off on Tuesday and that will be all she wrote.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1224 on: January 18, 2020, 04:29:12 PM »
Two defeats, today and v Watford, I don’t see how we can or will stop that. Hasn’t happened yet, gulp!

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1225 on: January 18, 2020, 04:59:40 PM »
That point was important, but fucking hell we need to be so so much better.

Online ez

« Reply #1226 on: January 18, 2020, 06:19:53 PM »
As we are now i think we're down. It's going to be nigh on impossible to win a game without a striker. So much depends on who we get in.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1227 on: January 18, 2020, 06:24:46 PM »
Game last 90 minutes.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #1228 on: January 18, 2020, 08:02:04 PM »
I think it's going to take 40 points this season rather than the recent years total 38.

5 wins
3 draws
7 defeats

From our last 15, or 6 wins and 9 defeats to put it a less likely way.

Offline mike

« Reply #1229 on: January 18, 2020, 08:04:47 PM »
Hard to see how we’re not cattle trucked, but you never know.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal