collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:12:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 04:12:53 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by aj2k77
[Today at 04:08:51 PM]

Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 04:08:45 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 04:06:10 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 03:28:55 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Anyone starting to get worried?  (Read 224110 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Anyone starting to get worried?
« Reply #1470 on: February 09, 2020, 04:44:26 PM »
Palace are slipping into it.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1471 on: February 09, 2020, 04:49:04 PM »
I'm less worried having looked at the form table. For all the talk of a Watford and Bournemouth revival, I'd take Samatta and a soon-to-return McGinn over West Ham and Bournemouth's next few games.

An obvious understatement, but a win against Spurs next weekend would be very welcome looking at the table after this weekend's games. 

Online rougegorge

« Reply #1472 on: February 09, 2020, 04:59:01 PM »
Palace are slipping into it.
Much sooner be in their position.

Their next 4 fixtures also don't feature any of the top teams so if they really did slip into it, they would have probably given Brighton, Watford and Bournemouth a helping hand out of it as well.

Offline Ads

« Reply #1473 on: February 09, 2020, 05:05:17 PM »
They've not won since Boxing Day and have scored the fewest amount of goals in the league. We've got to be targeting them for 3 points at home.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1474 on: February 09, 2020, 05:13:29 PM »
There is often a team in lower mid table who seem to be keeping their heads above water but due to complacency sleepwalk into relegation trouble late on. I think that was the case with Small Heath when they got relegated after winning the cup. I don't think Palace have considered being in a relegation battle whereas Villa and Norwich maybe half expected it. Maybe Brighton and Bournemouth half expected it too. I don't think Watford or West Ham were expecting to be in so much trouble either.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1475 on: February 09, 2020, 05:33:01 PM »
There is often a team in lower mid table who seem to be keeping their heads above water but due to complacency sleepwalk into relegation trouble late on. I think that was the case with Small Heath when they got relegated after winning the cup. I don't think Palace have considered being in a relegation battle whereas Villa and Norwich maybe half expected it. Maybe Brighton and Bournemouth half expected it too. I don't think Watford or West Ham were expecting to be in so much trouble either.

Also us in the McLeish season.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #1476 on: February 09, 2020, 09:10:58 PM »
I thought newcastle would be the team to slip from the middle as I thought they were utterly shite down the villa, but maybe it’s Palace. True they do have to play other relegation fodder in the next few weeks, so they’ll either pull away doing us a favour in the process, or get dragged right into the mire.

Anyway good weekend for the villa and stress free as we never played 😬

Offline Big Ming

« Reply #1477 on: February 10, 2020, 06:32:42 AM »
Saunders proved that a team blended from  good and mediocre players can win big if they are properly motivated and superfit.

We have a couple of top players but the blend is not right and performances way too inconsistent.

You know you are in trouble when you are following the matches of fellow strugglers in real time and praying for bad results.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1478 on: February 10, 2020, 07:44:30 AM »
Agreed, very balanced summary R&B and about how I feel as well. Disagree on the Arsenal game as that was one that went begging for me but hopefully we correct that when we play them at home. More generally speaking I am reasonably confident we'll stay up because I think we'll pull out some results when we need to. Just like we did last year and like we did in the semi final.
Im struggling to see where the points will come from in all honesty and think it could go right down to the wire on the last day with all sorts of possible outcomes. Obviously I hope we can find a way to do it. Hopefully Samagoal will go on a streak, Jack stays fit and McGinn comes back sooner than later. It’s going to be tough though I reckon, but I’m hoping they find a way to surprise me. I keep veering between thinking we’ll be Ok and we’ll go down, i suppose that’s a reflection of how close it all is right now. Honestly couldn’t say what will happen. As long as we manage to stay in with a shout- I’ll be happy and see what happens last few games.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1479 on: February 10, 2020, 07:47:16 AM »
With who they have to play, I sincerely hope Palace are well out of it with straight wins in a few games time.

Still can't believe we didn't get a pen at Bournemouth for the head punch last week.ad thing is, give us the point at Palace, point at Arsenal and point last week at Bournemouth for awful decisions and we are well set to survive. If we do have anything due to us in the last few weeks it's 3 or 4 dodgy decisions to win us some points.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #1480 on: February 10, 2020, 07:55:37 AM »
Dean needs to learn how to motivate this team. Too many poor performances against shit team where we gift them points.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1481 on: February 10, 2020, 08:00:10 AM »
Agree Ozzy I’m, if Palace are in trouble after the next 4 then they will have helped our closest rivals.
It just proves that the most important results are our own.

Offline Perthvillan

• GM : 25.08.2023
« Reply #1482 on: February 10, 2020, 08:34:36 AM »
Results have gone for us so far in this winter break round of games.
It's All well and good for those around us to not get points (a good result in Brighton and Watford drawing) but we simply have to beat Spurs.
It would be a massive result and would put us top of the relegation scrap.
Looking at our remaining games I think that Villa Park is the key.
Even though the home games look difficult I think this will be where our fate will be decided.
I fear for us in the away games, I don't think we are going to get much joy away.
We must win at least four games to survive, which means beating the likes of Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal as well as Wolves and Palace.

Offline Ads

« Reply #1483 on: February 10, 2020, 08:43:13 AM »
Spurs, Man United and Arsenal on reputation look tough. The reality is, name apart, one is mid-table with fewer wins than us, the other is upper mid-table with their best player out with broken vertebrae and Spurs look a shadow of what they have been, having not won an away game since mid-December.

It doesn't mean we will win or ought to win, but there shouldn't be anything to fear or any reason why we cannot win against these names.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #1484 on: February 10, 2020, 08:44:48 AM »
We need a minimum of 3 home wins, 1 away and 2 draws. I think we will pick up another away win though, especially after McGinn is back.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal