collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2-0 Everton Post Match Thread  (Read 30849 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2-0 Everton Post Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: August 24, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
I’d like to comment on Douglas Luiz last night. I think he struggled to pick up the pace last night for the first 10 but once he’d got a grip of Siggurdsson he totally marked him out of the game leading to his substitution.

Also their right back was lucky not to get sent off after his deliberate kicking of Trez up in the air at that free kick the snidey git.

Big love for Freddy G as well.

I think what really showed last night though was a Villa Park where singing started in parts of the ground other than the Holte. Where there seemed a togetherness we haven’t had in a while and a team who worked their bollocks off for one another. It was a great night and I’m still buzzing. Can’t wait for Crewe on Tuesday.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #196 on: August 24, 2019, 09:04:08 AM »
I think the watching Gareth Southgate must have been impressed with our English contingent.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #197 on: August 24, 2019, 09:08:33 AM »
So many bright spots last night - Freddie looks the business, Jota has the quality to make a difference at this level, Engels looking more and more like Martin Laursen every day, big Wes was superb and took his goal very well etc etc. And as for SJM , he just gets better and better. Let’s not get carried away, but this team the potential to become a very useful side.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #198 on: August 24, 2019, 09:14:48 AM »
Good win that will hopefully give us confidence going into the next few games. Hard to pick a man of the match but Big Wes took his goal well, was a real handful and hardly gave the ball away.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #199 on: August 24, 2019, 09:14:56 AM »
I’d like to comment on Douglas Luiz last night. I think he struggled to pick up the pace last night for the first 10 but once he’d got a grip of Siggurdsson he totally marked him out of the game leading to his substitution.

Also their right back was lucky not to get sent off after his deliberate kicking of Trez up in the air at that free kick the snidey git.

I think what really showed last night though was a Villa Park where singing started in parts of the ground other than the Holte. Where there seemed a togetherness we haven’t had in a while and a team who worked their bollocks off for one another. It was a great night and I’m still buzzing. Can’t wait for Crewe on Tuesday.

As said earlier, I’m convinced that the number of season ticket holders we need to accommodate has meant the singers have had to spread to all parts of the ground, and it then becomes infectious.

It’s feckin brilliant.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #200 on: August 24, 2019, 09:15:25 AM »
Fucking hell I'm choked up. Maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen but there was something cathartic about this.

Have a fucking brill weekend everyone.

Me too. It was the way Carragher and G. Neville were talking about is that did for me.

What were they saying Perce? If anyone manages to find a video of it I'll be very grateful 😊

Somebody else asked me in another post so I’ll try and answer. They were just going on about what a massive club we were, how fitting that we were back in the PL, what a fantastic atmosphere etc. Very gushing in their praise but it seemed like genuine fondness and respect. Put it this way, the noses would have been hating it.,

And Neville’s favourite away ground

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #201 on: August 24, 2019, 09:15:48 AM »
The atmosphere was amazing, it was like it was for the Blues game but without the poison, just pure joy. I think it was a result of the relief of being back in the big time and getting a really good 3 points against a decent team. Excellent night.
Mings and Wesley were particularly good, if Wesley had more players around him up there, playing like that he'd be some player. I appreciate that playing deep last night got us the result though so not complaining. Mings currently looks every bit as good as most of the top centre backs we've had over the last 30 years, McGrath excluded of course. Heaton, McGinn and Engels were quality, and all of the others played well to an extent, one or two still look like they're adjusting but there is nothing to suggest that any of those that played last night can't be a success at this level.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #202 on: August 24, 2019, 09:15:57 AM »

As said earlier, I’m convinced that the number of season ticket holders we need to accommodate has meant the singers have had to spread to all parts of the ground, and it then becomes infectious.

It’s feckin brilliant.

Definitely a lot of Holte Enders including me in the Upper Trinity these days.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #203 on: August 24, 2019, 09:23:43 AM »
And to beat Everton is a real bonus. They have finished 8th the last two seasons and are unlikely to be involved in any relegation scrap. They are the best of the rest outside the top 6

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #204 on: August 24, 2019, 09:34:16 AM »
Oh, and just a footnote to last night - good that everyone joined in the 12th minute applause for Rhys Jones

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #205 on: August 24, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »
I think the watching Gareth Southgate must have been impressed with our English contingent.

I bet the Nord had goosebumps trying to think of a time in his 6 years at Villa where the ground shook him all night long like last night.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #206 on: August 24, 2019, 09:39:10 AM »
Sky were just saying that 22 year old Wesley cost £22m and scored his first goal for us in the 22nd minute, would be nice if he could score 22 goals this season.

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
« Reply #207 on: August 24, 2019, 09:46:44 AM »

Oh absolutely. It'd be bloody lovely if we had 3 in the England squad.

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #208 on: August 24, 2019, 09:51:54 AM »
The drug dealing and gangs on manor Road today

Er wrong thread? Do we have a Crimestoppers thread?

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #209 on: August 24, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »
Wow, what a night!

Marvellous, marvellous scenes.

UTV

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal