collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by LeeB
[Today at 11:23:02 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Lsvilla
[Today at 11:22:37 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by LeeB
[Today at 11:20:18 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by VillaTim
[Today at 11:18:13 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by Nev
[Today at 11:16:38 AM]

Champions League Contention by David_Nab
[Today at 11:12:11 AM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 11:08:39 AM]

Ollie Watkins by andyh
[Today at 10:53:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth pre match thread  (Read 41178 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Aston Villa vs AFC Bournemouth pre match thread
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2019, 11:07:46 AM »
11 points from thoes 5 games wouldn't have flattered us but Sherwood lost the plot in te Leicester game and the downward spiral from there was probably the worst period to be a villa fan ever, we were truly awful for the rest of that season other than a brief flicker around the January transfer window which got stomped all over by Liverpool and then the entire club just accepted defeat.

I still think the worst time ever was the Chelsea 0-8, Tottenham 0-4, Wigan 0-3, knocked out of the League Cup by Bradford, knocked out of the FA Cup by Millwall spell. Every game just seemed to be a punch in the guts.

The relegation season was more like a mercy killing. You knew we were down before Bonfire Night so no point stressing too much about the inevitable. Plus we had been rubbish for so many seasons, it didn't come as too much of a surprise by then.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 11:09:50 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2019, 11:09:56 AM »
To be honest, after circling the plug hole for so long, finally going down was a relief in some ways.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2019, 11:11:53 AM »
Just saw Merson on Sky .

I really worry for Villa , I cant see where the goals are coming from .

so 4-0 Villa

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2019, 11:12:35 AM »
We stank the place out for so many years it was kind of a relief when it actually happened.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2019, 11:14:15 AM »
11 points from thoes 5 games wouldn't have flattered us but Sherwood lost the plot in te Leicester game and the downward spiral from there was probably the worst period to be a villa fan ever, we were truly awful for the rest of that season other than a brief flicker around the January transfer window which got stomped all over by Liverpool and then the entire club just accepted defeat.

I still think the worst time ever was the Chelsea 0-8, Tottenham 0-4, Wigan 0-3, knocked out of the League Cup by Bradford, knocked out of the FA Cup by Millwall spell. Every game just seemed to be a punch in the guts.

The relegation season was more like a mercy killing. You knew we were down before Bonfire Night so no point stressing too much about the inevitable. Plus we had been rubbish for so many seasons, it didn't come as too much of a surprise by then.

I agree, that period will take some beating.  As everybody else has said, the relegation season was just the culmination of all the anti-planning coming together and delivering the killer blow.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2019, 11:16:25 AM »
Just saw Merson on Sky .

I really worry for Villa , I cant see where the goals are coming from .

so 4-0 Villa

Paul Merson  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2019, 11:21:28 AM »
Anyway, enough with the harking back to old disasters.  I haven't looked forward to going to a match at Villa Park so much since the Tranmere semi.  Hopefully we get at them from the start on the way to a comfortable 3-0 win.  My heart doesn't take nervy performances and results very well any more!

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2019, 11:24:48 AM »
I'm 90% looking forward to it, 10% scared.

I think the atmosphere will be better than any top flight game at the ground this decade.

Offline Dogtanian

« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2019, 11:34:23 AM »
Cannot wait!

I have to go and see Grease at the Hippodrome after, but at least after a good performance I can sit and daydream about the goals.

I'm already singing Grealish Lightning in my head.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2019, 11:39:00 AM »
I've gone for a win but it will be a real test.  Bournmouth are a good team with an intelligent manager and some excellent players, particulalry Fraser, Wilson & King going forward and also a very decent defence with Mepham and Ake.  A tough fixture and will be a great barometer of where we are.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2019, 11:39:10 AM »
Cannot wait!

I have to go and see Grease at the Hippodrome after, but at least after a good performance I can sit and daydream about the goals.

Why would you have to go?  Is someone forcing you to go?

Offline Dogtanian

« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2019, 11:44:45 AM »
Cannot wait!

Yes, basically.  My other-half wanted to see it so the tickets were a Christmas present and so I am expected to go, along with my wallet.   ;D

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #57 on: August 13, 2019, 11:51:41 AM »
Cannot wait!

Yes, basically.  My other-half wanted to see it so the tickets were a Christmas present and so I am expected to go, along with my wallet.   ;D

Never would someone have been praying for a home game with Bournemouth to be moved to a half 5 kick off on a Saturday as much as you a few weeks ago I bet!

Offline Dogtanian

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2019, 11:56:23 AM »
Cannot wait!

Never would someone have been praying for a home game with Bournemouth to be moved to a half 5 kick off on a Saturday as much as you a few weeks ago I bet!

Haha  ;D

Well, not sure how well that would have gone down.  He asked me to book my birthday week off earlier in the year before the fixtures came out as he was planning some surprise, and now it turns out we have Man U away...   I was told 'tough'.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2019, 12:32:07 PM »
Two very interesting home fixtures starting with Bournemouth. They are a team we would hope to beat if we are to prevail in this division, a draw is not the end of the world but a loss would make things tricky ahead of a tricky fixture against Everton.

If last Saturday is anything to go by the defence should be sound enough, it's what we can do from there with a full house and pressure on the team to produce but I think they will rise rather than cower from the occasion.

2-0

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal