collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Witton station after home games  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Sdwbvf

Witton station after home games
« on: September 14, 2019, 07:34:30 PM »
How's the queue at Witton station  after home games this season. Was sitting in Witton Lane when I went last year but will presumably have to go in Trinity this season which, last time I sat there I ended up getting back to London over an hour late thanks to the queue.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
Re: Witton station after home games
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 08:48:51 PM »
I'd go to Aston personally

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 10:44:15 PM »
I walked back to the city after the game against Bournemouth. Probably quicker than waiting ages for a train. The queues at Witton station were horrendous.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2019, 03:41:52 PM »
Public transport from Villa Park back into the city centre after a game is pretty hopeless, isn't it?  Are the 7 and 11 buses really the only ones that run back into town, on their ordinary schedules?  When did the special buses stop being run from up behind Aston Hall?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »
I always walk it back into town rather than join those ridiculous queues at the station. Heaven knows why they can’t get people away quicker than they do there.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2019, 04:16:44 PM »
Public transport from Villa Park back into the city centre after a game is pretty hopeless, isn't it?  Are the 7 and 11 buses really the only ones that run back into town, on their ordinary schedules?  When did the special buses stop being run from up behind Aston Hall?

When I'm getting the buzz into town I always walk to near the Bartons and catch it there. Rarely takes more than five minutes to arrive and usually in town within quarter of an hour of arriving at the bus stop.

You end up on the main dual carriageway to town and miss all the football traffic doing that.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2019, 04:24:59 PM »
How's the queue at Witton station  after home games this season. Was sitting in Witton Lane when I went last year but will presumably have to go in Trinity this season which, last time I sat there I ended up getting back to London over an hour late thanks to the queue.

Waiting time at Witton back into Brum after the Bournemouth game was horrendous.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2019, 04:37:21 PM »
Yeah surely makes more sense to walk to Aston. O.k longer walk but most of that traffic is going Sutton way.

Just seen you want to go via New Street so again 8 trains an hour compared to just the two from Witton.

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2019, 04:50:58 PM »
I love those Davo Diarys videos on youtube where the Blues fans reckon they dont see any of us heading into town after the match, we are all headed north out of the city. They never heard of segregation - they should read this thread.

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2019, 11:39:03 PM »
I walked back to the city after the game against Bournemouth. Probably quicker than waiting ages for a train. The queues at Witton station were horrendous.

I would on my own. The children have a habit of whinging after a few minutes though! After Derby in 2018 waited ages then they ran a Wallsall through non stop which was the last straw and i ended giving up and walking to Aston. I've got seats in A7 for the Brighton game same as I did then so I reckon Aston is best on the way back.

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2019, 03:14:09 AM »

The 11 doesn’t go into town. Other option for a bus into town is going via the Lichfield RD. it’s quicker than the train and number 7. However, it’s still a pain. Walking is best tbh.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal