collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mike Ferguson  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
Mike Ferguson
« on: August 31, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »
Reported on OS that Mike Ferguson has passed away. Can vaguely remember him and recall that he played for other teams better than he ever did for Villa. Perhaps someone with better memory than me can pull a few more details together of his time at Villa Park

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
Re: Mike Ferguson
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 10:50:25 AM »
I thought at the time he'd be a decent signing (from Blackburn), but only remember him fitfully as part of our slide down. Neat and tidy is about all I can say about his playing.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 08:34:32 PM »
I remember he scored a worldy for Blackburn against us at Villa Park.  Dribbled the ball from inside his own half past the majority of our team and scored.  It really was a great goal.  I always suspected we signed him on the strength of that goal, it was a while after mind.

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 09:30:59 PM »
You know, that rings a bell. I definitely went to see us play Blackburn - I often picked which games to go to (my 2/6d pocket money only went so far) on the strength of seeing England players I had bubblegum/sweet cigarette cards of, and both Bryan Douglas and Ronnie Clayton loomed large - and I don’t have any happy childhood memories of Blackburn Rovers!

Offline steamer

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2019, 07:16:38 AM »
I also had him as a bubble gum card wearing the patch shirt of Blackburn rovers.
Old timers might remember the villain magazine that the club issued, I have a picture of him in one of those magazines.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2019, 11:34:08 PM »
I remember that wonderful goal Mike Ferguson scored for Blackburn against us,one of the best goals i have ever seen at Villa Park .I think it is fair to say that he never really did it for Villa I also seem to recall he fell out with Tommy Doc which did'nt help

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal