collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: Press-ing about once more by cdbullyweefan
[Today at 10:10:10 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by aev
[Today at 10:09:14 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by Clampy
[Today at 10:07:26 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by Risso
[Today at 10:01:40 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by Clampy
[Today at 09:42:21 AM]

Re: Press-ing about once more by Proposition Joe
[Today at 09:42:04 AM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by Ad@m
[Today at 09:38:53 AM]

Re: Liverpool vs Aston Villa post match thread by Proposition Joe
[Today at 09:35:10 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gareth Bale  (Read 3716 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Gareth Bale
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2019, 09:41:56 AM »
No player deserves £1m per week...itís beyond ridiculous! My brain canít even compute what you could or should do with that much money.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2019, 09:42:07 AM »
He could take a pay cut - to say a measly £200k a week - and play for a club in a decent league. I get that most of us wouldnít take a pay cut but most of us havenít already earned enough during our career that our children would never have to work let alone ourselves. He could still earn a lot of money by even top footballer standard and play in a competitive level if he wanted to. If cash is his only concern then he deserves to be called a mercenary.

He probably thinks that he's just been playing for the biggest club in the world, and hasn't done anything wrong. So doesn't feel that he deserves punishing by taking a pay cut.

Offline rogfromb6

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2019, 10:10:57 AM »
Fair point that no one has come in for him but thereís no chance that that will happen unless heís prepared to take a pay cut. Itís not as if he will be on minimum wage wherever he goes.

In my opinion heíll be regarded as a very good player, but not a great player, who was part of a team  driven by Cristiano Ronaldo, who failed to step up to the mark when Ronaldo left. His legacy will be on a par with say Karin Benzema.

You would think that he would be champing at the bit to prove Zidane wrong and show he is truly one of the greats but instead money seems to be main issue for him.

Online Bren'd

• GM : 02.03.2021
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2019, 10:18:57 AM »
No player deserves £1m per week...itís beyond ridiculous! My brain canít even compute what you could or should do with that much money.

One transfer window would see it gone.

After his contract is finished he could buy Cardiff City if he wanted to. I donít know what his plans are when his career is over but owning his own club would be doable and heíd still have a few years as a player for them.
The reality is that heíll spend it on fancy cars and a plush apartment in Dubai.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2019, 10:25:17 AM »
And if Small Heath could have scraped up £4 million he'd have gone there.

Online ChicagoLion

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2019, 12:06:52 AM »
I donít think any major European player has lasted 3 years in China.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2019, 12:58:24 AM »
And if Small Heath could have scraped up £4 million he'd have gone there.

No time for the ponytailed simian at all. But he didn't deserve that.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2019, 09:21:14 AM »
You would think that he would be champing at the bit to prove Zidane wrong and show he is truly one of the greats but instead money seems to be main issue for him.

The way I read it was that Zidane wants the spot and wages to rebuild the team and and has told Bale to go, reinforcing the message by leaving him out of friendlies. Bale wants to stay but isnít being allowed to.

A talented player with everything but I agree, not quite top class and his refusal to integrate is probably one of the main reasons for that.

Online hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2019, 01:31:47 PM »
Now staying at Real apparently.  For the time being anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49144872

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2019, 08:26:19 PM »
I've watched Beckham, Owen and now Bale - they don't seem to like players from over here having any success. Weird.

Owen seemed to score from every other substitute appearance but was never a regular.

Bale would be a legend at any other club.   

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2019, 08:42:04 PM »
Real fans booed Cristiano Ronaldo because they didn't like that he was getting more attention than Raul. The sad, pathetic, Francoite jingoistic bellends.

Online mallo

• GM : 28.03.2021
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2019, 10:51:48 PM »
Real fans booed Cristiano Ronaldo because they didn't like that he was getting more attention than Raul. The sad, pathetic, Francoite jingoistic bellends.
Really? Jeez thatís a new standard in low, pathetic childishness. Sod them forever.

Online ChicagoLion

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2019, 06:38:58 AM »
78 league starts in 4 years.
3 years left on contract at #600k a week (29 million a year) and just turned 30.
Itís hard to see him going any where if the Chinese donít take him.

Online Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »

The way I read it was that Zidane wants the spot and wages to rebuild the team and and has told Bale to go, reinforcing the message by leaving him out of friendlies. Bale wants to stay but isnít being allowed to.

A talented player with everything but I agree, not quite top class and his refusal to integrate is probably one of the main reasons for that.

Wow!  4 x Champions League trophies, 3 x Super Cups, 3 x Club World Cups, 1 x La Liga title, a Copa del Rey and a Supercopa might beg to differ...

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2019, 08:19:11 PM »

Wow!  4 x Champions League trophies, 3 x Super Cups, 3 x Club World Cups, 1 x La Liga title, a Copa del Rey and a Supercopa might beg to differ...

78 league starts in 4 years!   He's missed 50% of the games!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal