collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149810 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #540 on: August 02, 2020, 04:18:36 PM »
Yep

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #541 on: August 02, 2020, 04:19:01 PM »
I think we'll cash in on him given he upped his value in last few weeks and seems he's still well thought of in Turkey. Keep AEG as a squad option.

I'd cash in while his stock is high. I think we're stuck with AEG, I can't see anybody interested to part with money for him. He'll probably spend the rest of his contract sitting on the bench until January then out on loan in Europe.

There's a good player lurking in AEG. Spurs at home he was really good first half, direct and set up the own goal with a good cross Then Southampton away the next week he stubs his toe and wants out after 20 minutes of a huge six pointer. Makes a miracle recovery and sets up the goal at Wembley and then his useless with the rest of them at Leicester.

Four games that sum up how wildly inconsistant he is. Perhaps he can kick on a bit next season.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #542 on: August 02, 2020, 04:50:29 PM »
What we do not know for sure is if Benrahma is actually an upgrade until he plays consistenly at the PL level. We all know it's one thing looking great against Championship level defenders but another to make that leap to the top level. Not saying he's not able to make that jump but it's still a risk to splash out what could be 20M plus on a player that just isn't proven against the best defenders in English football.

Well I'd say he looks better at Championshiplevel than El Ghazi ever did.  He's faster and able to beat a man more easily for a start.

I don't disagree with that. AEG also only cost 8m in the end so much less of a financial gamble or sense of expectations. But again, he's beating Championship full backs, not to say he won't translate that to the top tier. We'll just have to wait and see. And wasn't he valued by Brentford in excess of 20m last summer which is why we didn't get him? I imagine they will want as much if not more one year on, and certainly more if they come up.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #543 on: August 02, 2020, 04:51:15 PM »
What we do not know for sure is if Benrahma is actually an upgrade until he plays consistenly at the PL level. We all know it's one thing looking great against Championship level defenders but another to make that leap to the top level. Not saying he's not able to make that jump but it's still a risk to splash out what could be 20M plus on a player that just isn't proven against the best defenders in English football.

A player proven at Premier League level will cost a lot more than£20 million. You pays yer money...

Yep, nowadays an Alex Iwobi costs north of 30m.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #544 on: August 02, 2020, 10:54:39 PM »

A player proven at Premier League level will cost a lot more than£20 million. You pays yer money...

Yep, nowadays an Alex Iwobi costs north of 30m.

Fuck me, Everton have had their trousers taken down so many times over the last few transfer windows. It’s like they took up our mantle once we’d got relegated, determined to make our transfer ineptitude look twee in comparison.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #545 on: August 02, 2020, 11:04:46 PM »
If the Trezeguet move rumours are true, what would we get for him - just our money back, or a premium?

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #546 on: August 02, 2020, 11:28:19 PM »
Trezeguet just helped keep a team up in the PL with 3 crucial goals. He’s added to his value and added to his personal income I imagine if he does move.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #547 on: August 02, 2020, 11:31:08 PM »
If we sold him we'd get 9-10m for him I reckon.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #548 on: August 02, 2020, 11:49:04 PM »
That’s pretty much what we paid for him as an untried PL footballer. I think he’d go for more in the £12-15m range now. Which is still a pittance at this level. There are a number of players with the same or worse stats as Trezeguet that have gone for much more. The PL just commands stupid fees. But given he’d go abroad it reduces that a little.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #549 on: August 03, 2020, 12:07:50 AM »
He'd probably go somewhere like Turkey and they aren't paying 12-15m for him imo, especially in the current financial climate.

Offline Toronto Villa

« Reply #550 on: August 03, 2020, 12:14:52 AM »
Agreed, the question will be then is it worth selling him for that price? Because any replacement would have to be as good or better and we’ll likely not be paying what they pay in Turkey. If we can’t get proper value I’d be tempted to just keep him.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #551 on: August 03, 2020, 12:24:27 AM »
There was speculation a while ago about a swap deal for Christian Luyundula of Fenerbahce.

Offline dave17

« Reply #552 on: August 03, 2020, 01:16:18 AM »
Trezeguet just helped keep a team up in the PL with 3 crucial goals. He’s added to his value and added to his personal income I imagine if he does move.
His old school sneaky back post routine is worth 10m alone. Flattered to deceive but his goals on the league cup and the prem means he’s worth what we paid and if he goes, he’s one of us

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #553 on: August 03, 2020, 10:12:23 AM »
Income tax in Turkey is 7%.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #554 on: August 03, 2020, 10:13:30 AM »
He'd probably go somewhere like Turkey and they aren't paying 12-15m for him imo, especially in the current financial climate.

12m Turkish Lira would be about right.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal