collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - SOLD  (Read 149887 times)

Offline Chris Harte

Re: Mahmoud Hassan (Trezeguet) - Signed
« Reply #1020 on: January 03, 2022, 08:32:02 PM »
Many teams will be weakened by the African nations cup with key players lost, on the other hand villa lose Trezeguet and Traore.
A good point.

Good to see people generally disapproving of Mahmoud's actions yesterday. Overt attempts at cheating are a stain on the game. IIRC it first started to manifest itself in the late-80s as an import from the continent. Now everyone seems to be at it.

Franny Lee says Hi.
Was Francis Lee a cheat? I only recall him having that scrap at Derby's Baseball Ground in the mud.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1021 on: January 03, 2022, 08:39:12 PM »
I remember seeing us on a Big Match Revisited a good while back, and thinking Colin Gibson went down a bit easily. Mind you, thinking about it, there's a good chance that's what persuaded manyoo to buy him.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1022 on: January 03, 2022, 10:30:27 PM »
Many teams will be weakened by the African nations cup with key players lost, on the other hand villa lose Trezeguet and Traore.
A good point.

Good to see people generally disapproving of Mahmoud's actions yesterday. Overt attempts at cheating are a stain on the game. IIRC it first started to manifest itself in the late-80s as an import from the continent. Now everyone seems to be at it.

Franny Lee says Hi.
Was Francis Lee a cheat? I only recall him having that scrap at Derby's Baseball Ground in the mud.

He wasn't known as the Chinese striker Lee One Pen for nothing.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #1023 on: January 03, 2022, 10:40:22 PM »
A good point.

Franny Lee says Hi.

Francis  Lee was probably  the biggest cheat to ever put on a pair of football boots and by God he had some competition.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #1024 on: January 04, 2022, 06:58:48 PM »
A good point.

Franny Lee says Hi.

Francis  Lee was probably  the biggest cheat to ever put on a pair of football boots and by God he had some competition.
I'm too young to know about that. Oh well. :)

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1025 on: January 05, 2022, 12:38:54 AM »
A good point.

Franny Lee says Hi.

He went on to run a very successful bog roll business.

One of my early heroes, Willie Anderson, was widely reputed by opposition fans to be a master of the swan dive.   

Online dcdavecollett

« Reply #1026 on: January 06, 2022, 01:47:46 AM »
Going back to Trez: the dive at the w/end was obvious and embarrassing, but it's worth remembering that he took a two-handed push in the back at Anfield last season, did his best to stay on his feet which the ref took as a cue to not award a blatant penalty.

It's been said on here before; if the refs won't do their jobs properly, no wonder the players dive!!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1027 on: January 06, 2022, 10:30:55 AM »
I think Hassan does have form for going down like a hooker though. Can't believe he didn't get booked at Brentford. I actually would have applauded the ref if he'd shown a red card.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1028 on: January 06, 2022, 11:38:02 AM »
Going back to Trez: the dive at the w/end was obvious and embarrassing, but it's worth remembering that he took a two-handed push in the back at Anfield last season, did his best to stay on his feet which the ref took as a cue to not award a blatant penalty.

It's been said on here before; if the refs won't do their jobs properly, no wonder the players dive!!

Yep, exactly, it's shameful when one of our own makes a tit of himself but this all comes back to refs not being willing to give a free kick/penalty if the players stay on their feet, it just encourages players to go down cheaply and makes people who are good at diving more valuable than they should be.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1029 on: January 06, 2022, 12:04:36 PM »
If salah had been in that position it would have been a pen because he would have gone down normally. He's world class at buying pens as well as in other ways. I think it's slightly endearing that we've got a player who's that shit at cheating  :D

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1030 on: January 06, 2022, 12:07:08 PM »
If salah had been in that position it would have been a pen because he would have gone down normally. He's world class at buying pens as well as in other ways. I think it's slightly endearing that we've got a player who's that shit at cheating  :D

and Fernandes, Kane, Sterling along with many others all across the top leagues in Europe.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #1031 on: January 06, 2022, 12:18:57 PM »

and Fernandes, Kane, Sterling along with many others all across the top leagues in Europe.

yep.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #1032 on: January 07, 2022, 09:10:43 PM »
Talkshite really did excel themselves this morning.

Within the space of a couple of minutes, Trevor Sinclair and Alan Brazil performed a brutal character assassination of EL GHAZI  for his dive at Brentford, before accusing him of being a repeat offender.  Then not to be outdone,  Ray Parlour decides to voice his opinion that Coutinho is a great signing for LIVERPOOL!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 09:14:50 PM by BC Villain »

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #1033 on: January 08, 2022, 06:56:45 PM »
Brazil hates the villa - pay no attention to the fat alcoholic

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1034 on: January 08, 2022, 10:29:54 PM »
Alan brazil belongs in the Rant Thread.  He's an illiterate prick. Absolutely crap show.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal