collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bjorn Engels - Goodbye and good luck  (Read 78208 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

Re: Bjorn Engels - Confirmed
« Reply #360 on: January 19, 2020, 03:21:21 PM »
Training ground bust up weeks ago and we are trying to find a centre back to let him go aparently.

Terry blamed him for a goal and he blamed the formation which smith took offence to and dropped him and hes not has a sniff since. If vida comes Engles goes.

Fucking hell!

There's a bit of O'Neill in Smith then eh. Would have thought him more forgiving myself. Particularly when we're not blessed with quality in depth.

Surely to make that kind of assessment you'd need to know exactly what the alleged training ground bust-up consisted of?

Did you not read Holy Trinity's post, or are you just being obtuse? My reply was obviously working on the basis that there is some truth to what HT is saying. Are you suggesting he's making it up, or that it's patently untrue?

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #361 on: January 19, 2020, 03:36:06 PM »
I find that hard to believe.  I know Smith's stubborn but surely he wouldn't freeze out a very promising player for something like that when we have the second worst defence in the division?

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #362 on: January 19, 2020, 04:56:16 PM »
It's a twitter bullshit post.

Offline malckennedy

« Reply #363 on: January 19, 2020, 05:15:48 PM »
Training ground bust up weeks ago and we are trying to find a centre back to let him go aparently.

Terry blamed him for a goal and he blamed the formation which smith took offence to and dropped him and hes not has a sniff since. If vida comes Engles goes.

Fucking hell!

There's a bit of O'Neill in Smith then eh. Would have thought him more forgiving myself. Particularly when we're not blessed with quality in depth.

Surely to make that kind of assessment you'd need to know exactly what the alleged training ground bust-up consisted of?

Did you not read Holy Trinity's post, or are you just being obtuse? My reply was obviously working on the basis that there is some truth to what HT is saying. Are you suggesting he's making it up, or that it's patently untrue?

I wouldn’t suggest that he’s making it up but this doesn’t mean that it’s not patently untrue. I’d say it is very unlikely to be true.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #364 on: January 19, 2020, 05:47:31 PM »
He's been bombed out of the squad for a reason. He hasn't posted on social media himself since November, prior to which he regularly posted after every game. Something's gone on.

richtheholtender

« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2020, 05:49:04 PM »
Would like to see him in a 3 alongside Mings and konsa.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2020, 06:53:51 PM »
Would like him back full stop, do hope this alleged bust up can be sorted out. Saw enough of him in first 2 months of season that he has the ability and more so attitude that we need more than ever now.

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2020, 07:01:30 PM »
His wife/partner is from Merseyside and I regularly talk with one of her relatives whilst I am out walking Marley ... I shall make some enquiries :)
I do know Engels was delighted when he signed for the Villa
I hope the rumour is just that as we need a togetherness in the  squad right now

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #368 on: January 19, 2020, 07:07:01 PM »
In my view he's a bloody good player, and on the assumption he is fit he should be starting alongside Mings every time.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #369 on: January 19, 2020, 07:08:25 PM »

Fucking hell!

Neither. I'm suggesting that if an incident did happen, 'training ground bust-up' can cover a whole range of things. He could have blamed the formation by saying "yeah, what about the formation then, let's talk about that." - in which case Smith would have been harsh to bomb him out. Or he could have gone face-to-face with him and screamed "you f***g useless c**t, f***k you and your f****g formation" and pushed him before storming off, in which case he wouldn't have been harsh to bomb him out. So what I meant by you would need to know exactly what happened before making a judgement was just that. Your reply was working on the basis of assuming Smith was to blame whatever the extent of the incident.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 07:13:57 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #370 on: January 19, 2020, 11:51:38 PM »

Me too. Hause is starting to become a bit of a liability and desperately needs some time on the bench.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2020, 12:40:20 AM »

Konsa has a few too many mistakes in his locker at the moment, so I would add Chester to that mix, but have doubts about how fit Chester actually is. 

Online frank black

« Reply #372 on: January 22, 2020, 04:05:37 PM »
Engels enjoying the south of France I believe.

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #373 on: January 22, 2020, 04:17:29 PM »
Yes, posted on Instagram - Hotel and Spa (could be injury related)

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #374 on: January 22, 2020, 04:20:58 PM »
Yes, posted on Instagram - Hotel and Spa (could be injury related)

Dean said he's fine and that he just decided to choose Chester ahead of him on the bench, but that Bjorn was doing extra training at Bodymoor with Jota ... perhaps not realising that Bjorn has been posting his holiday snaps on social media in the meantime.

Awkward.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal