collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 03:47:29 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Brend'Watkins
[Today at 03:47:07 PM]

FFP by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 03:42:29 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by tomd2103
[Today at 03:41:06 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by simboy
[Today at 03:32:30 PM]

Emi Buendia - Injured by Smithy
[Today at 03:21:40 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by paul_e
[Today at 03:08:30 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 02:33:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 496716 times)

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #4305 on: April 17, 2024, 03:09:47 PM »
There's not a cats chance in hell that anyone is spending forty million pounds on nketiah.

Yep. You could just download the song off Spotify.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #4306 on: April 17, 2024, 03:17:19 PM »
I know it's controversial, but I'd take an offer over £80m for him. He has been a walking yellow card for months now, and it would sort us out for FFP. Tielemans and McGann played well as deep lying midfielders against Arsenal, and I have confidence we would spend the money well.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #4307 on: April 17, 2024, 03:23:20 PM »
I know it's controversial, but I'd take an offer over £80m for him. He has been a walking yellow card for months now, and it would sort us out for FFP. Tielemans and McGann played well as deep lying midfielders against Arsenal, and I have confidence we would spend the money well.

£80m would be my very lowest number. The benchmark has to be that Brighton fella who went to Chelsea (cant be arsed to look him up and he is a nonentity now). Wasn't that £100m plus? But you need two bidders to get that happening. However, I suspect that FFP has depressed prices for the first time in decades.

I wouldn't take a penny for Watkins. They can fuck right off.

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #4308 on: April 17, 2024, 03:25:36 PM »

Controversial/insane

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4309 on: April 17, 2024, 03:26:49 PM »
Nketiah and Josh Onomah, imagine what they could do for the Villa.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #4310 on: April 17, 2024, 03:27:53 PM »

I think you need a Doctor.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4311 on: April 17, 2024, 03:27:57 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he went - him and ramsey seem the most replacement with high value.  If were selling anyone "big" it will be him. 

Emi - we wouldn't get enough for it to be worthwhile
Watkins - so few good strikers if we sold him for 100m we would need to spend 150m to replace him.

Ideally we might be able to sell some squad players like cash.  But given our injury lists half the squads value is depressed by the fact they haven't played this season much. 

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #4312 on: April 17, 2024, 03:32:04 PM »

Controversial/insane

If we do need to sell a "big" asset for PSR reasons, he's probably one of my preferred options too.

In order, I'd say something like Bailey, Douglas Luiz, Konsa, McGinn, Martinez, Watkins.

If we don't, then obviously let's not sell any of them.

Online Olneythelonely

« Reply #4313 on: April 17, 2024, 03:33:39 PM »

Controversial/insane

If we do need to sell a "big" asset for PSR reasons, he's probably one of my preferred options too.

In order, I'd say something like Bailey, Douglas Luiz, Konsa, McGinn, Martinez, Watkins.

If we don't, then obviously let's not sell any of them.

It’s more the price tag. Shouldn’t be picking up the phone for anything less than 3 figures.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #4314 on: April 17, 2024, 04:09:45 PM »
I think if we need to offload anyone for FFP reasons you have to look at players who have not had much impact this season for whatever reason (injury for example) and also areas where we're well covered. Likely fee is also a big consideration and also of course whether they're pushing for a move anyway.
Assuming they're not pushing for a move, Martinez and Watkins are the last ones to consider. We're not all that well covered there full stop. I'd be thinking Ramsey and Tielemans are playing for a similar role and Ramsey has hardly figured this season. Both good players. Digne and Moreno, both good players for lest back, Mings and Torres both good players for LCB and obviously Mings hasn't figured this season. Coming back from a long injury might be an issue with that idea of course. I do think there's a cracking player in Diaby but we haven't seen much of it in the last 4/5 months, and with Buendia coming back....

I woudn't like to see Douglas go unless he's seriously pushing.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #4315 on: April 17, 2024, 04:15:12 PM »
Tielemans is the only player worth our while selling of what could be considered part of the first team group.

Hes pure profit, probably on pretty high wages & apart from the odd decent pass has offered little to nothing for the remainder of the season that Buendia is good enough to deliver when he is back fit... And while Buendia isn't the quickest, he is Speedy Gonzales next to Tielemans.

If we get enough for him to cover any potential FFP/PSR/ETC/??? issues, we wont have to sell any of our best players.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4316 on: April 17, 2024, 04:18:57 PM »
We get CL and win a trophy, we’ll be selling no one.

Online Olneythelonely

« Reply #4317 on: April 17, 2024, 04:20:32 PM »
Tielemans is the only player worth our while selling of what could be considered part of the first team group.

Hes pure profit, probably on pretty high wages & apart from the odd decent pass has offered little to nothing for the remainder of the season that Buendia is good enough to deliver when he is back fit... And while Buendia isn't the quickest, he is Speedy Gonzales next to Tielemans.

If we get enough for him to cover any potential FFP/PSR/ETC/??? issues, we wont have to sell any of our best players.

I just don’t think that’s true regarding Tielemans’ impact.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #4318 on: April 17, 2024, 04:25:47 PM »
Maybe I am being a little harsh.

Compared to the rest of the regular first team/squad players, I think his impact has been the weakest...

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #4319 on: April 17, 2024, 04:25:59 PM »

I just don’t think that’s true regarding Tielemans’ impact.

Agreed. He's been perfectly decent and an important part of the squad, particularly in the current era of one or two other midfielders being missing.

Besides, if he wasn't offering anything worth keeping, why would anyone want to give us "pure profit" and him "pretty high wages"?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal