collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 473146 times)

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed
« Reply #1635 on: April 27, 2021, 05:31:09 PM »
When you're a member of a particularly shit team all the players tend to get tarred with the same brush, and our relegated team of five years ago was particularly shit.

The last team I wanted to forget ever existed was the relegated team of 1987, yet even that team contained players who went on to have good careers elsewhere.

I thought Douglas Luiz had a good game against the Albion actually.

And me, I thought he played quite well. I was surprised when he went off.

Me too, he played very well. He looked back to his commanding self. He was winning the ball and driving us forward.

Given the role he plays in the team I think he'll always look good when we have a lot of possession.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1636 on: May 09, 2021, 08:55:10 PM »
I seriously hope idiots aren’t personally abusing a 23 year online to prompt this response

Reported by Ashley Preece: Douglas Luiz's impassioned Instagram message after his mistake vs Man United:

'I am a passionate player for the club & I never wanted to commit a penalty like this & end up hurting the team and the result. Now, who doesn't understand me, **** you. With many errors, I'm learning!'

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #1637 on: May 09, 2021, 08:59:28 PM »
I seriously hope idiots aren’t personally abusing a 23 year online to prompt this response

Reported by Ashley Preece: Douglas Luiz's impassioned Instagram message after his mistake vs Man United:

'I am a passionate player for the club & I never wanted to commit a penalty like this & end up hurting the team and the result. Now, who doesn't understand me, **** you. With many errors, I'm learning!'

I have just read he’s been receiving all kinds of abuse after today. That’s completely bang out of order, he’s a great young player. Social media can be such a nasty place.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1638 on: May 09, 2021, 09:00:13 PM »
I thought he had a good first half but the tackle on Pogba was very disappointing considering what happened in the last game.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1639 on: May 09, 2021, 09:00:45 PM »

Of course they are, plenty of people have been ripping into him on here, on other forums and on social media, it's a much smaller step than most people are willing to accept to go from that to sending him messages on twitter/IG blaming him for the defeat. Once you look at it realistically it's easy to see that plenty of people will take it to far and go to things like racial abuse, the social media black out last week was the first step on a long journey to stop this sort of bullshit.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #1640 on: May 09, 2021, 09:10:47 PM »
I love sites like this, I rarely engage with other match going Villa fans other than my mates to know what other Villa fans opinions are etc but Social media in general is absolute wank at times, I fucking despise it, wether it be this or my other hobbie of aviation photography. It gives absolute bellends a platform to say things they would never dream of saying in person. Just fuck right off, Yeah Dougie fucked up today but that he feels he needs to come out and explain himself and apologize does not sit right with me at all.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #1641 on: May 09, 2021, 09:21:04 PM »
I do wonder why the players bother with it at all. 
On a good day are you really going to respond to the fans like they’re your mates?  I doubt it.
Have a bad day and you take it personally.  That’s lose v Lose situation.

That’s not aimed at Luiz in particular, all players.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1642 on: May 09, 2021, 09:27:48 PM »
We older fuckers haven’t grown up with social media. These young lads they’ve been surrounded by it so they don’t always know anything else. All their mates are on it so it’s just part of their natural environment. And for all the good they get out of it you get a very dark other side to it. I despise it that utter, utter wankers can have free swings at athletes or public figures without consequences. It’s not criticism. It’s fuckers who get bold from behind a keyboard without any thought or consideration to the potential impact it has.

Online paul_e

« Reply #1643 on: May 09, 2021, 09:41:31 PM »
We older fuckers haven’t grown up with social media. These young lads they’ve been surrounded by it so they don’t always know anything else. All their mates are on it so it’s just part of their natural environment. And for all the good they get out of it you get a very dark other side to it. I despise it that utter, utter wankers can have free swings at athletes or public figures without consequences. It’s not criticism. It’s fuckers who get bold from behind a keyboard without any thought or consideration to the potential impact it has.

All the negative things are true but look at some of the good things people like Mings have done from it and it's easy to see the appeal for a good person.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #1644 on: May 09, 2021, 09:49:19 PM »
It's difficult to police, granted.

They might be 12-15 year olds who feel cool dishing out swearwords to celebrities.

If they're voting age and are brave/daft enough to do those kind of things online under their real name, throw the book at them. AEG mentioned one of the twats wishing him dead was a Villa season ticket holder.  We don't need that sort of brain donor.  Name and shame. Get them banned.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1645 on: May 09, 2021, 10:48:53 PM »
Well said Doug, people, and I use that term in the loosest possible sense, need to get a grip. He’s going to be an excellent player and he’ll learn from these experiences.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1646 on: May 09, 2021, 10:59:36 PM »
What a bunch of arseholes. Fuck the haters, Doug. 🇧🇷

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #1647 on: May 09, 2021, 11:08:28 PM »
You just had to see the look on his face when Bruno sent the keeper the wrong way to know he was pig sick about giving the penalty away.

It's been an odd season so let's see how the team looks after a proper pre-season and a few additions but I think Dougie will come good.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 12:05:43 AM by Brazilian Villain »

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1648 on: May 10, 2021, 12:05:07 AM »
He a good player, it's been a long couple of seasons fro all sorts of reasons and I've no doubt he along with others are tired. I've no doubt he'll come good.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1649 on: May 29, 2021, 05:25:45 PM »
The buy back clause beginning to gather pace again with the Express quoting whatever 90 minutes is.  The Meaning Evil already has him sold for £27.5m and named potential replacements for him!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal