collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed  (Read 488538 times)

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
Re: Douglas Luiz
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2019, 08:39:49 PM »
I know this buy back thing is in danger of becoming the new release clause/bidding war but the one question I can’t see although the answer would seem to be obvious....

Do they have first refusal and an agreed price IF we sell him or can they trigger a sale? If so, is there likely to be an earliest and latest point where they can trigger it?

I realise these things won’t be known in detail but what do we reckon and is there a precedent?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2019, 08:44:44 PM »
I know this buy back thing is in danger of becoming the new release clause/bidding war but the one question I can’t see although the answer would seem to be obvious....

Do they have first refusal and an agreed price IF we sell him or can they trigger a sale? If so, is there likely to be an earliest and latest point where they can trigger it?

The latter. If they want to buy him, there will be an agreed price and the player will already have signed his agreement to the future move.

But the pre-agreed fee is normally a fair bit more than the original transfer.

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2019, 08:49:42 PM »

I realise these things won’t be known in detail but what do we reckon and is there a precedent?
With most release fees, if someone offers the release amount they get them. In this instance we're only obliged to sell him back to citeh. The only example i know of a release fee being flouted was when arsenal tried to sign suarez and liverpool refused.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2019, 08:52:58 PM »
Announce Luis!!

He looks rather special.  Two footed, plays a bit like he's a McGinn/Grealish love child.  Please get this one over the line.

Offline themossman

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2019, 08:59:51 PM »
Cheers chaps. It does sound in effect like a deal somewhere between a permanent singing and a loan, not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

I wonder how it would work (hypothetically) if his likely price went above the buyback price and they just wanted flip him for a profit?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2019, 09:01:33 PM »
Strong boy with the passing range of Hoddle

So not quite the new Sid.
Yes poor show.

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2019, 09:03:04 PM »
Cheers chaps. It does sound in effect like a deal somewhere between a permanent singing and a loan, not that it is necessarily a bad thing.

I wonder how it would work (hypothetically) if his likely price went above the buyback price and they just wanted flip him for a profit?
That's the big unknown. I can't imagine we'd agree to a shit deal, though, or one just to help out city. One way or another, I'd imagine we'd have a contingency plan in place.

Offline frank black

« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2019, 09:08:12 PM »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-transfer-angelino-buyback-16517641.amp

Offline Dave

« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »

Then that's exactly what they do. And probably will.

Alvaro Morata for example - Madrid sell him to Juventus for 20m. Buy him back two years later for 30m. Sell him to Chelsea a year later for 60m.

He was at Madrid for a season in between, but nothing stopping them for just selling him straight away.

Offline frank black

« Reply #99 on: July 12, 2019, 09:11:20 PM »
It’s no substitute for finding your own gem. But it’ll do for now

Offline Dave

« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2019, 09:12:02 PM »

That's the big unknown. I can't imagine we'd agree to a shit deal, though, or one just to help out city. One way or another, I'd imagine we'd have a contingency plan in place.

You'd normally set the return fee significantly higher than what you originally paid.

So if we ended up "helping out City", that happened by him being so good for us that they want to give us a profit and he's given us enough good performances in our team to warrant that profit.

Offline themossman

« Reply #101 on: July 12, 2019, 09:15:58 PM »
Agreed. I have tremendous faith in these guys to get the details of these deals right which is a new and novel feeling.

Offline Ger Regan

« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2019, 09:16:41 PM »
Yeah, I'm more thinking of us not agreeing to a really low release fee. Didn't that happen with a player re-signed from PSV this year? That's the sort of deal i'm pretty confident we wouldn't agree to.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2019, 09:19:20 PM »
I assume Man. City will have buy back clause on him, I believe Pep rates him highly but that pesky work permit stopped him being included in their squad so they've had to loan him out.

Haven't read the thread but who are we getting passed that btw, he hasn't been called up for Brazil and BBC article just says we're "confident."

Was also going to mention there is actually a Girona fan who posts on another forum who I'd ask for more information........but let's not go down that route again (wink).

Interesting signing though, think he can also play at CB in a 3 if required.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #104 on: July 12, 2019, 09:24:13 PM »
Important not to get carried away btw, just looking at his stats and he started 1 game for Girona in 17/18 and just 16 last season in a team that got relegated.

He's obviously got huge potential with Pep rating him but not sure he'll be our week in week out DM, gamble if he is.

This reminds me of when we signed Tiago Ilori who'd had a good loan season in Spain and he quickly faded into obscurity after the managerial change.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal